Tuft & Needle is a brand that makes great mattresses and sleep products at an affordable price. In this review, I’ll be going over their Organic Jersey sheets — for more Tuft & Needle sheets, see our overview of their Jersey, Percale, and Linen sheets.
Short on time? Skip ahead to my review summary.
What are the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets Made Of?
The Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets are made with 100 percent organic cotton in a jersey knit. Jersey is a style of knit that can be made with a variety of different fibers, such as wool, synthetic fibers, or in this case, cotton. Jersey is known for its stretchiness and jersey sheet sets are often prized for their wrinkle-resistance.
Tuft & Needle also makes a Jersey sheet that is made from a 50 percent cotton and 50 percent Tencel blend. (Read more in our Tuft & Needle sheets review, comparing the brand’s percale, linen, and Jersey sheets.) Tuft & Needle says the 100 percent cotton construction in the Organic Jersey is more durable and breathable than their Jersey blend sheets.
These sheets are available in six different sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. Each set comes with one fitted sheet and one top sheet.
- Twin and twin XL sets come with one standard size pillowcase
- Full and queen sets come with two standard size pillowcases
- King and California king sets come with two king size pillowcases
What Do the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets Feel Like?
When I tested the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets, I thought they had a classic jersey sheet feel, but elevated — at least, elevated compared to the cheap jersey sheets I had in college! These jersey sheets felt quite soft, like a well-worn favorite t-shirt.
The fabric has a natural stretch, making it easy to tightly secure the fitted sheet around your mattress. The flat sheet is also weightier than a sateen or percale sheet, which are also often made with cotton, but woven rather than knit. When lying under it, I felt it draped around me quite cozily, with almost a swaddling effect.
Are the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets Good for Hot Sleepers?
I think these sheets are a solid option for hot sleepers. I wouldn’t say they are a top pick, as a jersey knit sheet is inherently thicker and less breathable than something lightweight, like a percale, or temperature-regulating, like a bamboo viscose.
However, being made with 100 percent cotton, I think these sheets allow for some breathability. If you’re an ultra-hot sleeper or looking for super cooling sheets for the summer, these may not be the best pick. But if you want a cozy sheet set that won’t make you too hot, these should work.
For our favorite cooling sheet options, take a look at our best sheets for hot sleepers.
How Durable are Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets?
This set of sheets should be fairly durable. Because they are made with 100 percent cotton, they should be less likely to pill than a jersey knit made with synthetic fibers. Jersey is also resistant to wrinkles, especially because the fabric is naturally stretchy. That makes these sheets a more low maintenance product than woven cotton sheets, if you want to avoid wrinkles in your bedding.
Do the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets Stay on the Bed?
Other than an extra-strong elastic band, the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets don’t have many special features to secure them to the bed. However, being made from jersey gives them a great advantage over other styles of sheets. The stretchy fabric allows the fitted sheet to fit snugly around your bed, preventing the sheet from popping off the corners. I had no issue with these sheets staying put.
Having covered the materials, feel, and performance of the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets, let’s go over who I recommend them for, as well as some of my complaints.
Who should try Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets
- If you love soft sheets, these are a great option. Jersey is one of the softest fabrics commonly used in sheets and these sheets from Tuft & Needle feel like a soft, worn-in t-shirt.
- If you are low maintenance, you’ll also appreciate how these sheets stay wrinkle free without any ironing or special care.
- If you are looking for a year-round sheet, these sheets are neither ultra-warming nor ultra-cooling, so I think they can work all year.
Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets complaints
- Being a cotton jersey knit sheet, these are not the most cooling sheets. I didn’t find them to be overly heat-trapping, but they are thick and are not especially breathable, so they might not be the best choice for some hot sleepers. Cotton also does not wick moisture, so these sheets will absorb your sweat rather than wick it away. See our best cooling sheets for more options.
- If you prefer a crisp, silky, or satiny sheet, these might not be the best sheets for you. The feel of these sheets is similar to a t-shirt or sweatshirt. See our best bamboo or sateen sheets for silky/satiny or best percale for crisp sheets.
- While they are available in several nice color options, the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets are not available in white, which many people prefer for bedding.
Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets Prices, Sizes, and Colors
Curious what the price tag on these sheets reads? Here’s a breakdown of prices, by size.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size. To get the best deal, click one of the coupons throughout this article.
|Size||Flat Sheet (Inches)||Fitted Sheet (Inches)||Pillowcase||Price|
|Twin||70″ x 96″||39″ x 76″ 16″||20″ x 28″||$68|
|Twin XL||70″ x 102″||39″ x 80″ 16″||20″ x 28″||$68|
|Full||84″ x 96″||54″ x 75″ x 16″||20″ x 28″ (x2)||$85|
|Queen||90″ x 102″||60″ x 80″ x 16″||20″ x 28″ (x2)||$85|
|King||106″ x 102″||76″ x 80″ x 16″||20″ x 37″ (x2)||$110.50|
|California King||102″ x 106″||72″ x 84″ x 16″||20″ x 37″ (x2)||$110.50|
The Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets are available in five color options:
- Blueberry (dark blue)
- Melon (light orange)
- Oatmeal (warm beige)
- Pistachio (light green)
- Stone (medium gray)
Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets Policies and FAQs
How do the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets ship?
Tuft & Needle ships for free within the contiguous United States. Customers in Hawaii and Alaska will have to pay an additional shipping fee.
Do the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets come with a sleep trial?
Yes, the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets come with a 100-night sleep trial. That means you can test them out for 100 nights and if they aren’t the best fit for you, you can return them within that trial period for a full refund.
Do the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets come with a warranty?
Yes, the sheets come with a 1-year warranty.
How do I clean the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets?
These sheets are machine washable and Tuft & Needle recommends washing your sheets before first use. To wash, use a mild detergent in cool water.
What is the thread count of the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets?
These sheets do not have a thread count, because they are knit rather than woven. To learn more about thread count, read our article on the best thread count for sheets.
Does Tuft & Needle sell other sheets?
Yes, Tuft & Needle sells a few other sheet sets, including a hemp, jersey, percale, and linen sheet set. Learn more about the linen, jersey, and percale sheet sets in our Tuft & Needle sheets review.
Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets Vs
Now let’s compare the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets to a competitor, the Purple SoftStretch sheets.
Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey Sheets vs Purple SoftStretch Sheets
- The SoftStretch sheets from Purple are made from a blend of bamboo viscose, spandex, and polyester. The bamboo viscose adds a cooling effect to these sheets.
- I thought these sheets felt similar to jersey, but with a smoother feel. Like the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets, they are very stretchy and have a weighty feel.
- Additionally, the Purple SoftStretch sheets have deep pockets and a thick elastic band to prevent them from coming loose.
- Want to learn more? Read my full Purple SoftStretch sheets review.
The Purple SoftStretch sheets are stretchy, temperature-regulating sheets made with a blend of rayon from bamboo viscose, spandex, and polyester.
Other Products from Tuft & Needle
- Tuft & Needle mattress topper
- Tuft & Needle Original Foam pillow
- Tuft & Needle mattress
- Tuft & Needle Hybrid mattress
- Tuft & Needle Mint mattress
Finally, here are my star ratings for the Tuft & Needle Organic Jersey sheets.