Another day, another mattress unboxing! Today we’re unboxing our brand new Amerisleep Colonial mattress. This is the 2015 version of Amerisleep’s Colonial. It has been completely re-done with a newly developed advanced memory foam, quality cover infused with heat dissipating material, and a great new stylish look.
I was quite fortunate to receive an advanced early shipment of Colonial mattress, making me the very first person to sleep on the new 2015 Colonial. It’s so new you actually cannot even buy it yet, but not to worry. Amerisleep is launching their new mattress line in a few days on May 15th, 2015. You’ll be able to buy the new Colonial mattress and updated versions of all of Amerisleep’s mattresses then.
Amerisleep is a Scottsdale, Arizona based mattress company. You may not have heard their name, but they’ve been around for quite some time, producing great mattresses for nearly a decade. Amerisleep uses some of the most technologically advanced memory foam I’ve ever seen or slept on.
Memory foam in general tends to really get a bad rap many times, and not without cause. Most memory foams offer great pressure relief and support, but can be slow to respond, creating a situation where you feel “stuck” in the foams after it contours to your body. In addition, many memory foams can have heat retention issues. Amerisleep’s new Bio-Pur+ memory foam has solved these problems, developing a memory foam that is highly responsive and extremely breathable, all while offering great support, pressure relief, and body contouring.
I don’t want to get into all the technical specs here, but you’ll be able to find all of that information on my comprehensive review of the Colonial mattress. That’ll go live in a few days.
In the mean time, after my first night on the Amerisleep Colonial mattress here are my initial thoughts:
- Amazingly soft – one of the softest mattresses I’ve slept on. I would probably rate it about a 4 out of 10 on the firmness scale (where 10 is the most firm).
- Good support – despite the softness, still offers great support (I slept mostly on my stomach and side during my first night test)
- Quality cover – you can run your hand over the cover one time and tell it’s a well made piece of material. The cover is woven with an advanced thermo-reactive material called Celliant. Celliant is designed to turn body heat into infrared light, which has been shown to have many positive effects on your sleep.
- Impressive cooling – Honestly, I was a bit concerned about sleeping on a memory foam mattress. Other memory foam mattresses I’ve slept on tend to sleep a little bit hot. I didn’t feel like the Colonial mattress slept any hotter than the best mattresses I’ve tested (I’d put it on par with the Loom & Leaf in terms of cooling, which it does extremely well).
If you’re looking for more information on the Colonial please check back in a few days. I’ll have my full review up very soon.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Tomorrow Sleep Complete Set Giveaway – 25 Days of Giving - December 2, 2017
- Voila Mattress Giveaway - June 26, 2017