Tired of cluttered bedside tables? Sick of waking up to find glasses and other small items mixed into your bedding? Then it might be time to consider a bedside storage caddy. These products hang from a bed frame, headboard, or between a box spring and mattress. They typically feature several pockets that can hold a variety of items including phones, tablets, books, magazines, glasses, TV remotes, medications, small laptops (in some cases), and so on.
So how does one go about selecting the best bedside storage caddy for their personal needs? First, think about what exactly needs to be stored in a caddy. This will help determine how many pockets are necessary (and what sizes those pockets need to be). Also consider whether you want to hang the caddy from a headboard or bed frame or secure it between a box spring and mattress; not all caddies will work in all positions. Then consult this roundup to kick off a caddy search!
Zafit Bedside Storage Organizer
- The caddy is made from strong materials including Oxford cloth and leather. It should be sturdy enough to hold several items at once.
- The organizer comes in seven colors, so there’s some room to tailor the look to a bedroom’s decor.
- It has two cloth pockets and four mesh pockets, so there are several storage options for different items such as a phone, journal, reading glasses, tablet, flashlight, magazines, and so on.
One possible con? The caddy might arrive with a strong odor.
The sturdy Zafit Bedside Storage Organizer is made from strong materials and features a whopping six pockets. The caddy comes in seven colors, so it’s easy to tailor to a bedroom’s color scheme.
Life is Beautiful Bedside Caddy
- The caddy comes in eight colors, so it’s possible to customize the look to a bedroom’s aesthetic.
- The organizer is made from double-layer felt that’s designed to be sturdy enough for holding books, magazines, tablets, or a 14” laptop.
- The felt material is soft and should prevent scratches on tablets, phones, etc. It also features two holes for charging cables.
- The caddy comes with multiple hook and loop fasteners to help ensure a secure fit.
- Compared to other organizers, this caddy is on the pricier side.
- The pockets may not be large enough for thick books.
The felted Life is Beautiful Bedside Caddy is soft enough to protect phones and tablets from scratches, yet sturdy enough to hold a variety of items. The caddy comes with several fasteners to ensure a secure fit.
MDSTOP Bedside Caddy
- The organizer features a large compartment and three smaller mesh pockets that are designed to hold a tablet, phone, book, glasses, and so on.
- The caddy is waterproof, which helps protect its contents from accidental spills.
- It comes in six colors, so there’s some room for customizing the look to a bedroom.
- This is a relatively budget-friendly bedside storage caddy.
One con? Depending on the mattress, the caddy might slip out from between the mattress and box spring. You might need to use a material such as duct tape to hold it in place.
The budget-friendly MDSTOP Bedside Caddy features a large compartment and three see-through mesh pockets that make it easy to locate frequently used items. It comes in six colors and is waterproof to help protect against spills.
ILOVESHOP Bedside Storage Organizer
- The caddy is made from Oxford fabric, which is fairly strong and durable.
- It has one large pocket and three mesh pockets to hold a variety of items.
- This is a very budget-friendly bedside storage caddy.
- It’s designed to work on a headboard, bed rails, or between a box spring and mattress.
One con? If the caddy is loaded with items, it might not do a great job of staying in place. It will probably work best for storing fewer items.
The budget-friendly ILOVESHOP Bedside Storage Organizer is designed to secure to a headboard, bed rails, or between a box spring and mattress. It’s made from sturdy and durable Oxford fabric.
Meeall Bedside Caddy
- This is an extremely budget-friendly bedside caddy.
- The caddy is made from sturdy Oxford cloth.
- It features one large pocket and three mesh pockets for storing a variety of items.
- The caddy is designed to fit between a box spring and mattress or hang from a bed frame.
- The stitching might be prone to wear and tear over time.
- If the caddy is filled up, it might slip out from between the box spring and mattress.
The very budget-friendly Meeall Bedside Caddy features a no-nonsense design made from sturdy Oxford cloth. It can hang from between a box spring and mattress or from a bed frame.
How We Picked
To select our contenders for best bedside storage caddy, we emphasized the following criteria.
A bedside caddy should be able to hold several items, so we eliminated options that seemed like they weren’t up to the task of holding more than one item at a time. We also prioritized options made from durable fabrics that should hold up to long-term use.
We included caddies with a variety of designs to serve different functions. Some have just a few pockets, while some have four or six. Some have several smaller pockets, while others have larger compartments. Some can hold items up to the size of a thin book or tablet, while others can hold items as large as a 14” laptop. We included caddies with a range of functions to suit different people’s personal needs.
Most bedside storage caddies hang from between a box spring and mattress, but some have different securing mechanisms. For instance, some caddies are designed to hang from a headboard or bed frame. We’ve included options with different securing mechanisms to suit a variety of mattresses and preferences.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Looking to settle on the best bedside storage caddy for your needs? Consider the following:
- Securing mechanism. Some bedside storage caddies hang from a bed frame or headboard, while others are secured between a box spring and mattress. A preference on this front can rule out a lot of options.
- What will be stored. Trying to store a laptop? Then find an option with a compartment specifically designed for that purpose. Looking to secure lots of small items? Consider caddies with several smaller pockets.
- Color preferences. Bedside caddies can come in a range of colors, but not all brands feature the same options. Strong preferences around color can narrow down the list of options.
A bedside storage caddy can tame bedroom clutter and make it easier to find frequently used items such as reading glasses, medications, magazines, and so on. To settle on the best caddy for you, think about what needs to be stored as well as your preferences when it comes to the color, pocket design, and securing mechanisms for the caddy. Soon enough you’ll be enjoying a neater, more convenient bed space!
What are bedside storage caddies used for?
A bedside storage caddy can be used to reduce clutter on bedside tables. It helps organize small items including books, magazines, phones, tablets, reading glasses, TV remotes, and so on. It can also reduce time spent looking for these items by providing them with a consistent storage place.
How do you secure a bedside storage caddy?
Most bedside storage caddies have a thin flap that slides between the box spring and mattress, and the friction between the box spring and mattress helps hold it in place. Some caddies have fasteners that secure to a bed frame or headboard.
Can a bedside storage caddy hold a laptop?
Some bedside storage caddies have a compartment that’s large enough to secure a laptop, but not all of them do. If you’re trying to store a laptop at your bedside, look for a caddy that’s designed for that purpose. Also be sure to measure your laptop; most bedside storage caddies can only hold 14” laptops or smaller.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020