Are you on hunt for a new mattress? Well then it may be time for you to meet the brand new Voila mattress! Voila is a company looking to spice up the hybrid mattress. Will their mattress join the ranks of the best online mattresses? Continue reading below to find out in our full Voila mattress review.
Don’t have time to read the full review? Click here and enjoy the ride straight to the review summary.
The Voila mattress is offered in 3 different firmness levels (plush, medium, & firm) and each of these levels sit at different heights, ranging from 10-12″. For my purposes, I tested and reviewed the medium mattress (11″).
- A – Exterior Cover – outer cover of the mattress, thin cover by design for improved cooling, solid build quality
- B – Fire Sock – standard silica based fire sock designed to melt in the event of a fire and smother any flames
- C – 0.75″ Gel Memory Foam (3.0 lbs) – the beginning of the comfort layers, gel memory foam creates great pressure relief, support, cooling, and feel
- D – 1.75″ Gel Memory Foam (4.0 lbs) – 2nd comfort layer, works in coordination with the top gel memory foam layer to create pressure relief, support, cooling, and feel. This layer is denser by design, as it acts in more of a supportive function than the top layer of memory foam, which is more for comfort.
- E – 0.75″ Latex Foam – provides a level of comfort, bounce, and response to the mattress, but it is mostly placed here to act as a strong resilient layer and transmit the bounce from the pocketed coils below
- F – 2.25″ Edge Support Foam – the interior portion of the edge support system, this is a basic foam, but provides great support to the edges
- G – 0.25″ Support Foam – basic support foam designed to help reinforce the barrier between comfort foams and the pocketed coil systems, helps improve durability
- H – Fiber Insulator Pad – insulator that allows airflow and protects against re-positioning of the pocketed coils
- I – 6.25″ Pocketed Coils – provides great bounce, response, and exceptional support for the mattress. Includes 5 zones, a more supportive edge, and lengthwise zones designed to create proper spinal alignment
- J – 6.25″ Edge Support Foam – the exterior portion of the edge support system, perforated along the edges for improved airflow
- K – Fiber Insulator Pad – insulator that allows airflow and protects against re-positioning of the pocketed coils
- L – 1″ Support Base Foam – standard high density base foam designed to provide a foundational base for the mattress
- M – 0.5″ Support Base Foam – standard high density base foam designed to provide a foundational base for the mattress
The cover of the Voila mattress is well built, nicely designed, and has a great look to it. As I tugged and pulled the cover from several different angles, it was easily able to return right back to its original shape without any issues. Additionally, the cover has a decent amount of thickness to it. It’s not so thick that it easily retains heat, but its thick enough to provide a soft top layer. The layered design of Voila matches up very well with its cover, providing great cooling and overall comfort.
GUIDE: Best mattress for sex
Aesthetically, this cover has a modern feel and an interesting usage of mesh and fabric. There’s a nice wavy pattern woven into the top piece of the cover, while the side panels have a smooth transition from the grey to white. Going along with that transition, the grey side panels have a large number of holes scattered throughout the mesh-like fabric. This helps to increase airflow in and out of the mattress, further helping to improve cooling.
Firmness, Feel, & Support
The Voila mattress is offered in plush, medium, and firm. For this review I tested the medium Voila mattress. On a firmness scale of 1-10 where 10 is the most firm, Voila medium landed at a 6 out of 10. The soft version of this mattress is closer to a 3-3.5 out of 10 whereas the firm is a 8-8.5 out of 10.
As a hybrid mattress, the Voila has a nice feel. Unlike most of the hybrid mattresses I have tested, Voila uses a thin cover design without a super plush top layer and allows you to be in closer contact with the foams below. The overall feel in terms of sinkage and hug is quite balanced. The memory and latex foams used create exceptionally good pressure relief, while the pocketed coil support system is able to provide response and bounce.
Overall support was very good. Between my wife and I, we cover all 3 sleeping positions throughout the night. After sleeping on the mattress for several nights, we both felt as if the mattress did a great job maintaining spinal alignment. There was absolutely no stuck feeling while sleeping on the Voila. As with all hybrid designs, the beauty of pocketed coils + foam allows the Voila to create a best of both worlds type of a feel…exceptional support, bounce, and response from the pocketed coils, while still providing great pressure relief, comfort, and feel from the foam layers.
Edge support is another major benefit from hybrid designs. However, the Voila has really taken it to the next level. The usage of both pocketed coils + a 2 piece foam edge support system is a design tactic I’ve never experienced before. The Voila creates among the best edge performance I have seen in any mattress I have tested to date. Edge support is more important than you might imagine, as the implications for sitting, sleeping, and sex are critical. Great edge support elevates all of these factors.
All in all, I greatly enjoyed the feel of the Voila. It has a balanced comfort, exceptional support, great cooling, excellent edge support, great bounce and response, and you have the ability to choose from 3 different firmness levels. Voila is one of the best hybrid mattresses I’ve ever tested or seen.
All mattress reviews by Sleepopolis goes through each of the sinkage tests listed below. These tests are designed to create comparisons between mattresses and allow you to see how the mattress performs under certain conditions and positional pressures.
- Lying on back – as I lied normally on my back, with my weight spread evenly across the mattress I saw 1-1.5″ of sinkage.
- Lying on side – while lying on my side I saw 1-1.5″ of sinkage
- Sitting on the edge (conservative) – with my weight close to the edge and my butt slightly back (upright seated position) on the mattress, I saw 3″ of sinkage.
- Sitting on the edge (aggressive) – with all of my weight directly on the edge (upright seated position) I saw 3.5″ of sinkage.
- Standing in the middle – as I placed all of my weight at one specific point of the center of the mattress, I saw 4.5″ of sinkage.
Please keep in mind that sinkage results will vary depending on weight and body type. As a reference, I weigh 140 pounds and have a fairly uniform body type.
Be sure to grab our promo code “SLEEPOPOLIS10” to save 10% off any Voila purchase!
- Shipping – free, compressed in a box, arrives in 3-5 business days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Discounts – Save 10% with code “SLEEPOPOLIS10“
- Weight – Queen size mattress weighs 135 pounds (medium firmness)
I would recommend the Voila mattress to sleepers who:
- Want a plush, medium, or firm feel – the Voila mattress is available in 3 different firmness levels. This makes it an ideal choices for a wide ranger of sleeper types, positions, weights, and body types. The Voila 3 firmnesses cover the vast vast majority of all sleepers.
- Want great bounce – the pocketed coil base layer and Talalay latex come together for a nice level of bounce. Amorous activity, getting in and out of bed, and the overall comfort on this mattress is more enjoyable due to level of bounce. Yet, the motion transfer is still keep to a minimum.
- Want a cool mattress – the combination of pocketed coils, Talalay latex, and gel memory foam makes for a cool sleeping surface. The mesh side panels, perforated edge support foam, and thin cover design come together to further help improve airflow in the mattress.
- Want a responsive mattress – the response of this mattress is almost instantaneous. The hybrid design of the Voila bounces right back to its original shape after pressure is applied and released. With this response, the “stuck” feeling is nonexistent.
Want more information on the Voila? Visit VoilaMattress.com.