Bed skirts can serve a variety of uses. Maybe you’re hoping to hide the items stashed under your bed, add a touch of elegance to your bedroom, or prevent dust bunnies from gathering under your sleeping surface. No matter your intentions for a bed skirt, you’ll find a variety of decent options all within a similar price range.
To decide on the right bed skirt for you, consider whether you prefer a ruffled, pleated, or eyelet design. Then decide whether you’d like a wrap-around option or one that is secured under or on top of the mattress. Finally, think about your color and sizing needs. Based on these criteria, you should be able to choose the right bed skirt for you from this comprehensive list.
MEILA Wrap-Around Elastic Solid Bed Skirt
- Ten color options let you customize the bed skirt to your room’s decor.
- The elastic trim makes it easy to put on and remove from your bed (no need to lift your mattress!) and offers some adjustability when it comes to sizing.
- The 16 inches of drop should make this long enough for most bed frames.
- The material is soft, strong, and easy to wash and iron.
- It only comes in two sizes (Twin/Full and Queen/King), which means you might have to contend with some extra fabric if your bed is on the smaller side of either option.
- You might need to purchase upholstery pins separately to ensure the skirt stays in place (especially if you’re using the Queen/King size on a Queen bed or the Twin/Full size on a Twin bed).
Ease of use, soft and durable materials, and ample color options earn the MEILA Wrap-Around Elastic Solid Bed Skirt the honor of Editor’s Choice. The 16-inch drop should accommodate most bed frames.
Biscaynebay Wrap-Around Bed Skirt
- The fabric is soft to the touch and has a silky aesthetic that adds a touch of elegance to any bedroom.
- The bed skirt is available in 20 color options, some of which are patterned instead of solid. It’s rare to find patterned bed skirts, and this offers several great options.
- The wrap-around design makes it easy to put on and remove this bed skirt. (Add some bed skirt pins to ensure a snug fit.)
- The fabric washes easily and stays fairly wrinkle-free.
- The material is pretty thin, so some colors may be on the transparent side. This also increases the risk of tears.
- Without bed skirt pins, the elastic is likely to stretch over time, which could cause sagging.
The Biscaynebay Wrap-Around Bed Skirt is our runner-up thanks to its silky-soft fabric, variety of color options, and easy-to-use design. The machine washable fabric does a nice job of staying wrinkle-free.
Best Split Corners
Shop Bedding Ruffled Bed Skirt with Split Corners
- If you have a bed frame with posts and don’t want to wrap the bed skirt around the outside of the frame, this bed skirt features slits at the corners to ensure an even drape.
- Nearly 20 color choices and multiple drop lengths provide tons of options for customizing the bed skirt to your bedroom decor.
- The skirt is made from a durable combination of cotton and polyester and should hold up over the long term.
- Machine washable fabric makes this bed skirt easy to care for.
- The color of the fabric might not be an exact match to the picture online.
- The bed skirt might arrive wrinkled due to its packaging, but a quick iron should take care of that.
Perfect for bed frames with posts, the Shop Bedding Ruffled Bed Skirt offers split corners to ensure a nice drape. Nearly 20 color choices and multiple drop length options make it easy to customize this bed skirt to your bedroom.
Fresh Ideas Bedding Eyelet Ruffled Bedskirt
- The material is soft to the touch and lays well to create a whimsical look.
- The manufacturer says the material is fade- and shrink-resistant, so it should hold up to long-term use.
- The brand also sells complementary pillow shams to create a cohesive look for your bed.
- The skirt is machine washable and easily de-wrinkled.
- The bed skirt only comes in four color options, so there’s not much room for customization.
- It only comes in a 14-inch drop, which may not be long enough for all bed frames.
Soft material combines with a delicate eyelet design to create a dainty and pretty aesthetic. The fade- and shrink-resistant skirt should maintain its shape and color for years to come.
EasyFit Wrap-Around Eyelet Ruffled Bed Skirt
- Choose from a 15- or 18-inch drop to customize the bed skirt to your bed frame.
- The wrap-around design makes it easy to put on and take off the bed skirt. Use bed skirt pins to ensure the skirt stays in place.
- The eyelet design is sewn carefully and offers a whimsical aesthetic.
- The machine washable fabric is easy to clean and care for.
- The bed skirt only comes in two sizes (Queen/King and Twin/Full), which means you might have to contend with extra fabric if your bed is on the smaller side of either of those options.
