Saatva and Tempur-Pedic are two well-known mattress brands on the market today. Both brands offer many different models, so it can be hard to choose which is best for you. To help narrow down your search, I’m going to compare the Saatva Classic mattress to the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud mattress. These beds embody what each brand does best, so they are great starting points in your mattress-buying journey.
Below, I’ll break down the feel and construction of each bed, let you know which sleepers each could work best for, and give you some info on other Saatva and Tempur-Pedic models. Short on time? Skip down to my review summary.
Saatva vs Tempur-Pedic: Similarities and Differences
The Saatva Classic and the TEMPUR-Cloud are very different beds. Their materials and feel are almost total opposites! However, they do share a few similarities. Take a look below to learn the main ways these beds are similar and different.
- Both of these mattresses should work well for back sleepers. Though depending on the firmness level you like, you’ll probably prefer one or the other.
- Both these mattress brands are well-known for making high-quality mattresses.
- The Saatva Classic is a bit cheaper than the TEMPUR-Cloud.
- The TEMPUR-Cloud is an all-foam mattress, while the Saatva is a hybrid mattress featuring an innerspring construction. This means the Saatva will feel bouncier than the TEMPUR-Cloud.
- The Saatva Classic feels significantly firmer than the TEMPUR-Cloud.
Which is Better for You?
So what do those similarities mean for you? Take a look below to find out!
- If you’re a back sleeper both beds should work for you! If you prefer firm support, go with the Saatva. If you like soft pressure relief, opt for the TEMPUR-Cloud.
- If you’re a heavier sleeper (over 250 lbs) the Saatva is the best option for you. It’s innerspring construction should keep you supported throughout the night.
- If you’re a side sleeper the TEMPUR-Cloud is the way to go. This memory foam mattress will cushion your pressure points, which should help you feel comfortable.
- If you’re a stomach sleeper the Saatva is the better choice. It offers the firm support you need to keep your hips from sinking into the mattress.
- If you sleep with a partner I’d opt for the TEMPUR-Cloud. Its foam layers isolate motion well, which means you shouldn’t feel disturbed by a restless bedmate.
- If you’re a combination sleeper the bouncy Saatva mattress should suit you best. It shouldn’t be hard to change positions at night on this bed.
What Do These Mattresses Feel Like?
Now that you know the quick hits on each mattress, I’ll go in-depth into how these mattresses feel. I’ll note here that the Saatva Classic is offered in three different firmness levels. For the purposes of this review, I’ll be discussing the Luxury Firm Saatva Classic.
Keep in mind that feel is subjective, and a bed’s feel can vary depending on your body weight, type, and preferred sleeping position. For reference, I’m 5’9”, about 125 lbs, and prefer to sleep on my side.
The Saatva features a traditional innerspring mattress feel. It’s a great option for folks who aren’t fans of the newer bed-in-a-box mattress feel, which is why I think Saatva is one of the best mattresses for seniors on the online market.
The Saatva feels firm and bouncy. I gave it an 7 out of 10 on the mattress firmness scale with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest. For reference, the industry standard for a medium-firm mattress is 6.5 out of 10. This firm support level is a great fit for stomach sleepers who need firm support to keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. This will help these sleepers prevent back pain. Back sleepers who enjoy firm support should also enjoy this bed.
You’ll feel more “on top of” than “in” this luxury mattress thanks to its bouncy coil support layers. This is a great fit for combination sleepers who need a responsive mattress to change positions on at night. On the other hand, the Saatva does have a high degree of motion transfer, so couples may prefer the TEMPUR-Cloud.
Finally, this high-quality mattress features great edge support. This means the sides of the Saatva won’t feel like they’re collapsing when you lay on them. This is a great feature for heavier folks looking for durability in their new mattress.
The TEMPUR-Cloud feels much softer than the Saatva. I gave it a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which means this is a medium-soft mattress. I especially like this bed for side sleepers. It offers great body-contouring and pressure relief, two features that these sleepers should appreciate.
You’ll feel more “in” than “on top of” this mattress. If you enjoy the feel of a mattress conforming to your body shape you should really like this bed. The TEMPUR-Cloud’s hug-like feel could also be a perk for couples, because it will prevent motion from traveling from one side of the mattress to the other. This means you’re unlikely to feel disturbed by a restless partner on this bed.
Though this mattress is soft, it should offer back sleepers the lumbar support they need to achieve a neutral spinal alignment. This means your spine should stay in a straight line throughout the night on this foam bed, which can help prevent back pain.
Price is an important factor when deciding between two mattress companies. The TEMPUR-Cloud is a bit more expensive than the Saatva. Take a look at the chart below to compare prices and sizes, and be sure to check out our Saatva mattress coupon page or Tempur-Pedic mattress coupon page for deals.
Prices listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
What Are These Mattresses Made Of?
Next, let’s take a look inside each mattress to see what makes them feel so different. The Saatva and TEMPUR-Cloud feature very different constructions, which you’ll see below.
Cover — The Saatva features a breathable organic cotton cover. The cover is also antimicrobial, which is a nice touch.
Comfort Layer — The Saatva’s top layer is a Euro pillow top. This layer offers a little cushion and pressure relief, without making you feel “stuck in” the bed. Depending on the firmness option you choose, this layer could be a bit plusher. The Plush Soft Saatva Classic should offer a little more cushion than this model.
