Tired of having to rearrange the sheets every morning because they slipped around so much during the night? Then consider investing in a set of sheet fasteners. As the name suggests, these products help hold bed sheets in place so they don’t slide off the bed or get all messed up because of a sleeper who tosses and turns at night. Many sheet fasteners can hold fitted sheets, flat sheets, or mattress pads in place to ensure a more comfortable night’s sleep.
Not sure how to settle on the best sheet fasteners for your needs? Consider a range of factors including mattress size, ease of installation, adjustability, cost, and materials. Also consider the fabrics that will be secured by the fasteners and whether a given fastener is designed to protect those fabrics. Then check out our roundup of sheet fasteners for some stellar options!
FeelAtHome Elastic Adjustable Bed Sheet Holders
- The sheet fasteners are made of wide elastic bands and sturdy metal clips, so they should hold a variety of fabrics in place.
- The fasteners are designed to accommodate mattress sizes ranging from Twin to California King.
- The adjustable buckle makes it easy to customize the length of the fasteners to a particular mattress or sheet set.
- These are budget-friendly sheet fasteners.
One possible con? Some users have reported the connectors might wear out over time.
Wide elastic bands and sturdy metal clips help ensure the FeelAtHome Elastic Adjustable Bed Sheet Holders hold sheets securely in place. The budget-friendly fasteners can accommodate the full range of mattress sizes thanks to an adjustable buckle.
RayTour Bed Sheet Holder Straps
- The wide elastic bands and triangular design help ensure a secure fit.
- The elastic bands feature a “bungee cord lock” that lets users control the desired tension.
- The fasteners are designed to work with all types of bedding. They have nylon “teeth” to help protect fabrics.
- Some users have reported the clips might come un-fastened and need to be re-clipped every so often.
- The straps might not be long enough to accommodate extra-deep mattresses.
The RayTour Bed Sheet Holder Straps feature wide elastic bands and a triangular design to help ensure a snug fit. The bands have a cord lock that lets users control the tension.
FeelAtHome Bed Sheet Holder Straps
- The fasteners can be used to hold fitted sheets, flat sheets, and/or mattress pads in place.
- The sheet fasteners can accommodate the full range of mattress sizes, from Twin to California King. The buckle is adjustable, so it’s easy to customize the fasteners to a particular mattress.
- The triangular construction helps ensure the sheet fasteners successfully hold sheets in place.
- While the manufacturer claims that it’s not necessary to lift the mattress during installation, this doesn’t necessarily hold true. Installation can be a bit of a hassle.
- Folks with an adjustable bed might need to double-check the fasteners on a regular basis to ensure they aren’t wearing out sheets as the bed changes size.
The triangular construction on the FeelAtHome Bed Sheet Holder Straps contributes to a secure fit. The fasteners can accommodate the full range of mattress sizes as well as different types of sheets and mattress pads.
Made in the USA
Bed Band Bed Sheet Holder
- The Cordlock button allows users to select their desired tension. The bands can stretch from around 12 inches to approximately 18 inches.
- The fasteners are 100% USA worker assembled.
- They’re made from a durable elastic shock cord and nickel-plated clamps with a fabric protector, which should make them suitable for all types of bedding.
- Installation is much simpler than for a lot of sheet fasteners.
- Because the cord only stretches to around 18 inches, the fasteners might not be able to accommodate extra-large mattresses.
- The fasteners need to be reinstalled each time the sheets are changed, which can be a hassle.
The Bed Band Bed Sheet Holder is made in the USA from durable materials. The nickel-plated clamps have a fabric protector to help keep sheets safe.
Snowflake Elastic Bed Sheet Straps
- While most sheet fasteners come in packs of 4, these come in a set of 8.
- Even though this is a larger set, it’s still very budget-friendly.
- The adjustable elastic straps can be lengthened from around 12 inches to just over 39 inches. They should be able to accommodate a wide range of mattress and sheet sizes.
