U.S. Independence Day is right around the corner, which means it’s high time to assemble all the fantastic mattress deals you can take advantage of this holiday. From now through the 4th of July, use these codes to get great discounts on mattresses, pillows, blankets, adjustable bases, and more!
And don’t forget to keep an eye on this list as I’ll be continuously updating it with any new bedding bargains I find.
Best 4th of July Mattress Sales 2021
- Helix – Up to $200 Off + Free Pillows
- Saatva – $200 off Your Purchase of $975 or more
- WinkBeds – $300 Off + $399 in Free Accessories
- Casper – 30% Off Mattresses Bundles + 15% Off Mattresses, Pillows, and Sheets
- GhostBed – 30% Off Sitewide + Free Pillows
- Leesa – Up to $500 Off Mattresses
- DreamCloud – $200 Off + $399 In Accessories Included!
- Bear – 25% Off Sitewide + $250 Gift Set
- Nectar – $399 of Free Accessories with Mattress Purchase
- Layla – Up to $200 off + Free Pillows
- Birch – $200 Off + Free Pillows
- Tuft & Needle – 20% Off Sitewide
- Brooklyn Bedding — 25% Off Sitewide
Helix offers TONS of variety — they have six different hybrid mattresses that range in firmness and are available in both a Standard version and a Luxe version. The Luxe version has a few souped-up features, like zoned support and a pillow top. But if you’re on a budget, the Standard versions are much more affordable.
- Editor’s Pick – Helix Midnight review
- Best Soft Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Moonlight review
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers with Hip Pain – Helix Sunset review
- Best Mattress for Side Combo Sleepers – Helix Dusk review
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers with Back Pain – Helix Dawn review
- Best Luxury Mattresses for Side Sleepers – Helix Luxe reviews
This 4th of July, you can save $200 on your Helix mattress purchase, and get two free pillows!
Saatva consistently tops our best of roundups because they make a range of high quality mattresses. Everyone should be able to find something for them with so many beds to choose from. The Saatva Classic is their most popular model — it’s an innerspring bed that comes in three firmness options. Saatva also offers latex beds, which are great for eco-minded shoppers looking for some bounce, and they even have a mattress specifically designed for heavy people: the Saatva HD.
- Best Affordable Luxury Mattress for Combo Sleepers – Saatva Classic review
- Best Luxury Latex Mattress – Saatva Latex Hybrid review
- Best Luxury Adjustable Bed – Saatva Solaire review
- Best Organic Luxury Mattress – Loom & Leaf review
- Best Affordable Luxury Mattress for Heavy People – Saatva HD review
- Best Affordable Luxury Mattress for Kids – Saatva Youth review
This 4th of July save $200 off your Purchase of $975 or more at Saatva!
WinkBeds are sturdy, high-quality hybrid mattresses that come in a range of styles. There’s the original WinkBed, a hybrid bed that comes in three firmness options and a plus version for heavy people, the WinkBed Gravity Lux, a memory foam bed that offers lots of sinkage and contouring, and the EcoCloud, which is made with natural materials like latex and wool.
- Best for Combo Sleepers with Back Pain – WinkBeds review
- Best for Heavy Combo Sleepers – WinkBeds Plus review
- Best Organic Mattress for Combo Sleepers – WinkBeds EcoCloud review
- Best Memory Foam Mattress for Combo Sleepers – WinkBeds Gravity Lux review
This 4th of July save $300 and get $399 in free accessories at WinkBeds!
Casper is a super popular bed-in-a-box mattress brand that offers six mattresses. They have the fan-favorite Casper original, which comes in both an all-foam and hybrid version, the Casper wave hybrid, a softer hybrid model, the casper wave hybrid snow, which is the same as the wave hybrid but with tons of cooling technology, the nova hybrid, another soft hybrid bed, the nova hybrid snow, which is the nova hybrid but much cooler, and finally the Casper Element, which is the brand’s all-foam budget offering.
- Best for Back Sleepers – Casper Hybrid Mattress review
- Best for Heavy People – Casper Wave Hybrid review
- Best Value – Casper Element
- Best for Couples – Casper Nova review
This 4th of July Casper is offering 30% off mattress bundles and 15% off mattresses, pillows, and sheets!
If you’re a hot sleeper, listen up! GhostBed mattresses all sleep super cool and are great choices for all sorts of hot sleepers. GhostBed offers the GhostBed Original, a latex and foam bed, the GhostBed Flex, their luxury hybrid model, the GhostBed Luxe, their luxury cooling bed, and the GhostBed 3D matrix, which is made with patented polymer gel that conforms to your body shape and sleeps nice and cool.
