Are you as excited to get a look at the Kaya mattress as I am? It’s my first time reviewing a Kaya and I’m really interested to check out this hybrid bed in a box mattress. First things first, I have to get it out of the box and decompressed on the frame before sleeping on it.
- Cover – Made of a soft material that gives it a cozy feeling, the cover is also infused with gel to improve temperature regulation and cooling.
- Comfort – 1 inch of high density foam provides contouring like a memory foam but has a quicker response to pressure to avoid feeling stuck in the mattress.
- Compression – 2 inches of memory foam sit beneath the comfort layer to allow the sleeper to sink further into the mattress for pressure relief.
- Transition – 1 inch of poly foam acts as a transition layer from the soft foams on top to the firm support below.
- Support – A 6 inch pocketed coil layer provides bounce and support to the Kaya.
- Base – The is a 1 inch high density poly foam layer at the base of the mattress that the pocketed coil system pushes off of.
- Soft Mattress – The comfort layer and memory foam combine to provide a soft feel to the mattress that should be great for side sleepers.
- Built to Last – The high density foam and coil system used in the construction are durable materials and the 20 year warranty is one of the best in the market
- Sinkage – I definitely feel like I’m sinking into the Kaya more than sitting on top of it. Even so, I found it pretty easy to adjust my position.
That’s it for now, stay on the lookout for my upcoming review!
Logan is the content director of Sleepopolis, which means he not only reviews new mattresses every week, but also curates all the comparisons, best of pages, and video guides on the site. He takes a straightforward, honest approach to his reviews and endeavors to give viewers an objective look at each new product he tries out. Logan has perfected his method by personally testing over 200 different mattresses, so he’s not only able to discern the overall vibe of a specific bed, but to contextualize its feel within the bed-in-a-box market as a whole.