Investing in a bedding set can save you time, because you don’t have to go hunting for complementary sheets and pillowcases. (At a minimum, bedding sets should consist of a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, and two pillowcases.) Purchasing all of these items in one package can also save you money; it’s kind of like buying in bulk at the grocery store.
So how do you find the best bedding set for your needs? Start by thinking about whether you prefer bedding made from particular materials, such as bamboo, cotton, or polyester. Then consider your budget and your aesthetic preferences. Together, these factors and our roundup should help you identify some stellar options that will give your bedroom an easy refresh.
California Design Den 400-Thread-Count Sheet Set
- The set is made from 100%, long-staple cotton in a sateen weave.
- The set is LEED v4 Gold Certified, certified “Made in Green” in India, and OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means it’s free of certain harmful chemicals and meets environmental standards.
- The set is available in several solid colors and patterns, so you can customize it to your bedroom’s decor.
- Given the quality of these sheets, they’re surprisingly budget-friendly.
- You might need to wash the sheets several times before using them to obtain an appealing softness level.
- The sheets are prone to wrinkling out of the dryer, which might annoy some people.
The California Design Den 400-Thread-Count Sheet Set is made from high-quality materials in eco-friendly and socially conscious ways. That quality is wrapped up in a surprisingly budget-friendly price tag.
Pinzon 300-Thread-Count Cotton Bed Sheet Set
- This is a relatively budget-friendly bedding set, especially given that it’s made from 300 thread count, 100% cotton.
- The fitted sheet has elastic all the way around its perimeter to hold it securely in place.
- The cotton is breathable, while the percale weave is extra-soft to the touch.
- The set is only available in five neutral colors, which might not appeal to all aesthetic preferences.
- Some users have reported the sheets don’t hold up super well to long-term use.
The soft, breathable Pinzon 300-Thread-Count Cotton Bed Sheet Set will leave you wanting to stay in bed all day. The set is made from 100% cotton and is relatively budget-friendly.
Cosy House Collection Luxury Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
- The set is available in 14 solid colors, so there should be an option to match most bedrooms.
- This is a relatively budget-friendly bedding sheet set.
- The set is made from 60% bamboo and 40% microfiber. The bamboo fibers are soft, moisture-wicking, and breathable.
- The fitted sheet has elastic all around its perimeter and features deep pockets to fit mattresses up to 16 inches tall.
- Some users have reported that some colors fade over time.
- The sheets are prone to wrinkles, which might annoy some people.
Enjoy the benefits of bamboo fibers in a budget-friendly package with the Cozy House Collection Luxury Bamboo Bed Sheet Set. The bedding is soft, moisture-wicking, and breathable.
Best High Thread Count
California Design Den 1,000-Thread-Count Luxury Bedding Set
- The set is made from extra-long-staple, 100% cotton in a sateen weave. It has a crisp, heavy, luxurious feel.
- The set is certified “Made in Green” in India and OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means it meets certain environmental standards and is free of harmful chemicals. The set is also made in a Gold-rated LEED facility, which means the facility employs sustainable practices.
- The sheets do a pretty good job of staying wrinkle-free.
- The sheets sleep relatively cool and shouldn’t contribute to overheating.
- These are on the pricier side and won’t be accessible to all budgets.
- The set is only available in four neutral colors, so it won’t appeal to all aesthetic preferences.
If you like the heavy, crisp feel of high-thread-count sheets, then look to the California Design Den 1,000-Thread-Count Luxury Bedding Set. The set is made from extra-long-staple, 100% cotton in a sateen weave.
Mellanni Bed Sheet Set
- The set is available in a huge range of colors and patterns. There should be an option for pretty much every taste.
- This is a very budget-friendly bed sheet set. You get one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases for less than you might pay just for the pillowcases from other brands.
- The fitted sheet has elastic the whole way around for a snug fit. It also has deep pockets; it should fit mattresses up to 16 inches tall.
- This is budget bedding, so it’s on the thin side and is unlikely to be long-lasting.
- The sheets aren’t super breathable and might cause some people to sleep hot.
Get four new pieces of bedding for a remarkably low price with the Mellani Bed Sheet Set. The set comes in a huge range of colors and patterns, so there should be an option for most design palettes.
How We Picked
The first thing we looked for is what’s included in each set. At a minimum, a bedding set should include a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. Any product claiming to be a “bedding set” but not meeting this minimum requirement went into the rejection pile.
After that, we also considered the following factors.
You’ll want to match your bedding to your bedroom’s decor, so we included plenty of options when it comes to colors and design patterns. There should be an option for most taste preferences on this list.
“Comfort” is a matter of personal subjectivity, and it can come down to a range of factors including feel, temperature regulation, and materials. We focused on sheets that are soft and smooth to the touch, relatively breathable, and generally made from high-quality materials such as bamboo or 100% cotton.
Because bedding sets contain at least four pieces (a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases), they tend to cost more than just a set of sheets. But that doesn’t mean they need to break the bank. You can find decent bedding sets for anywhere from $20 to over $100.
Most of the options on this list are around $50, but you’ll also find a choice at both the lowest and highest ends of the spectrum. Our goal was to include a range of options so there’s something for every budget.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
To narrow down your list of possible bedding sets, ask yourself the following:
- Do you have strong feelings when it comes to materials? Some bedding sets are made from 100% cotton, others are bamboo, and still others are made from polyester microfibers. The materials used in a set will impact its feel, breathability, and cost.
- What are your temperature needs? Do you tend to sleep hot? Then you’ll want to look for a bedding set made from breathable materials such as bamboo or 100% cotton. If that’s not an issue for you, you’ll find yourself with more options.
- What are your aesthetic preferences? Some bedding sets are only available in solid, neutral colors, while others come in bright colors or patterns. Knowing your design preference can help you rule out many options.
You’ll spend a lot of time sleeping on your bedding set, so it’s worth taking the time to find the best one for your needs. Consider your budget alongside your preferences for aesthetics and materials, and this will help you zero in on the best bedding set for you.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Best Comforters - October 12, 2019
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019