Hold on tight! Another major mattress battle is about to take place. eLuxurySupply is one of the most genuine mattress companies in the industry and they’re looking to take on the Goliath of the online mattress world, Casper. Does eLuxury have what it takes to give Casper a run for its money? Continue reading below to discover if eLuxury is strong enough to compete with Casper.
Short on time? Not a problem. Click here to slide down to the review summary.
Unfortunately, Casper does not provide any coupons for Sleepopolis readers.
eLuxury Mattress Review
eLuxury is a 10″ mattress constructed from 2 separate layers of foam.
- Top layer (comfort + cooling + support) – 3″ layer of gel memory foam. This layer is designed to provide the cooling, comfort, support, and pressure relief for the mattress. The top layer works to pull heat away from the surface, resulting in a cooler sleeping surface.
- Bottom layer (deep compression support + foundational) – 7″ layer of high density support foam. This layer provides the deep compression support as well as the foundational support for the mattress.
The cover of the eLuxurySupply mattress is a simple, yet smooth, two-toned grey and white design. A combination of polyester (80%) and spandex (20%) makes up the white fabric on top. This top piece is thin, but has a soft feel and good flexibility. The mix of these characteristics allows for very good airflow and also allows the sleepers to be in more direct contact with the foams below.
The grey side panels are made from 100% polyester. eLuxury went with polyester on the side for added durability as well as protection for the mattress.
Firmness, Feel, & Support
The eLuxury mattress falls between a 6-6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, where 10 is the most firm, giving it a medium to slightly firm feel.
As you first lie down on the mattress, there is a small amount of sinkage. This is directly related to the 3″ top layer of gel memory foam. This layer makes for a slight amount of sinkage, yet you still receive somewhat of a floating feeling.
As a stomach sleeper, I enjoyed the feel of the eLuxury. My wife, a back and side sleeper, relayed similar feelings. We both felt as if he top layer was soft enough to relieve pressure points, but still firm enough to avoid any sort of “stuck” feeling. Additionally, the eLuxury mattress did a great job of maintaining proper spine alignment in all sleeping positions. We truly felt as if the mattress did a great job mixing the floating feel with very good support, pressure relief, and cooling.
With regards to support the eLuxury mattress does a pretty good job, especially for a 10″ mattress. eLuxury is spec’d to support sleepers up to 400 pounds per side, 800 total. The memory foam layer does a great job of providing solid deep compression support and consistent comfort for a large variety of sleeping positions, body types, and weights.
Already know the eLuxury mattress is the one for you? Don’t forget to use this link to save 15% off instantly.
|Size||Price||Price w/ Sleepopolis Discount|
- Shipping – free shipping, comes compressed in a box, arrives in 2-7 days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Discounts – 15% off with this link
- Made in the USA
Looking for more information on eLuxurySupply? Read the full eLuxury mattress review here.
Casper Mattress Review
The Casper is a 9.5″ mattress designed from 3 layers.
- Top layer (comfort + cooling) – this is a 1.5″ layer of latex foam designed to provide the bounce, cooling, and comfort for the mattress.
- Middle layer (support) – 1.5″ layer of memory foam. This layer works to create pressure relief and provide support for the mattress. Additionally, it is placed below the latex to help prevent any heat retention issues.
- Bottom layer (foundation) – 6.5″ support foam acting as the foundation for the mattress
The Casper’s cover is a two-tone grey and white combination. The top piece of the cover is made from 100% polyester. It is also porous, allowing for improved airflow and a cooler sleeping surface. As you move the Casper it is important to be very careful. While the grey side panels are a bit more durable, the top piece of fabric can be easily damaged. As I moved the Casper several months ago the white fabric snagged along my wall and several threads were ripped out.
Firmness, Feel, & Support
The Casper sits between a 6-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the most firm. This mattress is designed to fit the needs of most sleepers. Granted, the firmness level varies based on body weight. As a heavier sleeper Casper will end up feeling closer to a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. This is simply due to the softness of the latex layer and total 3″ thickness of comfort foams. Heavier sleepers simply sink through these and put more direct pressure on the base foam.
