Round pillows can serve a number of useful functions. They can be used to prop you up while reading, journaling, or doing the crossword in bed or on the couch. They can provide targeted support if someone needs to elevate a particular area after surgery or an injury. Or they can simply be used to add decorative flair to a bedroom.
So how does one go about finding the best round pillows for their needs? Start by deciding between a pillow insert (which will require purchasing a separate pillow sham or pillowcase) or a pillow that already comes with a decorative look. Then consider any preferences when it comes to materials — for example, round pillows can be filled with down, polyester, microfiber, and so on. Finally, think about how many pillows you want. (Some options come in packs of two, while others are sold individually.) Then check out our roundup to commence searching!
Editor’s Choice – HOMEIDEAS Plush Round Throw Pillow Inserts
- The cover is made from cotton, which is breathable and soft to the touch.
- The filling is plush microfiber and should provide fairly sturdy support without going flat.
- The pillows come in a set of two, which makes this a very budget-friendly purchase for folks who want more than one round pillow.
- The pillows are made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, which means they’re free of certain harmful chemicals and meet certain environmental standards.
- The pillows are not overfilled, so folks who are looking to fill out a pillow cover might need to order a size up in the pillow.
- The pillows might start to flatten and need re-fluffing over the long-term.
HOMEIDEAS Plush Round Throw Pillow Inserts
A soft cotton cover and plush microfiber filling make the HOMEIDEAS Plush Round Throw Pillow Inserts both supportive and soft to the touch. The pillows come in a set of two and are very budget-friendly.
- This is both a high-quality and relatively budget-friendly throw pillow.
- This is a decorative pillow, so there’s no need to purchase a pillow cover separately.
- The pillow is available in eight colors, so it’s easy to customize to one’s bedroom decor.
- The velvet fabric is soft to the touch and can be spot-cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Some users have reported that certain colors don’t exactly match their pictures.
- The button might come loose and need to be sewn back on.
Zituop Home Decorative Round Pumpkin Throw Pillows
The decorative Zituop Home Round Pumpkin Throw Pillows come ready to use and don’t require the purchase of a separate pillow sham. The pillow comes eight colors and features velvet fabric that’s soft to the touch.
Honorable Mention – NOVWANG Round Velvet Cushion
- The pillow comes in nine vibrant colors, so it’s easy to customize the look to a bedroom’s decor.
- The velvet fabric is soft to the touch and has a decorative quality, so there’s no need to purchase a separate cover.
- The pillow is fairly well stuffed and provides a decent amount of support.
- Some users have reported certain colors might not exactly match their pictures.
- The button is plastic and might fall off easily, so it might need to be replaced.
NOVWANG Round Velvet Cushion
Choose from nine vibrant colors with the NOVWANG Round Velvet Cushion. The velvet cover is soft to the touch, and the pillow provides decent support.
Also Consider – Cassiel Home Round Pintuck Throw Pillow
- The pillows come in six colors, so it’s possible to customize the look to one’s bedroom decor.
- The velvet fabric is soft to the touch. The pillow is filled with 100% polyester filling.
- The pillow is hand-tucked and has a vintage aesthetic.
- The pillow seems to be well-sewn and durable.
- Relative to other round pillows, this is on the pricier side.
- Some users have reported certain colors might not exactly match their pictures.
Cassiel Home Round Pintuck Throw Pillow
The Cassiel Home Round Pintuck Throw Pillow features a vintage aesthetic and soft velvet fabric. The well-sewn pillow comes in six colors.
Best Bargain – HOMESJUN Round Decorative Pillow Insert
- The pillows are filled with 95% feather and 5% down. The cover is 100% cotton.
- The pillows come in a set of two, which makes this a very budget-friendly option for folks who are looking for more than one round pillow.
- They’re machine-washable and dryer-friendly, which makes it easy to care for them at home.
- These are pillow inserts, so it will be necessary to purchase a pillow sham or cover separately.
- For those looking to fill an 18 X 18 inch cover, it might be necessary to order a larger pillow in order to fill out the cover.
HOMESJUN Round Decorative Pillow Insert
The machine-washable HOMESJUN Round Decorative Pillow Insert comes in a set of two and at a budget-friendly price. The pillows feature a 100% cotton cover and are filled with 95% feather and 5% down.
How We Picked
To put together this roundup of best round pillows, we prioritized a number of factors. Here’s a brief overview of what we considered and how we settled on our picks.
Some people are looking for a decorative pillow that comes pre-covered, while others prefer to purchase a round pillow insert and then buy a decorative pillow sham of their choice to go with it. We’ve included options for both types of shoppers here. Those who are looking for a plain insert will find several choices, while folks who want a decorative round pillow will find options in a variety of colors and finishes.
Round pillows are sometimes used for functional purposes (e.g. providing extra support for someone who wants to sit propped up in bed), and other times they’re meant purely for decorative purposes. The intended purpose for a round pillow might influence how much filling it should have. For instance, folks who are looking for a supportive pillow will want to look for options that are well-stuffed, while people who just want a decorative round pillow might not care so much about the level of support that the pillow offers. We’ve included options for both types of shoppers.
Round pillows can feature a range of materials in both the cover and filling, including cotton, down, microfiber, polyester, and so on. We’ve included a variety of materials so folks can choose according to their personal needs or preferences.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Trying to settle on the best round pillows? Consider the following:
- Decorative pillow or pillow insert? This is one of the primary factors that distinguishes different types of round pillows. Want to choose from pillows that are ready to be tossed onto a bed or couch and used for decoration right away? Then opt for a pillow that comes pre-encased. Looking to stuff an existing sham or purchase a new one? Then a pillow insert should do the trick.
- Which materials? Some people have strong preferences when it comes to materials, and this can be another way to narrow down a list of options. Round pillows can feature a range of materials including cotton, down, microfiber, polyester, and so on.
- How many? People in the market for multiple pillows might want to consider options that are sold in packs of two, as this typically offers a price break.
The best round pillows can serve functional or decorative purposes — or both! To find the right pillow, consider whether you want a pillow insert or one that’s already decorative. Then think about any preferences when it comes to materials, quantity, and so on. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying an enhanced sleep space!
What are some round pillow uses?
Round pillows can be used for several purposes. They can prop you up in bed while reading, doing the crossword, and so on. They can help elevate a limb after an injury or surgery. Or they can simply upgrade the look of a bed set.
Do round pillows come with covers?
Some round pillows come with their own decorative covers, but not all of them do. Sometimes, round pillows are sold as plain pillow inserts, which requires the separate purchase of a pillow cover or sham. The upside of purchasing an insert is that you can customize the look of the pillow to your exact preferences.
Do round pillows help neck pain?
It depends, but most likely not (unless a pillow states that it’s specifically designed for neck pain). Unless otherwise specified, most round pillows are meant to be decorative or to be used as props; they’re not usually intended for addressing neck issues. People who are concerned about neck pain might want to consider a cervical pillow.