Winner Announcement – Congratulations to the previous year winner, Ava Da Re! Watch her winning video here. Thank you all who submitted a video. We will follow up with details on next year’s scholarship later this year.
Sleepopolis believes deeply in the value of education and giving back. My college experience and education helped prepare me for both personal and professional challenges. It’s my hope that I can help others achieve that experience as well. It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the 3rd Annual Sleepopolis scholarship available for the 2019-2020 school year. Eligible applicants may enter below for the $1,000 scholarship.
Applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States OR current college students already studying at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- U.S. citizens
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at time of application or already in possession of high school diploma / GED
- Planning to or already currently pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA currently
How to Apply
To apply please create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) that answers the following questions:
- How has the internet changed the way you research and buy products?
- How has the internet changed old-school industries? (ex. mattresses, newspapers, television, etc.)
- If you could change an established industry for the better using the internet, which would it be and what would you do to change it?
Make your video creative, innovative, informative, entertaining, and interesting! The video that best captures these attributes will win this year’s scholarship award. Use the following form to submit your application. Please include your full name, school year, name of the college you plan to or are already attending, and a link to your video.
Upload your video to YouTube to submit your application. Note: by submitting this form you agree to allow Sleepopolis to use your video for promotional purposes (it will be posted to the Sleepopolis blog and potentially other locations).
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline?
The deadline for entry is March 31, 2020, 11:59 pm PST.
When will the scholarship funds be available?
The funds will be available for the 2020-2021 school year.
Is this scholarship renewable?
No, it is a single semester scholarship. New scholarships will be available each year. You may re-apply each year.
How many scholarships are available? And how much are they?
One (1) scholarship is available of $1,000.
How is a winner determined?
The winning submission will be the applicant who meets or exceeds the eligibility requirements and submits a video that answers the required questions using the most creative, innovative, informative, entertaining, and interesting presentation style.
When will the winner be selected? How will they be notified?
A winner will be selected by April 15, 2020. Sleepopolis will notify the winner by email. In the event the winner does not respond within 72 hours of the initial contact attempt a new winner will be chosen.
What about eligibility verification?
Prior to collecting the scholarship award the winner will be required to verify their school status, GPA, and other eligibility requirements.
Can I mail in a paper application?
No, we do not accept any paper applications. Please use the electronic submission form above.
How can the scholarship be used?
The funds may be use for tuition at an accredited university or used to cover other educational expenses at an accredited university.
Any tips for making a great video submission?
Production and editing quality counts. Don’t simply talk into a web cam for 5 minutes. The video should answer the questions, but also be interesting to watch. Multiple shooting locations, good audio / video quality, nice video transitions, and a clearly communicated presentation style all help.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Best Comforters - October 12, 2019
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019