ELuxurySupply was started by retired Marine officer Paul Saunders. From the very beginning their mission has been simple…create quality sleep products at an uncommon price. For the last five years they have been offering bedding, pillows, toppers, and other sleep accessories, shaking up the status quo of the online sleep industry.
Their newest creation is their gel memory foam mattress. This mattress is lean in design and price, but can it really offer great comfort and support? Sleepopolis put them to the test in this week’s mattress review!
Continue reading for the full ELuxurySupply mattress review. Or if you’re in a rush, click here to pop on down to the review summary for the short version.
The ELuxurySupply bed is a 10″ all foam mattress built from 2 different layers of foam.
- Top layer (comfort + cooling + support) – the top layer is a 3″ layer of gel memory foam. This layer provides the comfort, pressure relief, support, and cooling for the mattress. The gel memory foam helps to pull heat away from the sleeping surface, keeping sleepers cooler.
- Bottom layer (deep compression support + foundational) – this is a 7″ layer of high density support foam. It provides the deep compression support for the mattress and also acts as the foundational base layer.
The cover of the mattress is a simple two-toned grey and white. The white fabric on topic is built from a blend of polyester (80%) and spandex (20%). It has a soft feel. Additionally, the cover is quite thin. This helps to improve airflow and cooling in the mattress, while also allowing sleepers to engage more directly with the foam layers.
The grey side panels are crafted from 100% polyester for durability. They are much sturdier than the white fabric, which help to protect the mattress.
Aesthetically, the ELuxurySupply mattress takes a fairly standard design approach. There’s nothing wrong with the grey side panel + white fabric look, but it’s certainly not breaking any ground. That said, I do believe the decision to go with a simpler cover was made in the interest of keeping costs lower. At the end of the day it’s not that important, as the mattress is covered by your sheets.
Firmness, Comfort, & Support
The ELuxurySupply.com mattress has medium firm feel at a 6-6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, where 10 is the most firm. This puts it in a bit of a unique in between. Most 10″ mattresses available online aim for a more medium firmness (usually 5-6 out of 10 firmness). For those sleepers who want and need a bit of a slightly harder firmness without feeling like you’re lying on the floor the ELuxury mattress can strike the right compromise.
There is very little hug or sinkage with the ELuxurySupply mattress. In a typical lying position I only saw 0.75-1″ of sinkage. The mattress is designed to float sleepers more on top of the mattress as opposed to creating a dramatic contouring hug. This has the additional benefit of improving the airflow of the mattress. Since sleepers are less enveloped by the foams the mattress is able to remain cooler.
I would describe the bounce as being about average. It’s certainly better than plush or more traditional memory foams, but not nearly at the same level as you’d get with an innerspring mattress. Responsiveness was also good. Since there isn’t as much of a pronounced hug the mattress doesn’t need to rapidly respond to changes in movement. The ELuxury mattress allows sleepers to move without creating that stuck or “quick sand” like feeling.
During my in-home sleep test I also tested the ELuxury bamboo mattress topper. This mattress topper is a recommended addition for the 10″ mattress. When using the topper the firmness level was quite a bit softer, coming in at a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. The topper creates a feeling of a traditional padded cover. There isn’t a dramatic contour or hug with the topper. Instead, it acts more like a super plush blanket or thin pillow topper would.
Every mattress reviewed on Sleepopolis goes through a short series of sinkage tests. I created these tests to help provide an objective comparison point between different mattresses. Also, these tests can help you better understand how the mattress will perform under various conditions, pressures, and positions.
- Lying on back – in a normal lying position on my back I saw 0.75-1″ of sinkage.
- Sitting on the edge (conservative) – in a more conservative sitting position, where my feet are on the floor, but my butt is a bit further back on the mattress, I saw 2″ of sinkage.
- Sitting on the edge (aggressive) – in a more aggressive sitting position, where my feet are on the floor, but my butt is sitting directly on the absolute edge of the mattress, I saw 3.5″ of sinkage.
- Standing in the middle – to show how the mattress performs under maximum pressure when I stood in the middle of the mattress with all of my weight on a single point I saw 5″ of sinkage.
As a reference point, I weigh 140 pounds. Your sinkage and hug results will vary depending on your weight and body type.
Thinking about giving the ELuxurySupply mattress a try? You can use this link to save 15% off instantly. The discount will be applied to your entire order.
|Size||Price||Price w/ Sleepopolis Discount|
- Shipping – free shipping, comes compressed in a box, arrives in 2-7 days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Discounts – 15% off with this link
- Made in the USA
About ELuxury’s Founder, Paul Saunders
I truly believe that the people behind each mattress are just as important as the product itself. Their values determine how they choose to run their company, how they develop products, and how they treat their customers.
ELuxurySupply.com was founded by Paul Saunders. He is a retired Marine officer who served 7 years as a logistics and aviation supply expert. Both his service to our country and his company’s growth are impressive. However, what impresses me most are the standards and principles that he holds himself and his company to.
- Every order (including mine) receive a hand written thank you note…that’s about 1,500 notes per day.
- They support several charities focused on education, military service members, and other non-profits that provide services to children and adults with developmental disabilities. Examples include the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, among others.
- Strongly believe in and follow the 1806 definition of “success”, which is being “generous, prosperous, and kind”…in contrast to the current definition, which is “getting or achieving wealth, respect, and fame.”
Paul Saunders is a class act and one of the most straight forward and genuine mattress makers I’ve met. Check back within the next couple of days for my interview with Saunders to hear his full story.
So, bottom line…who is the ELuxurySupply mattress best for?
I would recommend the ELuxurySupply.com mattress to those sleepers who:
- Want a medium firm feel – falling between a 6-6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale the ELuxury mattress strikes a compromise between those sleepers who don’t want much hug, but also don’t want to be sleeping on a mattress so hard it’s like the floor. If you need a softer feel you can add their bamboo topper to create a more traditional padded cover feel and reduce the firmness down to a 5.5-6 out of 10.
- Want minimal sinkage and hug – the increased level of firmness creates very little sinkage and very little hug. In a normal lying position there is only 0.75-1″ of sinkage. This helps to minimize the enveloped feeling that can sometimes accompany memory foam mattresses and improve cooling on the sleeping surface.
- Want a great price – the ELuxurySupply mattress cuts out many of the bells and whistles and other extra features that you might find elsewhere. This allows them to offer you a good mattress at a great price. It’s very hard to beat the ELuxury mattress on price for the quality level and service you get with the mattress.
- Want to buy from an established reputable company – ELuxurySupply.com has been selling affordable quality sleep products online for five years. Their customer reviews are top notch (4.87 average across 10 different products I looked at). And finally, and most importantly, their leadership are men of quality, respect, and principle. All rare and increasingly important qualities that I feel should never be under valued.
For more information on the ELuxury mattress visit ELuxurySupply.com.