There’s something really nostalgic about patchwork quilts, which might explain why some people can’t live without them. While all patchwork quilts have the whole “patchwork” thing in common, they can still vary widely when it comes to color palettes, design, weight, and so on. There’s an option for most tastes underneath the patchwork umbrella!
If you’re in the market for a new patchwork quilt, then it’s important to put some thought into your search. Consider your budget alongside your preferences when it comes to color palettes, patchwork patterns, weight, climate (e.g. do you need a lightweight quilt or a warm, heavy one?), and so on. Then check out our roundup of best patchwork quilts to get started on your search.
Cozy Line Home Fashions Patchwork Quilt Bedding Set
- The set comes in a wide variety of vibrant colors, so it’s easy to tailor the look to your personal aesthetic.
- The quilt comes with two shams, so you can coordinate the look of your whole bed.
- Both the shell and filling are 100% cotton.
- The set is machine-washable and dryer-friendly.
One possible con? If you like a lot of drape on your bed, you’ll probably need to order a size up.
Choose from an impressive variety of patchwork designs and color palettes with the 100% cotton Cozy Line Home Fashions Patchwork Quilt Bedding Set. The quilt comes with two shams to create a coordinated look.
Greenland Home Cotton Patchwork Quilt Set
- The quilt comes as part of a two-, three-, four-, or five-piece set. The three-piece set includes a quilt and two shams, while the five-piece set includes the quilt, two shams, and two decorative pillows.
- The patchwork features a colorful, floral design. It’s reversible (the other side features a Jacobean print), so you get two pattern choices for the price of one.
- Each quilted block has bound edges to help prevent fraying.
- The set only comes in one color/pattern option, so you don’t have aesthetic choices.
- If you like a lot of drape on your bed, you’ll probably need to order a size up.
Get two designs for the price of one with the reversible Greenland Home Cotton Patchwork Quilt Set, which features a floral design on one side and Jacobean print on the other. The quilted blocks have bound edges to help prevent frays.
Greenland Home Antique Patchwork Quilt Set
- The set comes in a floral pattern that will make you feel like you’re sleeping in a garden (minus the dirt).
- The quilt comes in a two-, three-, four-, or five-piece set. The three-piece set consists of a quilt and two shams; the five-piece has the quilt, two shams, and two decorative pillows.
- The set is made from 100% cotton.
- The quilt is sort of small. If you like a lot of drape over your bed, you’ll probably need to order a size up.
- The quilt is on the thinner side, which won’t appeal to everyone.
The Greenland Home Antique Patchwork Quilt Set is made from 100% cotton and features a classic floral design. Choose from a two-, three-, four-, or five-piece set.
Most Summery Colors
Oliven Plaid Patchwork Quilt Set
- While many patchwork quilts come in darker colors, this one features a light, bright design to add a pop of cheer to your bedroom year round. (There are also three other color options.)
- The quilt is reversible, so you get two color palettes for the price of one.
- The quilt comes in a three-piece set that also includes two pillowcases with zipper closures.
- The quilt is 100% cotton. Closed box, double stitching helps hold the filling in place and prevent frayed seams.
One downside? Some users have reported that certain colors might bleed a bit in the wash.
A bright, cheerful design distinguishes the Oliven Plaid Patchwork Quilt Set, which is 100% cotton and reversible. Closed box stitching helps hold the filling in place to prevent cold spots.
Tache Patchwork Quilt Bedspread Set
- The quilt comes as part of a three-piece set that also includes two shams. The quilt lining is made from 100% cotton.
- The set comes in four unique patchwork patterns/color palettes.
- The quilt is lightweight, which means it should stay comfortable year-round.
- It’s machine-washable and dryer-friendly.
- The set is pretty pricey, and it won’t be affordable for all budgets.
- Because of how the quilt is constructed, the manufacturer says the size can vary by as much as two inches.
If you like the look of patchwork but live in a warmer climate, consider the Tache Patchwork Quilt Bedspread Set. The lightweight quilt comes with two shams and in four unique patterns.
Eddie Bauer Fairview Cotton Reversible Quilt Set
- In the world of patchwork quilts, this set offers great quality for a relatively bargain price — especially considering that you get two shams along with the quilt.
- The quilt is machine-washable, and the manufacturer says it’s preshrunk.
- The quilt is 100% cotton and reversible, so you get two color schemes for the price of one.
- The quilt is pretty warm without being overly heavy.
One downside? The colors might not exactly match their pictures.
Get great value for a bargain-friendly price with the Eddie Bauer Fairview Cotton Reversible Quilt Set, which includes a patchwork quilt and two pillow shams. The quilt is warm, 100% cotton, and reversible.
How We Picked
Curious about how we selected our top picks for best patchwork quilts? Here’s an overview of the criteria that we applied to our search.
You’ll notice that every option on this list isn’t just a standalone quilt but also comes with two pillow shams (and possibly some extra additions). This way, you can create a cohesive look for your bed without having to compare color swatches in the aisles of a big box store.
Patchwork quilts can come in a ton of colors and designs, and everyone has different preferences for what they like best. The options in our roundup represent a huge range of patterns and color palettes so you can choose according to your bedroom decor and aesthetic preferences.
If you’re using a patchwork quilt on your bed, then you’re going to need to wash it occasionally. For this reason, we prioritized options that are machine-washable and dryer-friendly to make caring for your quilt as hassle-free as possible.
A quality patchwork quilt can range in price from around $65 to well over $150. That’s a big range! We included options across that spectrum so you can find a quilt that matches your budget.
Some patchwork quilts are heavy and warm, while others are lightweight. Depending on your climate or the time of year when you intend to use the quilt, one option might suit you more than another. We included both warm and lightweight options so you can choose based on your needs.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Trying to find the best patchwork quilt for you bedroom? Consider the following:
- What are your aesthetic preferences? By far, this is the biggest factor distinguishing one patchwork quilt from another. If you have strong feelings about patterns or colors, that’s a quick way to rule out a lot of options.
- Do you need a lightweight quilt or a heavy one? Depending on your climate or the time of year, you might need a heavy, warm quilt or a lighter-weight one. This is another effective way to narrow your search.
- What’s your budget? Because patchwork quilts can range widely in price, clarifying your budget can be a simple way to refine your search.
A pretty patchwork quilt set can create a cohesive, vintage look for your bedroom and inspire fuzzy feelings of nostalgia. By taking the time to find the right patchwork quilt for your needs and aesthetic preferences, you’ll enjoy a cozy bedroom environment for years to come.