How Sleepopolis Works
Sleepopolis is supported by readers. Product links on Sleepopolis are referral links. If you use one of these and buy something Sleepopolis makes a little bit of money. Need more info? See how it all works here.
The mission of Sleepopolis is simple; I want to help you discover, research, and select the mattress that meets your needs, desires, and budget. To make sure I can help you find the best mattress, I test a new mattress every 1-2 weeks on average. I am constantly updating my reviews, doing new tests, and exploring new products to ensure my recommendations are always as accurate and helpful as possible.
I pour my heart and soul into every review I write and every video I shoot. I want to bring you the very best reviews for the very best products.
Running Sleepopolis is not cheap though. From multiple web servers and mattress storage space to photography, video, audio, and lighting equipment, there are many expenses to running this blog. Even legal firms and lawyers are now part of my expenses. Several big mattress companies have sent threatening letters to try and bully and intimidate Sleepopolis into silence. Some have gone as far as to file federal law suits over my reviews.
To help pay for these expenses, Sleepopolis uses referral links. These referral links don’t cost you a cent, they simply tell the respective website that you came from Sleepopolis. If you buy a mattress or other product through one of these links, Sleepopolis makes a little bit of money. The reader referral links help me pay Sleepopolis’ expenses and help continue to support great reviews, videos, and product research.
Sleepopolis uses these referral links for many mattress and sleep companies. From the very best mattresses I love, to the mediocre and average ones, and those that fall in the middle. This way, I can further remove bias and always recommend the mattress that’s truly best for you.
There is no advertising allowed on Sleepopolis. No one can buy ads, sponsored posts, or pay for preferential treatment, better reviews, or priority positions (…believe me, they have tried though). I made this decision from the very beginning, as I felt like this would help me maintain my own personal integrity and remove bias from Sleepopolis. Being able to deliver an honest, clear, and straightforward review is my most important guiding principle.
Many mattress and sleep companies send me their mattress for free with the hope that I will like it and review it. However, there are no guarantees for these companies. I only write about the products I think offer great performance and great value (some exceptions if enough readers ask for it). If it doesn’t pass my sleep test, I don’t write about it. To date I have tested, but declined to review ~20 mattresses, as they did not meet my performance standards.
Ultimately, Sleepopolis is supported by my readers from simply telling your friends and family, sharing on Facebook, sending in your mattress experiences and feedback, and using my referral links. Sleepopolis survives because of readers and fans like yourself. For that, I would like to sincerely say thank you. I truly do love being able to run Sleepopolis and help my readers get a better night’s sleep. Thank you for trusting me, and thank you for allowing me to serve you here on Sleepopolis.
If you have a comment or question about how Sleepopolis works, please drop me an email using my contact form. I’m more than happy to help answer your questions.
How to Support Sleepopolis
- Use our links – The best way you can help support development and reviews on Sleepopolis is simply by using one of our reader referral links when you get ready to purchase. See the full list below.
- Word of mouth – Tell your friends and family about Sleepopolis, word of mouth is the best way we can grow
- Social sharing – Share Sleepopolis on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media
- Add a link – Have a blog or website? Consider adding a link to Sleepopolis
Ready to order your mattress? Using the following links helps support Sleepopolis and helps me pay for all of the expenses associated with the site. Many of these links will also get you a nice discount.
- Leesa – $75 instant discount
- Loom & Leaf
- Helix – $50 instant discount
- Brooklyn Bedding – 5% instant discount
- Ghostbed – $50 instant discount
- Nest Bedding Alexander – add code ALEXANDER100 for $100 off
- Nest Bedding Love Bed – add code SLEEPOPOLIS50 for $50 off
- Nest Bedding Alexander Hybrid – add code SPECIAL200 for $200 off
- Novosbed – $100 instant discount
- Lull – $50 instant discount
- Amerisleep – $50 instant discount
- Voila – add code SLEEPOPOLIS10 to save 10% off
- eLuxurySupply – add code SLEEPOPOLIS to save 15% off
- Tuft & Needle
- Luxi – add code SLEEPOPOLIS for $125 off
- Hyphen – add code SLEEP50 for $50 off
- Eve – add code SLEEPOPOLIS75 for $75 off
- Plushbeds – add code SLEEPOP5 for $50 off
- Brentwood Home
- Endy – add code SLEEPOPOLIS for $50 off
- Zotto – add code SLEEPOPOLIS for $50 off
- Bear – add code SLEEPOPOLIS50 $50 off
- Live & Sleep
- Nature’s Sleep
- Amazon – any item on Amazon