- The clips are made of chrome metal and lined with nylon to help protect fabrics.
One con? Some users have reported that the fasteners are prone to breaking over time.
Instead of the common 4 straps, the Snowflake Elastic Bed Sheet Straps come in a set of 8. The budget-friendly set features adjustable straps that can accommodate a range of mattress sizes.
KALLC Bed Sheet Holder Straps
- These are very budget-friendly sheet fasteners while still offering decent value.
- The adjustable fasteners are designed to work with a variety of flat sheets, fitted sheets, and mattress pads.
- The triangular design and wide elastic straps help ensure a secure fit.
- The clamps are made from metal for durability and feature a plastic lining to help protect fabrics.
- Installation can be a bit of a hassle.
- Some users have reported that the clips can break easily.
The KALLC Bed Sheet Holder Straps offer decent functionality at a bargain price. The triangular design and wide elastic straps help ensure a secure fit.
How We Picked
There are a lot of sheet fasteners out there, so we applied several criteria to narrow down the list of options. Here are some of the primary factors that we considered during our search.
This can be applied in several ways. First and most importantly, functionality is about whether a sheet fastener product actually does what it says it will. While there are no guarantees when it comes to these products, each of the items on our roundup has a high likelihood of holding sheets securely in place.
Functionality can also refer to the way in which a set of sheet fasteners work. For instance, some work kind of like suspenders (criss-crossed over the bottom of the bed), some have triangular designs at the corner of each bed, and so on. The design of a set of sheet fasteners can affect how easy (or not) it is to install them for the first time or after washing your sheets, how durable they are, and how well they hold sheets in place.
Sheet fasteners can be made from a variety of materials including chrome metal, nickel-plated metal, plastic, elastic cords, and so on. Some people might prefer certain materials or want to avoid others. (For instance, folks with nickel allergies might want to avoid nickel-plated options.)
It’s also worth noting whether a particular product includes materials to help protect sheet fabrics. For example, several options on this list include plastic or nylon insets on metal clips to prevent the metal from clipping directly onto the fabric.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Trying to settle on the best sheet fasteners for your needs? Consider the following:
- Which materials? Some people want to avoid nickel-plated products, others might strongly prefer nylon-coated clips over plastic-coated options, and so on. Preferences around materials can help guide a sheet fastener search.
- What’s the size of the mattress in question? Some sheet fasteners are designed to accommodate mattresses of all sizes, while others might not be large enough to accommodate an extra-deep mattress or a Cal King. It’s important to know the size of the mattress and sheets in question to determine whether the fasteners will fit.
For folks who are stressed out by having to readjust their sheets on a daily basis, sheet fasteners can be a lifesaver. They help hold a mattress pad, fitted sheet, and/or flat sheet in place and help prevent sheets from getting out of whack if sleepers toss and turn in the night. To find the best sheet fasteners for your needs, consider the size of the mattress in question, the materials and functionality of the fasteners, and so on. Happy hunting!
What are sheet fasteners?
Sheet fasteners are products that hold a fitted sheet, flat sheet, or mattress pad in place. They’re typically comprised of stretchy elastic straps and metal or plastic clips. They most commonly take the form of suspenders (which extend across the full length of the mattress) or triangles (at each corner of the mattress).
How do you attach sheet fasteners?
Sheet fasteners attach differently depending on their design. Suspender designs criss-cross across the full length of the bottom of the mattress, while triangular designs typically gather sheets at the corner of each bed. In most cases, you’ll need to lift the mattress to secure the fasteners, but some fasteners can be secured from the side of the bed. It’s important to follow the instructions on whichever product you purchase.
Do sheet fasteners fit all mattresses?
Some sheet fasteners are designed to accommodate mattresses of all sizes (from Twin to California King). However, this isn’t true for all sheet fasteners. Some are shorter and won’t accommodate extra-deep or large mattresses. It’s important to read a product description closely to determine whether it will fit the mattress in question.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020