The support of the Casper is pretty good. The top layer of latex provides more of a rounded contour compared to the more pronounced, traditional contour of memory foam mattresses. As a lighter sleeper (140 pounds) I was seeing about 1-1.5″ of sinkage while lying on my back. Now, there was no “stuck” feeling with this sinkage, due to the latex top layer. The Casper also has pretty good response and bounce due to the top layer of latex.
Deep compression support is perhaps the weakest area of the Casper and the most common complain I hear from my readers. The soft feel of the latex top layer and total of only 3″ of comfort foam means heavier sleepers sink through these layers and engage the firmer and less comfortable support foams below.
The Casper’s manufacturing specs say it’s capable of holding up to 250 pounds for an individual sleeper or 450 for couples. In my opinion, based on feedback from my readers, I feel like any sleeper over 200 pounds begins to rapidly push the upper limits of what the Casper is capable of comfortably supporting.
- Shipping – free shipping, comes in 1-5 days compressed in a box
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Refunds – 100% money back
- Made in the USA – some materials also come from Belgium
Looking for more information on Casper? Read my full Casper mattress review.
|Foam Layers||3" gel memory foam, 7.0" support foam||1.5" latex foam, 1.5" memory foam, 6.5" support foam|
|Cover||Soft, thin, great stretch, good cooling||Soft, thin, good stretch, good cooling|
|Firmness||6-6.5 out of 10||6-7 out of 10|
|Motion Transfer||Very minimal||Very minimal|
|Price - Queen||$510||$850|
|Price - King||$595||$950|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||120 nights||100 nights|
|Shipping||Free, 2-7 days, compressed in a box||Free, 1-5 days, compressed in a box|
|Refunds & Returns||Yes||Yes|
Should I Buy the eLuxurySupply or Casper Mattress?
We’ve come to the end of this comparison and we’re down to the big final question, which mattress is better, eLuxurySupply or Casper? This was one of the harder comparisons I’ve done recently. If we look purely at performance, it’s a much closer contest. Both eLuxury and Casper perform at an above average level and provide good support, cooling, and comfort. The similar construction, materials, and design of these two mattress creates a similar level of performance and even feel to a certain degree.
There are many similarities between these two mattresses. However, there are really only two major comparison points that ultimately matter in this contest.
- Deep compression support – if you’re a heavier sleeper the Casper is unlikely to be a great fit, it simply doesn’t have great deep compression support and doesn’t do a great job of comfortably supporting heavier sleepers. eLuxury isn’t a miracle worker in this area, but it does provide a considerabe step up over Casper in my opinion. The 3.0″ layer of memory foam in eLuxury is simply able to better relieve pressure and create better support for both light and heavier sleepers. Casper is spec’d to support up to 250 pounds per side, eLuxury is spec’d to support up to 400 pounds.
- Price – this one is perhaps the most telling. The Queen Casper is $850. The Queen eLuxury is $518. The material components and performance on both the Casper and eLuxury is very similar, so why is the Casper $332 more? I don’t believe the Casper is worth the extra cost vs. the eLuxury.
The bottom line – when you get right down to the bottom line the material quality and performance between these two mattresses is very similar. The price, however, is not. I’m hard pressed to come up with a single reason for why the Casper would be worth the extra $305. When you also factor in the deep compression support difference it’s even more of a no brainer in my opinion. For these reasons, the eLuxurySupply mattress is the winner of this mattress battle.
I would recommend the eLuxurySupply mattress to sleepers who:
- Want a medium to medium firm mattress – the eLuxurySupply mattress falls between a 6-6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the most firm). This mattress is a good fit for a large number of sleepers.
- Want balanced sinkage and hug – with the slightly firmer feel comes less sinkage and hug. The eLuxury mattress offers a balanced mix of sinkage, hug, and support.
- Want a great value – eLuxurySuppy does not come with any bells and whistles, but is still a very good mattress. Therefore, eLuxury is able to price their mattress much lower than Casper.
- Want to buy from a great established company – eLuxury was founded more than a decade ago by retired Marine office, Paul Saunders. eLuxury is operated and owned by one of the most reputable and genuine group of men and women in the business. Their customer service is equally as impressive.
If you still believe the eLuxuryMattress isn’t the best for you I still would not advise purchasing the Casper. In terms of performance vs. price, it just doesn’t match up. If you want to get a few more bells and whistle at a price point similar to Casper check out the Leesa, Brooklyn Bedding, or Ghostbed mattresses.