In the market for a new foam mattress, but don’t want to break the bank? It’s time to meet the brand new Brentwood Home Sierra mattress. Brentwood Home has recently released a new line of mattress, of which the Sierra falls under. Designed with an all foam construction, the Sierra mattress sits at 8″ in total height.
Watch my full unboxing of the Brentwood Home Sierra mattress below!
My Initial Thoughts
After my first night on the Sierra mattress, here are my initial thoughts:
- Medium firm feel – the Sierra mattress lands between a 6-6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the most firm). There is a slight amount of sinkage followed by a strong level of push back.
- Good support – during my first night’s sleep on the Sierra I felt very supported in every sleeping position. Primarily a stomach sleeper, I was a big fan of the support my lower back received. For side and back sleepers it has a mostly balanced feel and can be a good option, provided you’re not looking for a high degree of sinkage and hug.
- Better than average edge support – as an all foam mattress, the Sierra ranks higher than a majority of foam mattresses I have tested to date with regards to the edge support. Due to the thin build of this mattress, I was surprised to see the edges maintain their composure as well as they did.
- Quick response time – although this mattress is constructed with all foam, the response time is quite impressive. After placing a good amount of pressure in one spot on the mattress, it was able to pop right back into shape. Now, I would not compare the response time to that of latex or innerspring, but as memory foam mattresses go it was quite quick.
Be sure to check back in about a week for my full review of the Sierra mattress.
For more on Brentwood Home’s new Sierra mattress visit BrentwoodHome.com.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Which States Sleep The Most Uncomfortably In Summer? - June 4, 2018
- Sweeps Of Your Dreams - April 9, 2018