Keith Poorbaugh, PT, ScD, OCS, CSCS, CMTPT, FAAOMPT
Physical Therapist, Owner, Northern Edge Physical Therapy, Wasilla, Alaska
Dr. Poorbaugh has completed specialty certifications, internships and a residency fellowship to develop mastery of manual therapy skills and clinical expertise. Throughout 20 years of clinical experience, he has discovered that clients consistently heal faster when the provider is both compassionate and skilled. His personal challenge to achieve excellence is never ending, as a lifelong learner and mentor.
A few of his career highlights are listed below:
- Graduate of Masters Physical Therapy program at Mayo Clinic in 1997
- Clinical Science Doctorate (ScD) in orthopedics from Texas Tech in 2006
- Over 15 yrs experience as lead faculty and national instructor with continuing education organizations: IAOM-US, North American Seminars
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
- Certified in Dry Needling (Myopain, American Dry Needling Institute and Spinal Manipulation Institute)
- Board (ABPTS) Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (ABPTS)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA
About Sleepopolis and JAKK Media
Sleepopolis is a JAKK Media property dedicated to helping people around the world get a better night’s sleep. We cover a wide range of sleep and recovery topics, including in-depth reviews on mattresses and other sleep products, sleep industry news and events, and research-focused content on sleep science and wellbeing (which we call Sleep Education). Our goal is to help readers make better, more informed decisions regarding their sleep and rest.
Our writers specialize in sleep topics, and the majority of our reviews focus on their in-person experiences with and testing of products. In order to promote accuracy in our content, Sleepopolis features a robust Expert Network to help verify much of the content you see on the site, including both reviews and Sleep Education. This network consists of board-certified physicians, physical therapists, other medical professionals, researchers, and innovators in the sleep space. Content that has been expert verified is indicated with a blue checkmark at the top of those pages. We also work to keep our content up-to-date and indicate the day of the most recent editorial updates at the top of our articles.