Few things are as delightful as cuddling up under a soft, fuzzy blanket when there’s a chill in the air. (We’d go so far as to say this is one of the best parts of winter!) Fuzzy blankets can also add a pop of color to your bedroom, replace more conventional bedding options, or pull together the decor in your bedroom and/or living room.
How do you find the best fuzzy blanket for your needs? In our opinion, you should prioritize comfort above all else. After all, nobody wants to snuggle under a scratchy blanket! Beyond comfort, it’s also helpful to consider your aesthetic preferences, budget, and functional needs. Then consult this list to find the right fuzzy blanket for you.
LOMAO Sherpa Fleece Blanket
- The blanket comes in five color options and four sizes, so you can customize it to your bedroom.
- The reversible blanket offers softness and comfort on both sides. One side has an elegant Jacquard design, while the other side is plain fleece.
- The blanket is machine washable and should hold up well to washings.
- Given the elegant look and soft comfort of this blanket, it’s surprisingly budget-friendly.
It’s hard to come up with a con for this blanket! Some people might feel that the Jacquard design doesn’t suit their decor, but that’s purely a matter of personal preference.
An elegant, super-cozy design earns the LOMOA Sherpa Fleece Blanket the title of Editor’s Choice. Choose from five colors and four sizes to customize the blanket to your bedroom and needs.
Genteele Sherpa Throw Blanket
- The blanket is incredibly soft and cozy. And it’s reversible, so it offers the same soft feel on both sides.
- The blanket is machine washable and easy to care for.
- The blanket comes in six colors and five sizes, so it’s easy to tailor to your needs.
- Given how soft and comfy this blanket is, it provides great value for a surprisingly low price.
- The blanket might produce some fuzz that sticks to the blanket, your clothes, or furniture.
- The blanket is on the thinner side, so if you’re looking for a big, thick blanket, this might not suit your tastes.
The reversible Genteele Sherpa Throw Blanket is easy to care for and maintains its softness. Six colors and five size options are available for a surprisingly low price.
Best Faux Fur
Tache Polar Faux Fur Sherpa Throw Blanket
- The blanket is available in a variety of colors, sizes, and patterns so you can tailor it to your bedroom.
- The reversible, faux fur design is extra fluffy and cozy.
- The blanket has a little more heft to it than some options on this list, so it’s ideal for people who prefer heavier blankets.
- The blanket is machine washable.
- Some of the colors might not match their pictures exactly.
- The blanket might shed some lint onto furniture or clothing.
Feel like you’re cuddled up with a polar bear (only without the threat of mauling!) in the Tache Polar Faux Fur Sherpa Throw Blanket. The reversible design is soft, fluffy, and heavy enough for cold nights.
Best Color Selection
Life Comfort All-Season Blanket
- It’s available in a huge range of colors, patterns, and even textures (e.g. corduroy, plaid, solid colors, and so on).
- The blanket is thick and soft. It should be warm enough for cold-weather snuggling.
- At 60 X 70 inches in size, the blanket should be large enough to comfortably cover your whole body and some beds.
- The blanket is machine washable. Be sure to hang dry if you want to preserve its fluffiness.
- The fuzzy side might shed a bit.
- The blanket might become less soft over time and after lots of washes (but this shouldn’t happen for some time).
There’s a color or pattern option for everyone in the form of the Life Comfort All-Season Blanket. The thick blanket is a generous 60 X 70 inches in size.
HoroM Sherpa Throw Blanket
- The blanket is available in three sizes, including an oversized option that’s 90 X 90 inches.
- The reversible design features flannel on one side and plush thermal Sherpa on the other. Both sides should be very soft and cozy.
- The lightweight design provides some extra warmth and comfort without overpowering you.
- Some users have reported that the blankets they received had slightly different dimensions than what is advertised.
- The colors may not be exactly true to their photos.
Use the oversized HoroM Sherpa Throw Blanket in place of a comforter on your bed or for family snuggle sessions. The reversible design features flannel on one side and plush thermal Sherpa on the other.
Kingole Throw Blanket
- This is the most budget-friendly of every option on this list.
- The blanket offers soft, plush comfort.
- The lightweight blanket should be functional year-round, because it won’t make you super hot in the warmer months.
- It’s available in 12 different solid colors, so you can tailor the blanket to your bedroom decor. The color shouldn’t fade after washings.
- This is a budget blanket, so it might not be the most durable. Some users have reported that the stitching might wear out over time.
- The blanket is thin and lightweight, so it might not be ideal if you’re looking for an ultra-warm blanket for the winter.
Enjoy soft, plush comfort at an affordable price with the Kingole Throw Blanket. Twelve color options ensure you can match the blanket to your bedroom decor.
How We Picked
When it comes to evaluating a fuzzy blanket, we have a pretty singular focus: Is it comfortable? We only selected blankets that are soft, cozy, plush, and comfy. There’s simply no point investing in a fuzzy blanket that’s anything else!
Beyond comfort, we also considered the following.
Everybody has different design preferences when it comes to the aesthetics of their bedroom or living room, so we included blankets in a variety of styles and colors so there’d be something for pretty much everyone.
No matter your color preferences or whether you prefer the look of flannel, faux fur, corduroy, or something else, you should find what you’re looking for on this list.
The blankets on this list are all under $60, and some are under $20. We included options from across this price range so you could find a blanket that is suited to your budget.
Every bedroom is different, and that means any fuzzy blanket roundup should accommodate different needs. This list includes reversible blankets, smaller blankets, oversized throws, and everything in between. Select what works best for your own bedroom and your preferred blanket use.
Some people prefer to feel swaddled beneath a heavy blanket, while others prefer the feel of a lightweight blanket. Weight can also affect warmth; if you live in a warm climate, you might prefer a lighter-weight blanket, while people who are looking for a fuzzy blanket for the winter might want an extra-warm or heavy blanket.
We included blankets of different weights so you can choose what best suits your needs.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Ready to find the best fuzzy blanket for your needs? Zero in on the right blanket for you by asking yourself the following:
- Why do you want a blanket? Are you planning to replace your comforter with a fuzzy blanket? Then make sure you get one large enough for your bed. Do you want something to snuggle under while sitting on your favorite chair? Maybe consider a smaller throw. Are you looking to add a pop of color to your bedroom? Choose accordingly.
- What are your sizing needs? Nobody wants to pull a soft blanket up to their chin, only to have their feet pop out from the bottom. Make sure you think about your size and the size of the furniture where you’re planning to throw the blanket so you can find the right fit.
- What are your aesthetic preferences? Consider the style of throw that you’re looking for: Do you want a solid color, or plaid design? Do you like the look of corduroy, or do you prefer a faux fur aesthetic? Answering these questions will help you rule out various options.
Finding the best fuzzy blanket for you is like finding a new friend. That blanket will be with you on cold nights, during snuggle sessions with your partner, and while you’re curled up with a favorite book or TV show. Choose wisely, and you’ll enjoy soft, cuddly comfort for years to come.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Best Comforters - October 12, 2019
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019