Saatva is known for making high-quality luxury mattresses for adults. But, they’ve expanded into children’s’ beds with the Saatva Youth. The Saatva Youth is a flippable hybrid mattress. One side of the mattress is designed for kids ages 3-7 years old, while the other side is designed for kids ages 8-12. So, when you buy a Saatva Youth you’re getting a mattress that will grow with your child!
This is a great way to save on a mattress in the long term, since the Saatva Youth is essentially two beds in one. But is this mattress actually comfortable? I’ve done some research on the Saatva to help you decide for yourself.
Read on below to learn more, or skip to my Saatva Youth Mattress review summary to save time.
Is the Saatva Youth a Good Mattress for Your Child?
I do want to note here, that while I’ve tested the other Saatva mattresses myself, I have not tested the Saatva Youth. This review is based on customer feedback and my personal expertise on the Saatva line. So make sure you also do your own research!
Who I recommend the Saatva Youth mattress for
- If you’re looking for a durable children’s mattress, consider the Saatva Youth. This bed should last you until your little one is ready to graduate to a mattress for teenagers.
- Parents who are looking for a hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and spill-resistant mattress for their child.
- Combination sleepers who like a responsive mattress without motion isolation.
Who I don’t recommend the Saatva Youth mattress for
- While I generally don’t recommend pricey memory foam mattresses for kids, if your child likes a super-soft, cuddly sleep surface, one of our best memory foam mattresses might be a better fit for them.
- If you’re shopping on a budget, you might want to consider a less expensive mattress. I do think this Saatva bed’s durability justifies the cost, but you can find a few more budget-friendly options in our best mattress for kids roundup.
- If you’re looking for a queen or king size mattress the Saatva Youth is not a fit for you. It’s only offered in twin, twin XL, and full sizes.
What Does the Saatva Youth Mattress Feel Like?
So how exactly does the Saatva Youth mattress feel? Like any traditional innerspring mattress, this bed will feel bouncy and responsive. This is a great fit for kids, because many children are combination sleepers who change positions throughout the night. They should feel more “on top of” rather than “stuck-in” the Saatva Youth, and the responsiveness will make it easy for them to move around during their night’s sleep.
The Saatva’s innerspring construction also means it should feel nice and breathable with good airflow. A cooling mattress generally works well for kids, who are less capable of regulating their body temperature than adults (especially when sick).
The Saatva Youth should have a medium-firm to firm feel. I generally recommend medium-firm to firm mattresses for kids, regardless of their preferred sleeping positions. They don’t need as much pressure-relief as adults, but still need plenty of support to keep their spines straight throughout the night. These firmness levels promote a neutral spinal alignment in children.
If your child is a back sleeper, combination sleeper, or stomach sleeper they should feel comfortable on this sleep product. Side sleepers should also feel fairly comfortable, but if you’re particularly concerned about finding a soft mattress for a side-sleeping child, you can check out one of our best soft mattresses.
What is the Saatva Youth Mattress Made Of?
This mattress is made of high-quality materials that promote healthier sleep. All Saatva’s foams are CertiPUR-US® Certified, which means they’re free of harmful chemicals and heavy metals. Take a look below to learn more about each layer. I’ll be describing this flippable Saatva with the ages 3-7 side facing up.
Cover — This Saatva has an organic cotton cover that’s antimicrobial and features a water-resistant finish. Saatva also added a waterproof barrier below the cover to protect against spills and accidents. If you’re particularly worried about accidents, I’d recommend adding a mattress protector as well.
Age 3-7 Comfort Layer — Next up, a poly-foam topper that’s designed especially for younger kids. This top layer offers some body contouring and pressure relief, and features zoned support. The high-density foam makes it a little firmer in the center to provide extra support around the lower back.
Support Layer — Strong recycled steel coils offer support and bounce to this mattress.
Age 8-12 Comfort Layer — Softer high-density support foam offers some cushioning support to older children.
Saatva Youth Mattress Delivery
Saatva offers their free white glove delivery service. That means delivery workers will take your new Saatva straight to your child’s bedroom and set it up for you. They will also remove your old mattress from your home for free. Saatva also offers a lifetime warranty and 365 night trial period.
The Saatva Youth is a high-quality mattress for growing children. If you’re looking for a new mattress for your child, I’d really recommend checking it out. Since I haven’t tried this mattress myself, I’ve compiled a few other folks’ favorite and least favorite things about this bed to help you decide if it’s right for you.