Support Layer — Next up is a support layer of individually wrapped pocketed coils. These coils offer responsiveness and support to the rest of the bed.
Zoned Support Layer — A layer of memory foam in the center of the Saatva offers additional pressure relief at the lower back. This zoned support layer is a nice feature for back sleepers.
Foundation Layer — The Saatva’s base layer is a second coil layer that provides even more lift and great support.
Edge Support — The entire Saatva is encased in high-density foam. This means the Saatva will have a very strong edge. You should be able to roll all the way to the side of this mattress and still feel supported.
Cover — The TEMPUR-Cloud cover is made from special 360° stretch fabric. This material moves with the sleeper and wicks moisture, which helps prevent this mattress from trapping too much body heat.
Comfort Layer — Next is a layer of TEMPUR® foam, which feels and acts like memory foam. This memory-foam layer has a super slow response to pressure for deep body-contouring at the shoulders, hips, and lower back.
Transition Layer — Another layer of firmer TEMPUR® foam helps ease the sleeper into the sturdy base below.
Base Layer — The foundation layer is made of thick high-density support foam. This layer offers stability and support to the mattress.
Still not sure which mattress is best for you? Take a look at some of my favorite features of each bed below to decide.
Saatva Best Features
- This bouncy mattress is a great fit for combination sleepers and folks who like a traditional feel.
- The Saatva’s firm support makes it a great fit for stomach and back sleepers.
- The Saatva offers durable support that makes it a great choice for heavier people.
TEMPUR-Cloud Best Features
- This mattress features deep sinkage and body contouring that memory-foam lovers should really enjoy.
- Side sleepers should really like the great pressure-relief this mattress offers.
- The TEMPUR-Cloud isolates motion very well, which is a big perk for anyone who sleeps with a partner or pet.
Interested in buying one of these beds? Check out some of each retailer’s company policies below.
- Trial Period — 180 Nights
- Shipping — Free White Glove Delivery
- Mattress Warranty — 15-Year Warranty
- Trial Period — 90 Nights
- Shipping — Free
- Mattress Warranty — 10-Year Warranty
Sleepopolis Customer Service Rating
We personally get in touch with each brand’s customer service team and rate our experience with them. Companies can receive one of four ratings: Stellar, Great, Satisfactory, or Poor.
Saatva Sleepopolis Customer Service Rating
I gave Saatva a Satisfactory rating. When I used their site’s chat function it took close to 15 minutes to connect with a rep and get an answer. The rep was very helpful, but there was a wait. I also considered several customer reviews that mentioned delayed delivery times and slow customer service responses.
Tempur-Pedic Sleepopolis Customer Service Rating
I gave Tempur-Pedic a Stellar rating because a helpful rep answered my questions right away on the site’s chat function. The website’s chat feature also clearly listed different phone numbers for different departments, which I appreciated. They even had a dedicated line of sleep experts to help you choose a mattress model.
More From Saatva and Tempur-Pedic
Below, you can find some info on a few of the other mattress models each brand offers.
Loom & Leaf
- The Loom & Leaf is a memory foam mattress from Saatva.
- Like the TEMPUR-Cloud, it offers sinkage and pressure relief that side sleepers should enjoy.
- The Loom & Leaf is more expensive than the Saatva Classic, but a little cheaper than the TEMPUR-Cloud.
- Learn more in the full Loom & Leaf mattress review.
Saatva Latex Hybrid
- The Saatva Latex Hybrid uses bouncy latex in its comfort layers.
- This mattress sleeps cool thanks to a combination naturally cooling latex and pocketed coils that promote airflow.
- This firm feeling mattress is a great pick for back and stomach combo sleepers.
- Check out the full Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress review to learn more.
- The Saatva HD is designed specifically with the needs of sleepers in the 300-500 lb range in mind.
- It offers firm support that should hold up well over the long term.
- The Saatva HD is more expensive than most of the brand’s other models.
- For more info, read the full Saatva HD mattress review.
- This is Tempur-Pedic’s classic memory foam mattress. It epitomizes the classic feel of this body-contouring material.
- Side sleepers should enjoy this bed’s soft feel.
- The TEMPUR-Adapt is also offered in a hybrid model that could work well for back and combination sleepers.
- Learn more in the Tempur-Pedic mattress reviews hub.
- The LuxeAdapt is offered in a soft or firm model, so folks who like a memory foam feel but prefer a firm mattress could like this bed.
- Side sleepers should enjoy the soft LuxAdapt model.
- This is the brand’s luxury model, so it’s more expensive than Tempur-Pedic’s other mattress offerings.
- Learn more about this bed in the full Tempur-Pedic LuxeAdapt mattress review.
Other Common Comparisons
Finally, I’ll wrap things up by listing a few comparisons to other popular brands in the mattress industry.
- Saatva vs Purple
- Saatva vs DreamCloud
- Saatva vs Aireloom
- Saatva vs Allswell
- Saatva vs Loom and Leaf
- Saatva vs. WinkBeds
- Saatva vs Casper
- Saatva vs Simmons Beautyrest Black
- Saatva vs Avocado
- Tempur-Pedic vs Purple
- Tempur-Pedic vs Tuft & Needle
- Tempur-Pedic vs Amerisleep
- Tempur-Pedic vs Leesa
- Tempur-Pedic vs Casper
- Tempur-Pedic vs Loom & Leaf
- Tempur-Pedic vs Aireloom