- Best Cooling Mattress for Back Pain – GhostBed Original review
- Best Cooling Mattress for Couples – GhostBed Flex review
- Best Cooling Memory Foam – GhostBed Luxe review
- Best Soft Cooling Mattress – GhostBed 3D Matrix review
This 4th of July GhostBed is offering 30% off sitewide and free pillows!
Leesa is another popular bed-in-a-box brand that makes all-foam and hybrid mattresses. I’m a big fan of the original Leesa, since it has a nice, medium-firm feel, sleeps really cool, and comes at an affordable price. However, if you sleep with a partner and want some added support, the Leesa Hybrid is a great choice!
- Editor’s Pick – Leesa review
- Best Foam Mattress for Couples – Leesa Hybrid review
- Best Luxury Hybrid Mattress – Leesa Legend review
- Best Affordable Foam Mattress – Leesa Studio review
Save up to $500 on Leesa mattresses this 4th of July!
If you’re looking for a high-quality hybrid mattress, then you’re definitely going to want to check out DreamCloud. I actually recently tested DreamCloud mattresses, and I got to say, they definitely feel like luxury beds. DreamCloud offers three beds: the original DreamCloud, the DreamCloud Premier, and the DreamCloud Premier Rest. The Premier and Premier Rest are both luxury versions of the original DreamCloud (which is already pretty luxurious in my opinion) but they have additional comfort layers and feel a little softer overall.
This 4th of July save $300 and get $399 in free accessories at DreamCloud!
If you live an active lifestyle, you might want to consider Bear mattresses. All Bear mattresses are made with a Celliant cover, which some studies show can help aid in athletic recovery. Bear offers three mattresses: the Bear Original, which is an all-foam bed, the Bear Hybrid, which is made with a combination of foams and coils, and the Bear Pro, a luxury all-foam bed.
- Best Pressure-Relieving Mattress for Athletes – Bear Original review
- Best Cooling Mattress for Pressure Relief – Bear Pro review
- Best Pressure-Relieving Mattress for Couples – Bear Hybrid review
If you’re a memory foam lover, you’ll want to hear more about Nectar. Nectar is known for their memory foam mattresses, which offer lots of sinkage and body contouring. Nectar has their original all foam Nectar, the Nectar Premier, which is a bit softer than the original, and the Nectar Premier Copper, which is similar to the Premier, but it’s infused with copper to help dissipate body heat.
- Best for Back Sleepers – Nectar review
- Best for Side Sleepers – Nectar Premier review
- Best Cooling Memory Foam – Nectar Premier Copper review
This 4th of July Nectar is offering $399 worth of free accessories with your mattress purchase!
Layla is known for its flippable memory foam mattresses. The brand has two models: the Layla Original and the Layla Hybrid. Each bed has a softer side and a firmer side. If you’re unsure of what firmness level you prefer, you can try both out on a Layla.
- Best Flippable Mattress for Side Sleepers – Layla Original review
- Best Flippable Mattress for Couples – Layla Hybrid mattress review
This 4th of July Layla is offering $200 off + free pillows!
If you’re an eco-minded shopper, the Birch might be right up your alley. Made with natural and sustainably sourced materials like cotton, wool, and Talalay latex. It has a firmer feel and is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
This 4th of July Birch is offering $200 off and free pillows!
Tuft & Needle
Tuft & Needle offers great mattresses at a great price. Their most well known model is the original Tuft & Needle, which is an all-foam bed that sleeps surprisingly cool thanks to a graphite infusion in its comfort layer. If you want even more cooling, you can opt for the Tuft & Needle Mint!
- Editor’s Pick – Tuft & Needle review
- Best Cooling – Tuft & Needle Mint review
- Best for Combination Sleepers – Tuft & Needle Hybrid review
Save 20% sitewide at Tuft & Needle this 4th of July!
Brooklyn Bedding offers hybrid mattresses that range in firmness levels and a cooling memory foam mattress. We’ve tested their hybrid models and found them to be sturdy and high-quality. They also all sleep super cool, thanks to plenty of cooling tech and airflow-promoting innerspring coils.
My personal favorite is the Brooklyn Signature, a hybrid model that comes in three firmness options, so most sleepers should be able to find one that suits them. I think this bed is a great choice for couples since it has sturdy edges that allow for maximum sleeping space and it absorbs motion well. Take a look at the Signature and Brooklyn Bedding’s other offerings below!
