There are several good reasons to buy a bed runner, which is a lot like a table runner — only instead of draping vertically down your table, it drapes horizontally across your bed. Bed runners help protect your comforter or duvet from dirt, stains, and pets’ claws. Even if you’re not worried about protecting your bedspread, you might want a bed runner simply to add a touch of elegance to your sleep space.
Knowing why you want a runner can help you determine the best bed runner for your needs. For instance, if you’re trying to protect your bedspread from dirt, stains, or pets, then you might want to prioritize durability. If you just want to upgrade your bedroom decor, then let your eyes do the picking. Also consider whether you have strong preferences when it comes to materials, sizing, colors, cost, and so on. Then check out our roundup of best bed runners to kick off your search!
OSVINO Chenille Modern Bed Runner
- The runner comes in several sizes and five colors, so there’s room to customize the look to your bedroom decor. You can also choose to purchase matching throw pillow covers.
- The runner is machine- and hand-washable. The manufacturer says it’s fade-resistant.
- The Chenille fabric drapes well and is soft to the touch.
- This is a relatively budget-friendly bed runner.
One possible con? The “apple green” color might be a little closer to olive green in appearance.
The OSVINO Chenille Modern Bed Runner earns the Editor’s Choice distinction thanks to its soft hand feel and quality construction. The runner comes in several sizes and colors so you can customize it to your bedroom aesthetic.
Mengersi Solid Bed Runner Scarf
- The bed runner is made from cotton and is machine-washable.
- The runner comes in tons of solid colors, so it’s easy to find an option that matches your bedroom decor.
- The fabric is fairly heavy, so it has a nice drape and does a good job of staying flat.
- This is a fairly budget-friendly bed runner.
- Even though it’s made of cotton, some people might find the runner is a little rough to the touch.
- If you like a lot of drape from a bed runner, you might need to order a size up.
The budget-friendly Mengersi Solid Bed Runner Scarf comes in tons of solid colors, so you can easily tailor its look to your bedroom. The cotton fabric is fairly heavy and drapes well.
Best European Style
OSVINO European Style Bed Runner
- The European style runner features a shiny, satin-like finish and elegant designs to upgrade the look of any bed.
- The runner comes in multiple colors and three sizes, so there’s some room to customize the look to your existing bedroom decor. You can also opt to purchase matching throw pillow covers.
- The runner is machine- and hand-washable.
- If you like a lot of drape, you might need to order a size up.
- Because the runner has a satin-like finish, it might slip off the bed easily (especially if children or pets tend to leap on your bed).
An elegant, satin-like finish means the OSVINO European Style Bed Runner will make any bedroom feel more upscale. The machine-washable runner comes in multiple colors and sizes.
Parfair Dessin Burlap Jute Pattern Bed Runner
- The bed runner is made from Jute, a vegetable fiber known for being shiny, soft, and strong.
- The runner comes in 10 solid colors and four sizes, so you can customize it to your bed and decor.
- The fabric is fairly heavy and hemmed on all sides.
- It’s machine-washable.
- The runner is on the narrower side, which won’t appeal to everyone.
- The runner might not hold up super well in the wash.
While “burlap” might make you think of stiff, scratchy fabric, the Parfair Dessin Burlap Jute Pattern Bed Runner is actually fairly soft and shimmery. It comes in 10 solid colors and four sizes, so you can customize the look to your bedroom.
OctoRose Quilted Bed Runner
- Relative to other options, the bed runner is budget-friendly.
- The runner comes in six colors and multiple sizes, so you can tailor it to your bedroom aesthetic.
- It’s made with three layers: The top and bottom layers are made of micro suede, while the filling is 100% polyester.
- The micro suede is soft to the touch.
- Certain colors might not exactly match their pictures.
- The runner is pretty thin, so it doesn’t feel especially durable.
Enjoy a decent quality bed runner at an affordable price with the OctoRose Quilted Bed Runner, which features outer layers made from soft micro suede. The budget-friendly runner comes in six colors and multiple sizes.
How We Picked
To zero in on some of the best bed runners around, we considered the following.
Because one of the primary reasons for purchasing a bed runner is to upgrade the look of your bedroom, we emphasized bed runners that suit a diversity of tastes and color palettes. We included bed runners that feature a variety of designs, materials, colors, and so on. There should be something here to suit pretty much every taste.
Ease of Care
If you’re purchasing a bed runner to protect your comforter or duvet from stains, dirt, and so on, this probably means the runner itself will be exposed to said stains and dirt. So we prioritized options that are easy to care for at home via machine and/or hand-washing.
The materials that make up a bed runner can affect its feel, look, durability, and so on. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to materials, so we included a range of options for you to choose from. The list includes cotton, Jute, micro suede, polyester, and more.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Ready to find the best bed runner for you? Start by asking yourself the following:
- Why do you want a bed runner? If you’re trying to protect your bedspread, look for an option that’s durable and easy to clean. If you mostly want to add some elegance to your bed, then prioritize aesthetics.
- Do you have strong feelings about materials? Bed runners come in a range of materials including cotton, Jute, polyester, and more. If you have strong feelings about materials, this will help you narrow your search.
- What are your aesthetic preferences? Do you want a patterned bed runner (versus a solid color)? Do you have your heart set on a certain color? Knowing these preferences is a quick way to eliminate a lot of options.
The right bed runner can help protect your bedspread and/or add a touch of elegance to your sleep space. Find the best one for you by considering your functional needs, your budget, and your preferences when it comes to materials, sizing, colors, designs, and so on. Happy hunting!