The mission of Sleepopolis is simple: I want to help you discover, research, and select the mattress that meets your needs, desires, and budget. To make sure I can help you find the best mattress, I test a new mattress every 1-2 weeks on average. I am constantly updating my reviews, doing new tests, and exploring new products to ensure my recommendations are always as accurate and helpful as possible.
I pour my heart and soul into every review I write and every video I shoot. I want to bring you the very best reviews for the very best products.
Running Sleepopolis is not cheap. From web servers and mattress storage space to photography, video, audio, lighting, and other production equipment and software, there are many expenses to running this blog. I have legal expenses too, because big mattress companies have sent threatening letters trying to bully me. One company, Casper Sleep, has even gone so far as to file a federal lawsuit over my reviews, after I said I prefer other companies’ mattresses to Casper’s.
Sleepopolis is my business, and to pay these expenses and to let me earn a living, Sleepopolis uses referral links. These referral links don’t cost you a cent, but if you make a purchase from one of the companies that Sleepopolis uses referral links for, these links tell those companies that you came from Sleepopolis and lets me earn a commission from the sale.
Sleepopolis uses referral links for virtually all mattresses and products you find on Sleepopolis.
There is no pay-to-play allowed on Sleepopolis.com. No one can pay for preferential treatment, better reviews, or priority positions (believe me, they have tried!). I made this decision from the very beginning, as I felt like this would help me maintain my own personal integrity and remove bias from Sleepopolis. Being able to deliver an honest, clear, and straightforward review is my most important guiding principle.
Many mattress and sleep companies send me their mattress for free with the hope that I will like it and review it. However, there are no guarantees for these companies that I will write about the mattress at all, and certainly no guarantees that I will review it favorably.
Ultimately, Sleepopolis is supported by my readers from simply telling your friends and family, sharing on Facebook or other social media sites, sending in your mattress experiences and feedback, and using my referral links to buy your mattress or other products. Sleepopolis survives because of readers and fans like yourself. For that, I would like to sincerely say thank you. I truly do love being able to run Sleepopolis and help my readers get a better night’s sleep. Thank you for trusting me, and thank you for allowing me to serve you here on Sleepopolis.
If you have a comment or question about how Sleepopolis works, please drop me an email using my contact form. I’m more than happy to help answer your questions.
- Use our links – The best way you can help support development and reviews on Sleepopolis is simply by using one of our reader referral links when you get ready to purchase. See the list below.
- Word of mouth – Tell your friends and family about Sleepopolis. Word of mouth is the best way we can grow.
- Social sharing – Share Sleepopolis on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites.
- Add a link – Do you have a blog or website? Consider adding a link to Sleepopolis.
Ready to order your mattress? The links below, like those to the same companies appearing elsewhere on the site, are referral links. Using these links helps support Sleepopolis because I earn commissions from your purchases without costing you a cent. Many of these links will also get you a nice discount.
- Amerisleep – $50 instant discount (stacks with other discounts)
- Arctic Dreams
- Bear – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS50 for $50 off
- Brentwood Home
- Brooklyn Bedding – 5% instant discount
- Cocoon – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS100 for $100 off
- Eight – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS100 for $100 off
- eLuxurySupply – 15% instant discount
- Endy – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS for $50 off
- Eve – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS75 for $75 off
- Ghostbed – $50 instant discount
- Helix – $50 instant discount
- Hyphen – Add code SLEEP50 for $50 off
- IKEA Morgedal
- IKEA Hasvag
- Leesa – $100 instant discount
- Live & Sleep – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS100 for $100 off
- Loom & Leaf
- Lull – $50 instant discount
- Luxi – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS for $125 off
- Nature’s Sleep
- Nectar – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS125 for $125 off
- Nest Bedding Active X
- Nest Bedding Alexander Hybrid – Add code SLEEPOP200 for $200 off
- Nest Bedding Alexander – Add code ALEXANDER100 for $100 off
- Nest Bedding Latex Hybrid – Add code LATEX100 for $100 off
- Nest Bedding Love & Sleep
- Novosbed – $100 instant discount
- Plushbeds – Add code SLEEPOP5 for $50 off
- Sapira – $150 instant discount
- Sleep on Latex
- Tuft & Needle
- Voila – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS10 for 10% off
- Winkbeds – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS50 for $50 off
- Wright – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS200 for $200 off
- Zinus – 10% instant discount
- Zotto – Add code SLEEPOPOLIS for $50 off
Referral Links and Products I Received for Free
Most mattresses and other products reviewed on Sleepopolis were sent to me for free by the manufacturer. As mentioned above, many companies will send me their mattress or other products with the hope that I will like them and write a review about them. However, there are no guarantees for these companies that I will write about their products at all and certainly no guarantees that I will review them favorably. I only ever commit to completing a test of their product.
The following table lists all companies who have referral links on Sleepopolis, as well as the reviewed products that those companies sent to Sleepopolis for free. See the key below for more information.
|Coop Home Goods*||1|
|I Love My Pillow||3|
|Live & Sleep||1|
|Loom & Leaf||2|
|Tuft & Needle*||2|
- Company column – This indicates whether the respective company’s products on Sleepopolis are using referral links. A referral link is any link that tells the linked website that you came there from Sleepopolis. If you make a purchase from that site after using my referral link, that company will pay me a commission that’s usually a percentage of your purchase amount. This commission won’t cost you anything. If you see a company name without an asterisk in the chart above, that means I have a direct referral relationship with that company and will receive commissions from the company itself. If you see an asterisk alongside the company name in the list above, that means I do not have a direct referral relationship with that company. In these cases the referral link is to a third-party site like Amazon.com, Us-mattress.com, or other general e-commerce shopping sites, and that I would receive commissions from that third party retailer, rather than from the mattress or sleep company itself. None of these commissions cost you a cent. If you see back-to-back asterisks (**) alongside the company name in the list above, that means I am not using a referral link for that company.
- Free products – I break down by category the free products that I have received into the respective groups above (mattresses, foundations, sheets, pillows, protectors, and toppers). The miscellaneous column indicates products that do not fall under the primary categories. In most cases, they are sleep related accessories (e.g. sleep trackers, active cooling systems, sleep gadgets, baby sleep products, sleep tech, etc.)
- Multiple free products – Some free product categories will indicate I’ve received multiple mattresses or other accessory products. This generally indicates that I have received different variations of that product – for example, a specific mattress brand that offers multiple firmness levels, varying models, different variations by country, and/or an updated version of that mattress in cases where the design may have been changed.
Sleepopolis is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. These links operate the same as all referral links on Sleepopolis. If you use one and buy something, then Amazon will pay Sleepopolis a percentage of the sale amount.