Are you ready for another mattress battle? Well, buckle up because it’s time for eLuxurySupply and Tuft & Needle to race to the finish line! Which one of these mattresses will be named king of the bedroom? Continue reading below to find out!
Don’t have time to read the full review? Click here to jump down to the review summary.
Unfortunately, Tuft & Needle does not provide Sleepopolis with any coupons.
eLuxurySupply Mattress Review
The eLuxurySupply mattress is built from 2 separate layers of foam and totals 10″ in height.
- Top layer (comfort + cooling + support) – 3″ of gel infused memory foam. This layers is designed to provide cooling, comfort, pressure relief, and support for the mattress. The gel memory foam works to pull heat away from the sleeper, allowing for a cooler sleeping surface.
- Bottom layer (deep compression support & foundation) – 7″ layer of high density support foam. This layer is designed to provide the deep compression support in addition to acting as the foundational base for the mattress.
The cover of the eLuxurySupply mattress is pretty basic. There is a 2-tone, grey and white color scheme with a flower like pattern woven into the top piece of fabric. The top piece of the cover is a mixture of polyester (80%) and spandex (20%). The grey side panels are built from 100% polyester and contain a much sturdier build. This is to prevent damage to the mattress.
Additionally, the cover is thin, which creates improved breathability and allows sleepers to more directly feel the foam layers below.
Firmness, Feel, & Support
The eLuxurySupply mattress is a slightly firm mattress coming in at a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the most firm. While most companies shoot for a firmness range between 5-6 out of 10, eLuxury decided to go with a slightly firmer feel and they did a great job implementing it.
Designed to float sleepers on top of the foams, this mattress has little sinkage and hug. While lying normally on my back (weight evenly distributed) I saw about 0.75-1″ of sinkage. Now, bear in mind that I only weight 140 pounds. Sleepers that are heavier than me will definitely see more sinkage, but it will not be a drastic amount. Overall, the support was great. I felt as if my spine was in constant alignment and I was able to remain comfortable in all sleeping positions.
The design of the eLuxurySupply mattress also makes for a cooler sleeping experience. Since the sleeper is not enveloped deeply by the foams, the mattress is able to breathe easier. This is definitely a benefit coming from an all foam, 2 layer mattress.
Lastly, the bounce is right in the middle of the field. There’s not dramatic bounce like you would get from innerspring or latex, but there is definitely enough bounce to make amorous bedroom activities more enjoyable.
- Shipping – free shipping, comes compressed in a box, arrives in 2-7 days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Made in the USA
Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
Tuft & Needle is constructed from 2 separate foam layers and sits at a total height of 10″.
- Top layer (cooling + comfort + support) – the top layer of the Tuft & Needle is 3″ of polyfoam. This layer works to provide a cooler sleeping surface, comfort, and support for the mattress.
- Bottom layer (deep compression support & foundation) – this layer is 7″ of support foam and is designed to offer deep compression support for sleepers. This layer also serves as the foundation for the mattress.
The cover of the Tuft & Needle is nothing out of the ordinary. It’s designed from a combination of rayon and polyester, contains an all white color scheme, and has an average amount of thickness.
Firmness, Feel, & Support
Tuft & Needle sits at a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the most firm) as well. This mattress is on the firmer end of the spectrum and designed for sleepers who want a slightly firmer feel.
As a slightly firmer mattress, Tuft & Needle tends to float sleepers in a similar fashion as the eLuxury mattress. The polyfoam used in the top layer of the Tuft & Needle mattress is fairly dense, providing sleepers with a slight amount of sinkage and a strong amount of push back.
The support provided from the Tuft & Needle was average. As a lighter sleeper (140 pounds) I didn’t place too much pressure on the foams, therefore I did not see a lot of contour around my body. It would take a significant amount of weight to press down through the foam layers and receive a deeper hug. Now with that said, there was also a small amount of motion transfer. Since I was not directly impacting the foams below me, the mattress was not able to fully absorb my movement and dissipate the energy as well as other foams (especially memory foams).
Lastly, cooling. The cooling in this mattress was what I expected. As a mattress only built from 2 layers, it was able to breathe quite easily and provide me with a cooler sleeping surface. In addition, the floating feeling meant I was not enveloped by the mattress and did not notice any excessive hot spots.
- Shipping – free, comes 1-5 days compressed in a box
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Made in the USA
Below is our side-by-side comparison of the eLuxurySupply vs. Tuft & Needle mattress:
|eLuxury||Tuft & Needle|
|Foam Layers||3.0" gel memory foam, 7.0" support foam||3.0" poly foam, 7.0" support foam|
|Density||gel memory foam = 3.0 PCF|
support foam = 1.5 PCF
|poly foam = 2.9 PCF|
support foam = 1.5 PCF
|Cover||Two-tone design, stretchy, thin||All white, stretchy, thin|
|Firmness||6-6.5 out of 10||6-6.5 out of 10|
|Support||Very good||Very good|
|Motion Transfer||Very minimal||Very minimal|
|Price - Queen||$552||$750|
|Price - King||$637||$900|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||120 days||100 days|
|Shipping||Free, comes in a box, 2-7 days||Free, comes in a box, 1-5 days|
|Refunds & Returns||Yes||Yes|
Should I buy the eLuxurySupply or Tuft & Needle Mattress?
After several extensive tests on both the eLuxury and Tuft and Needle mattresses, I have come to the conclusion that eLuxury is simply the better choice. These mattresses are very similar in a lot of ways. They both have a slightly firmer feel at a 6’ish out of 10, they both float sleepers on top of the foam, they both sleep cool, they both are 10″, they both are built from 2 layers of foam, and they are both designed with a minimalist feel.
That said, at the end of the day, eLuxurySupply’s mattress simply does everything Tuft and Needle does…except better. It uses a true visco elastic memory foam instead of a basic poly foam. Additionally, the top foam layer is more dense at 3.0 PCF vs. Tuft & Needle’s 2.9 PCF. Increased density should result in better durability and longevity. Lastly, and most important, eLuxurySupply is simply cheaper. Tuft & Needle’s Queen is $750, while eLuxury comes in at $578.
Bottom line…eLuxury is using better materials, has a similar feel, and is $172 cheaper. If you like the slightly firmer feel this one is a no brainer.
I would recommend eLuxurySupply to sleepers who:
- Want a slightly firmer feel – coming in at a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale, the eLuxury mattress is a great bed for those sleepers who want minimal sinkage and hug and a slightly firmer feel.
- Want minimal sinkage + good cooling – as a slightly firmer mattress, minimal sinkage and hug occurs while lying on this mattress. In a normal lying position (on my back) I saw 0.75-1″ of sinkage. If you’re looking to avoid the enveloped or stuck feeling, this is a great option. Additionally, the floating feeling that the mattress creates allows the mattress to breathe more easily, keeping the sleeping surface cool.
- Want to save some money – the eLuxurySupply mattress is offered at a reasonable price point for the quality of this mattress. There are no special bells and whistles about this mattress, however, it simply gets the job done. At $172 cheaper than Tuft & Needle (in the Queen size) it truly is an incredible deal.
- Want to buy from an established company – eLuxurySupply has been producing and selling bedding products online for 5 years now. With an average customer review of 4.87, it is safe to say the eLuxurySupply prides themselves on excellent customer service from beginning to end.
For more on the eLuxury mattress read my full eLuxurySupply mattress review
For more on Tuft & Needle read my full Tuft & Needle mattress review
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019
- Best Labor Day Mattress Deals 2019 - August 24, 2019