- Editor’s Pick – Brooklyn Signature review
- Best for Side Sleepers – Brooklyn Aurora review
- Best for Pain Relief – Brooklyn Sedona review
- Best for Athletes – Brooklyn Spartan review
- Best Organic – Brooklyn Bloom review
- Best for Heavy People – Brooklyn Titan review
This 4th of July holiday season Brooklyn Bedding is offering 25% off sitewide!
More Great 4th of July Mattress Sales
- A medium mix of support and pressure relief
- Great pick for combination sleepers
- Great for couples
- Three mattresses in the Nolah line are designed for different sleeper types
- Great options for side sleepers
- A full line of mattresses made for every type of sleeper
- A great balance of support and comfort made possible by coils and foam
- Tempur-pedic mattresses are high-quality memory foam mattress that provides great pressure relief
How to Get the 4th of July Deals
If you’re on this page, you’ll probably want to know how to capitalize on the best 4th of July deals out there. Aside from checking our sales page for new and updated sales info, there are a few tricks you can use to ensure you’re saving as much as possible at checkout! Take a look below to see the steps I take whenever I’m shopping during a big mattress sales weekend.
Step 1: Select Mattresses
It can be easy to get distracted by some of the great deals out there, but the most important thing is to first choose a mattress that will suit your individual sleep needs. Nearly every brand does a 4th of July discount, so you’ll be better off finding a mattress you’ll be comfortable on.
I’d recommend doing some research on different mattress types and reading a few mattress reviews to decide which mattress brands you’re interested in. I’ve linked a few different buying guides below to help you find some options you might like.
Shop by Sleeping Position:
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Combination Sleepers
Shop by Mattress Type:
- Best Memory Foam Mattress
- Best Hybrid Mattress
- Best Latex Mattress
- Best Innerspring Mattress
- Best Pillow Top Mattress
Shop by Price:
Shop by Special Features:
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Best Mattress for Couples
- Best Cooling Mattress
- Best Bed-in-a-Box Mattress
- Best Eco-Friendly Mattress
- Best Firm Mattress
- Best Queen Size Mattress
Step 2: Compare Company Policies
Once you’ve chosen a mattress (or two) that you’d be comfortable on, you’ll want to take time to read the fine print. Read up on your potential bed’s shipping, sleep trial, and mattress warranty policies. Generally, I’d recommend opting for a mattress that comes with at least a 10-year warranty and 100-night sleep trial.
The best mattress deal in the world can’t replace a high-quality bed, especially if you’re looking to make a long term investment. A lengthy warranty is a great sign your new mattress will last you for many years to come. And a great sleep trial policy gives you plenty of time to test your new bed out risk-free before you decide to keep it!
Step 3: Research Deals Early
Once you’ve done all your mattress research, it’s time to jump into researching deals. Many mattress retailers launch their sales early, so if you’re in a hurry to get your new bed you could make a purchase in early May. Generally, the best deals are live at least a week before the 4th of July, so you can make a purchase without interrupting any of your holiday plans.
The Sleepopolis team will be keeping this page updated with all the latest discounts, so be sure to check back here before making a purchase to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
Is it Better to Buy a Mattress Online?
As you may have noticed, the Sleepopolis team recommends buying a mattress online. There are a few reasons I’m a big fan of choosing an online mattress, which I’ll outline below.
- It’s cheaper! Online mattress brands are often able to offer better deals because they cut out the overhead costs associated with brick-and-mortar mattress stores. This means you’re getting the best deal possible on a new bed, even when you don’t shop during holiday sale events.
- It’s easier. Shopping online makes it easier to comparison shop and hone in on exactly what you’re looking for. Instead of being limited to the few options you can find in-store, you can search based on specific features and still find a wealth of options. Whether you’re on the hunt for a medium-firm organic latex mattress (like the Avocado Green) or a pressure-relieving bed designed for hot sleepers (like the Purple mattress), you’ll have several options that meet your needs to choose from. Plus, traditional brick-and-mortar mattress brands like Sealy, Serta, and Tempur-Pedic all offer online buying options these days.
- It’s less stressful. Aside from cutting out the stress of dealing with pushy salespeople and confusing showroom prices, shopping online can feel safer, especially this year. Though COVID-19 restrictions are easing, it can still feel overwhelming to test out a bed many other people have already laid on. Shopping online allows you to choose (and test) a mattress from the safety and comfort of your own home.