It can take a while to pick out the perfect body pillow, but it’s worth it. Among other benefits, a body pillow offers full-body support, helps promote healthy alignment while you sleep, gives you something to cuddle (which can be comforting), and can make pregnancy more comfortable. Once you’ve secured these benefits, it’s important to preserve them with a body pillow cover.
Just like a body pillow, a body pillow cover offers several benefits. It prolongs the longevity of your body pillow by protecting it from stains, dirt, and so on. It also makes it easier to keep the pillow clean, because you can just wash the cover instead of the whole pillow. And it allows you to customize the hand feel of the body pillow to your preferences. Ready to find the best body pillow for your needs? Check out our roundup.
NTBAY Body Pillow Cover
- The envelope closure ensures that you’ll never find yourself pressed against an uncomfortable zipper. The microfiber fabric is soft to the touch.
- The pillow cover is available in tons of vibrant, solid colors, so it should be easy to find an option that matches your bedroom decor.
- Given the quality of this body pillow cover, it’s extremely budget-friendly.
- The pillowcase is machine-washable and dryer-friendly, which makes for easy home care.
- The fabric is on the thinner side, so if you have anything other than a plain white pillow it might show through the cover.
- Some users have said that the cover is prone to wrinkling, which might annoy some people.
Tons of vibrant color options make it easy to customize the NTBAY Body Pillow Cover to your bedroom decor. The budget-friendly cover is machine-washable and soft to the touch.
FLXXIE Microfiber Body Pillowcase
- The cover is available in a huge variety of solid colors, so you can tailor it to your taste preferences.
- This is a very budget-friendly body pillow cover.
- The microfiber fabric is soft and fairly breathable. The color seems to be fade-resistant after washings.
- The envelope closure reduces any discomfort that might be caused by a zipper.
- Some users have reported that certain colors might be prone to bleeding.
- The pillowcases are on the smaller side, so if you have an overstuffed body pillow it might be a tight squeeze.
The budget-friendly FLXXIE Microfiber Body Pillowcase is soft and fairly breathable. The envelope enclosure eliminates the risk of having a zipper pressed up against your skin.
EVOLIVE Ultra Soft Microfiber Body Pillow
- The zippered closure will appeal to people who want to ensure their pillow stays snug and secure inside its case.
- The cover is machine-washable and dryer-friendly.
- This is a budget-friendly body pillow cover.
- The material is soft to the touch and comes in several solid colors.
- The material is on the thin side, and some colors might be slightly transparent.
- Some users have noted that this might not be the most durable pillow cover over the long-term. In particular, the stitching might start to loosen over time.
Keep your body pillow snugly secured inside its cover with the zippered EVOLIVE Ultra Soft Microfiber Body Pillow. The machine-washable cover is soft to the touch.
American Pillowcase Egyptian Cotton Body Pillow Cover
- The pillow cover is made from long-staple, 540-thread-count, 100% Egyptian cotton. This makes the fabric both soft and durable.
- The cover is fairly oversized, so it should accommodate extra-long or overstuffed body pillows.
- Given the quality of the material, this is a very budget-friendly body pillow cover.
- This is a machine-washable pillow cover that should hold up well to washings. The manufacturer says it’s preshrunk, so it should retain its size.
- The cover only comes in five colors, so there might not be an option for every aesthetic preference.
- Some users have reported that the cover’s measurements aren’t exact.
A high thread count and 100% Egyptian cotton set the American Pillowcase Egyptian Cotton Body Pillow Cover apart. The soft, durable cover is surprisingly budget-friendly.
Nestl Bedding Body Pillow Case
- Where most of the pillow covers on this list come in a single pack, this comes in a set of two — and at a price that’s less than purchasing two of the other covers on this list.
- The covers are available in tons of solid colors, so you can customize the look to your bedroom.
- The brushed, tightly woven microfiber fabric is soft and pretty durable.
- The covers are machine-washable and dryer-friendly. The manufacturer claims they’re fade-, shrink-, and wrinkle-resistant.
- Some users have reported that certain colors don’t exactly match their online pictures.
- The fabric is on the thinner side, so dark-colored pillows or text on a pillow might show through the cover.
The Nestl Bedding Body Pillow Case’s soft, fade-resistant fabric and variety of color choices prove that you can find a bargain body pillow cover without sacrificing quality. The machine-washable covers come in a pack of two.
How We Picked
To narrow down our list of suggestions, we considered the following factors.
You’ll want to tailor your body pillow cover to your personal taste and bedroom decor, so we included options that together represent a huge range of color choices. There should be something for pretty much every aesthetic preference.
A body pillow cover is supposed to make it easier to keep your body pillow clean, so we focused on options that are machine-washable. This means that cleaning any of these pillowcases shouldn’t be a major hassle.
Body pillow covers can be secured around a body pillow in one of two ways: with an envelope closure or a zipper. Envelope closures protect you from any discomfort that might be caused by leaning into a zipper, while zippered closures ensure that the pillow stays snug inside the cover.
One isn’t necessarily better than the other, but different people have strong feelings about which they prefer. We included both styles of closure on this list so you can choose what suits you.
Body pillow covers shouldn’t break the bank, so we focused on options that deliver on quality without costing a ton. Virtually every option on this list should be budget-friendly.
Beyond aesthetics, this is one of the major distinguishing factors between different body pillow covers. Since most people enjoy snuggling up with their body pillows, it’s important that a cover makes this habit comfortable. For this reason, we prioritized options that are soft to the touch.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
To find the best body pillow cover for your needs, consider the following:
- What’s your fabric preference? Are you picky about using 100% cotton or brushed microfiber? If you have a strong preference about material, this will narrow down your choices quite a bit.
- What’s your color preference? If you want to stick to a particular color scheme, this can help you rule out options that don’t match with your decor.
- What’s your closure preference? Do you have strong feelings about envelope versus zipper closures? This will be a major distinguishing factor between different body pillow covers.
If you’ve invested in a body pillow, it’s important to protect that investment with a quality body pillow cover. To find the best one for your needs, consider your preferences when it comes to colors, materials, and closure styles. Once you’ve selected a body pillow cover, snuggling with your body pillow will become that much more enjoyable.