No doubt every parent-child relationship has its ups and downs. Whether you’re fighting about cleanliness, bedtime, or privileges, there’s always an issue to work through! We at Sleepopolis decided to ask – what are the most common parenting battles, and what are the outcomes? Scroll down to see the results! Or jump to see our survey methodology.
The survey was conducted online by OnePoll from Oct. 26 to Nov. 11, 2018. The panel consisted of 2,000 American parents with children aged 2-18 who have had an argument with their child. Respondents were 35.6 percent male and 64.4 percent female, with the majority (95 percent) aged 25-54. Children were identified by five age brackets: 2-5 (27.3 percent), 6-9 (44.4 percent), 10-12 (38.7 percent), 13-15 (36.3 percent) and 16-18 (23.4 percent). The survey was 23 questions long, with a mix of free text and multiple choice.
Our parent battle survey results are as follows!
- Parents report having an average of 5 disputes per week
- The average dispute lasts 14 minutes
- Parents estimate they win 63% of fights
- Top reasons for disputes with children are:
- Household chores (69%)
- Messy bedrooms (64%)
- Not cleaning up shared space (63%)
- Homework (63%)
- Bedtime (62%)
- The majority of arguments occur in the night or evening
- 78% of parents have a bedtime routine in place for their kids
Logan is the content director of Sleepopolis, which means he not only reviews new mattresses every week, but also curates all the comparisons, best of pages, and video guides on the site. He takes a straightforward, honest approach to his reviews and endeavors to give viewers an objective look at each new product he tries out. Logan has perfected his method by personally testing over 200 different mattresses, so he’s not only able to discern the overall vibe of a specific bed, but to contextualize its feel within the bed-in-a-box market as a whole.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020