It’s 2019, and that means our culture is evolving to understand that some girls like princesses and unicorns and some girls like cars or dinosaurs — and all of those choices are A-okay. So if you’ve come to this list expecting to find nothing but a sea of pink, you might be surprised to see that we’ve rounded up more diversity than that. (Though if the girl in question loves pink, by all means go for it! She’ll be represented here too.)
To find the best girls bedding set for your needs, ask the girl in question to weigh in regarding her design preferences. Then, think about your functional needs — for example, do you want a 5-piece set or simply a new quilt and sham? Pair these considerations with your budget, and you’ll be well on your way to finding the best option for you.
AmazonBasics Easy-Wash Kid’s Bed-in-a-Bag Bedding Set
- The full set includes a comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillow sham, and pillowcase.
- The set comes in a variety of kid-friendly patterns including mermaids, cars, dinosaurs, flowers, and unicorns.
- Given how comprehensive this set is, it’s very budget-friendly.
- The set is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, so it meets certain environmental and safety standards.
- Some users have reported that the comforter fill bunches up in the wash.
- The sheets are thin, so they might not hold up super well over the long term.
The AmazonBasics Easy-Wash Kid’s Bed-in-a-Bag Bedding Set features five pieces and a ton of kid-friendly patterns. The set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified and pretty budget-friendly.
AmazonBasics 5-Piece Bed-In-A-Bag Comforter Bedding Set
- The 5-piece set includes a comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillow sham, and pillowcase. For what you get, the set is very budget-friendly.
- The set comes in a variety of colors and patterns that are appropriate for both younger girls and adolescents.
- The fabric is made from 100% polyester microfiber, which is soft to the touch.
- The set is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, which means it meets certain safety and environmental standards .
- The sheets are thin and might not hold up well over the long term.
- Some users have reported that the sheets become less soft after repeated washings.
The AmazonBasics 5-Piece Bed-In-A-Bag Comforter Bedding Set offers more “mature” designs to grow along with your child. The soft fabric is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory.
Best Comforter Set
AmazonBasics Kid’s Comforter Set
- The set comes in tons of kid-friendly patterns including mermaids, animals, flowers, and dinosaurs.
- The set includes a comforter and sham.
- It’s made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, meaning it’s free of harmful chemicals and meets environmental guidelines.
- The set is machine-washable and dryer-friendly for easy at-home care.
- Some users have reported that the fabric starts to wear after repeated washings.
- Some colors might not exactly match their online pictures.
If you don’t need sheets but are looking for a new comforter and sham for your child’s bed, look to the AmazonBasics Kid’s Comforter Set. The machine-washable set comes in tons of kid-friendly patterns.
Best Quilt Set
Lush Decor Pixie Fox Quilt Reversible 3-Piece Bedding Set
- The set features a cute nature theme and is available in three color schemes. The reversible quilt features a heart theme on the other side. You essentially get two looks for the price of one.
- The 3-piece set includes a reversible quilt, a reversible sham, and a decorative stuffed fox pillow.
- Both the quilt and sham are machine-washable and dryer-friendly.
- The quilt is soft to the touch.
One downside? Some users have reported the material doesn’t hold up super well to repeated washings (especially the sham).
Spruce up your child’s bed with the cute Lush Decor Pixie Fox Quilt Reversible 3-Piece Bedding Set. The reversible quilt is soft to the touch and machine-washable.
Best Princess Theme
Dream Factory Magical Princess Comforter Set
- The set features castles, crowns, flowers, hearts, princesses, wands, and plenty of pink. The reversible comforter also has a solid pink side.
- The comprehensive set includes a comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillow sham, and pillowcase.
- The microfiber fabric is soft to the touch.
- The set is machine-washable for easy at-home care.
- Some users have reported that the comforter might lose some of its color in the wash.
- The fitted sheet is pretty loose and might shift around a bit with a sleeper’s movements.
For the aspiring princess in your midst, look to the Dream Factory Magical Princess Comforter Set. The comprehensive set includes a reversible comforter and is soft to the touch.
How We Picked
There’s a ton of variation when it comes to girls bedding sets, so we used the following criteria to narrow down our search.
No two girls are alike, so we included sets that offer a lot of diversity when it comes to design. No matter whether the girl in question is into animals, princesses, cars, dinosaurs, or anything in between, you should find an option on this list.
Depending on the type and number of pieces in a given set, girls bedding sets can vary pretty widely when it comes to price. Expect to pay anywhere from around $25 to over $60. We included sets in a variety of price ranges so you can choose according to your budget.
Ease of Care
Because children are prone to making messes, we prioritized options that are machine-washable and easy to care for at home.
Kids’ skin tends to be more sensitive than adults’, and growing children shouldn’t be exposed to harmful chemicals. For this reason, we prioritized sets that are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified whenever possible. This certification ensures a set is made without certain harmful chemicals. It also signifies that the set’s manufacturing practices meet certain environmental standards.
There’s a lot of diversity when it comes to what falls under the “bedding set” umbrella. To some people, that term refers to a comprehensive 5-piece set. Others will simply be looking for a matching comforter and pillowcase or a coordinated quilt and sham. We included a variety of set types so you can choose what suits your needs.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
There are a ton of girls bedding sets out there, so ask yourself the following to help narrow down your search:
- What pieces do you need? Are you looking for a comprehensive set that includes a comforter, sheets, and pillowcases, or are you just looking to upgrade the top layer of a bed with a coordinated comforter or quilt and a sham?
- What’s the preferred aesthetic? Does the girl in your life want a princess themed bed, or is she more into cars, dinosaurs, unicorns, flowers, or something else? For kids, looks are often the most important aspect of bedding. Make sure you get input from the girl in question so she’s happy with the look!
The best girls bedding set for your needs will vary depending on the tastes of the girl who will be using it and the number of pieces you need to outfit her bed. Think about her preferred aesthetics, your functional needs, and your budget in order to settle on a bedding set that will make bedtime more enjoyable!
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020