- The skirt only comes in two color options (white or ivory), and the thin material means these colors might be somewhat see-through.
A wrap-around design makes it easy to put on and take off the EasyFit Wrap-Around Eyelet Ruffled Bed Skirt, which features a delicate eyelet design. It comes in two drop sizes so you can achieve the perfect drape.
Empyrean Bedding Pleated Bed Skirt
- At less than $20, this is a great value.
- A variety of color and sizing options make it easy to tailor this bed skirt to anything from a Twin to a California King.
- The bed skirt comes with 8 bed skirt pins to help ensure that it stays in place.
- The material is hypoallergenic, antibacterial, and dust mite-resistant.
- The material is pretty thin, which increases the risk of tearing.
- The bed skirt might arrive wrinkled, though this is easy to address with an iron or by tossing the bed skirt into the dryer.
The budget-friendly Empyrean Bedding Pleated Bed Skirt comes in a range of color and sizing options to accommodate any bedroom. Unlike many bed skirts, it includes bed skirt pins to ensure a snug fit.
Bare Home Bed Skirt Double-Brushed Premium Microfiber
- Thirteen color choices and several sizing options make it easy to customize this bed skirt to your bed and bedroom.
- The bed skirt is OEKO-TEX certified, which means it’s free of harmful chemicals.
- The fabric that secures the bed skirt to the bed is the same as the fabric of the bed skirt, which makes this more durable than options that feature thinner fabric in the same area.
- The material is hypoallergenic and resistant to mildew, mold, and dust mites.
- The material is pretty thin, so some colors (such as white) might err toward the transparent side.
- Because your mattress holds the bed skirt in place, putting it on and taking it off can be a pain. Also, you may need to readjust the bed skirt every time you shift the mattress.
The Bare Home Bed Skirt is free of harmful chemicals thanks to the use of OEKO-TEX certified materials. The durable, hypoallergenic fabric is resistant to mildew, mold, and dust mites and comes in a variety of colors.
How We Picked
There are a lot of bed skirt options out there, and many of them are around the same price range. To shrink the list of possible options, we took the following into account.
This is probably the biggest factor that distinguishes different bed skirt options, and it all comes down to personal preference.
Some bed skirts are pleated, others are ruffled, and others feature an eyelet design. There are also tons of color options and (more rarely) patterned options to choose from.
We included a variety of options so you can choose the bed skirt that best matches your bedroom decor.
Virtually all of the bed skirts on this list are around $30 or less; some of them cost as little as $15. Within this relatively small price range, you should be able to find plenty of decent options. We included bed skirts from both ends of the range to accommodate different budgets.
Ease of Use
All bed skirts serve the same basic function: They cover up the space between your mattress/bed frame and the floor. Beyond that, the primary distinction between different options is whether they do that by wrapping around the bed or by draping over or under the mattress.
Wrap-around options are a lot easier to put on and take off, though they may be a little more prone to slippage and sagging. Other options can stay in place better but require moving the mattress every time you put them on or take them off. We included both types on this list so you can choose what most appeals.
Bed skirts can be made from a variety of materials, including cotton, polyester, and microfiber. The materials used in a given skirt can have an impact on the way it drapes, its durability, and whether it’s hypoallergenic and/or dust mite-resistant. We included bed skirts made from a variety of materials so you can choose what suits you best.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Ready to finish your bed skirt hunt? Zero in on the right bed skirt for you by asking yourself the following questions:
- What are your aesthetic preferences? Some people like the delicate look of an eyelet design, while others like their bed skirts ruffled and still others prefer a crisp, pleated look. And some people want a traditional color (such as gray or white), while others want something a little more out of the box. This is purely a matter of personal preference.
- How do you want to secure the bed skirt? If ease of use is important to you, opt for a wrap-around skirt. If you don’t mind moving your mattress each time you need to put on or remove the bed skirt, then you’ll have a wider selection to choose from.
- How tall is your bed? This will tell you what to look for in terms of drop length. Since the point of a bed skirt is to fill in the space between the mattress/bed frame and the floor, measure carefully so you don’t wind up with a skirt that’s too short.
By considering your aesthetic and functional preferences alongside the height of your bed, you should be able to narrow in on the right bed skirt for your needs. No matter whether you prefer a pleated, eyelet, or ruffled design, this list has got something for every taste.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Best Comforters - October 12, 2019
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019