Customers’ favorite things about the Saatva Youth mattress
Eco-friendly and organic shoppers appreciate the natural materials the Saatva Youth is made of. This nontoxic mattress is a great way for health-conscious parents to feel some peace of mind.
The other great feature about this Saatva is that it’s long-lasting. Its flippable build and high-quality construction ensure that it should last until your child outgrows it. Until then, most kids should feel comfortable on this firm, bouncy mattress.
Customers’ Saatva Youth mattress complaints
The most common complaint Saatva customers have is about delayed delivery times. If you’re in a hurry to receive a new mattress, the Saatva Youth may not be the best choice for you. There’s occasionally a bit of a wait on receiving this bed.
One other issue is that the Saatva Youth does not come with a removable mattress cover, which means you can’t just throw it in the wash after an accident or spill. A mattress protector should help solve that problem. You can also check out our How to Clean a Mattress guide to learn how to remove any stains or odors.
How Much Does the Saatva Youth Cost?
Price point is a big factor when choosing a new mattress. Take a look at the chart below to see Saatva’s pricing and sizing information, and be sure to visit our Saatva mattress coupons page to check for any deals on this bed.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
|Twin||38″ x 75″ x 10″||$749|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 10″||$849|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 10″||$999|
Saatva Youth Mattress Policies and FAQs
How much does it cost to ship the Saatva Youth mattress?
Shipping is free. Saatva provides free white glove delivery, which includes new mattress setup and old mattress removal.
Does the Saatva Youth come with a home trial period?
Yes, Saatva offers a 365-night sleep trial with the Saatva Youth. If you decide to return this Saatva, you’ll receive a full refund minus a $99 removal fee.
Does the Saatva Youth come with a mattress warranty?
Yes, Saatva offers a lifetime warranty with this bed.
Do I need a box spring with the Saatva Youth mattress?
No, you don’t need a box spring with this mattress. Any hard flat surface will work to support it. You can also use a slatted bed frame. The Saatva Youth is also compatible with bunk beds.
Saatva Youth Mattress Vs
Shopping for a child’s mattress is no easy task, but luckily, there are a ton of great mattress brands out there that offer child-friendly beds. Below, I’ll compare the Saatva Youth to some other mattresses on the market.
Saatva Youth Mattress vs 5 Little Monkeys Mattress
- Unlike the Saatva, the 5 Little Monkeys mattress is an all-foam bed.
- The 5 Little Monkeys mattress feels softer than the Saatva Youth and was designed specifically for younger children transitioning out of a crib.
- This mattress’s cover is stain-resistant and machine washable, which are especially great perks for parents with young children.
- Interested in this soft kids’ bed? Learn more in the full 5 Little Monkeys bed review.
Saatva Youth Mattress vs Casper Element Mattress
- Unlike the Saatva Youth, the Casper Element is not designed specifically for kids. But its price-point and construction are kid-friendly.
- Back and stomach sleepers should like the firm feel of this foam mattress.
- The Casper Element sleeps cool, which is great for kids and hot sleepers.
- Check out the full Casper Element mattress review to learn more.
Other Models from Saatva
So excited about the Saatva Youth mattress that you’re wondering if you can snag one for yourself? Take a look below to learn more about two of Saatva’s most popular adult-friendly mattress offerings.
Saatva Youth Mattress vs Saatva Classic Mattress
- The Saatva Classic has a similar feel to the Saatva Youth. It’s bouncy and firm-feeling, which makes it a great fit for combination sleepers.
- The Classic is offered in three different comfort levels, so most sleepers should find a model that fits their needs.
- The Saatva Classic features great edge support, which means you can sleep all the way on the edge of the bed without feeling like you might slide off.
- Interested in this bed? Learn more in the full Saatva mattress review.
Saatva Youth Mattress vs Loom & Leaf Mattress
- The Loom & Leaf is Saatva’s memory foam mattress option.
- This soft mattress is a great fit for side sleepers looking for extra pressure relief.
- The Loom & Leaf does a great job of reducing motion transfer, which means you won’t feel disturbed by a restless partner on this bed.
- Learn more in the full Loom & Leaf mattress review
Still not sure if the Saatva Youth is the right choice for your child? Take a look at the ratings below to decide!
- Edge Support