UPDATE: Our full review is now live! Read our Endy mattress review here
Meet the Endy mattress! The Endy is one of the newest online mattresses to join the family of online mattresses. Additionally, it’s also the first mattress I’ve reviewed that was manufactured and headquartered out of Canada.
Like most online mattresses, the Endy is available in a single firmness level that Endy thinks meets the needs of most sleepers. I’ve never been one for long-winded introductions, so let’s just get into the good stuff. Watch our unboxing of the Endy mattress below:
The Endy is a 10″ mattress built from 3 different layers of foam.
- Top layer (comfort) – 2″ layer of gel-infused foam. Designed to provide comfort and cooling.
- Middle layer (transition) – 3″ layer of transition foam. Acts as a transitional support layer between the base foam and comfort foam.
- Bottom layer (foundational) – 5″ layer of high-density support foam. Provides a good base and acts as a foundation for the mattress.
First Impressions of the Endy
- Very firm – the Endy has quite a firm feel. It’s one of the firmest feels I’ve experienced in any mattress I’ve reviewed to date. After the first night it was in the 7.5-8 out of 10 range on the firmness scale (where 10 is the most firm). It is important to note that this was the firmness after the first night. Some foam mattresses soften up after a few nights out of the box.
- Good edges – foam mattresses almost always struggle with edge support. The extra firmness of the Endy means extra good edges. The edge performance was one of the better showings I’ve seen in any foam mattress.
- Very little sinkage / hug – since the Endy is so firm there is very little hug or sinkage on the mattress. You really float more on top of the foams, which does have the extra benefit of being a little better in terms of cooling.
Update: My wife and I have been sleep testing the Endy for the last few nights. As such, you can expect my full review to be live by mid-week at the latest. Check my full list of mattress reviews later this week, it will be posted there.
And as always, if you have any questions I can answer don’t hesitate to ask!
For more information the Endy visit EndySleep.com.