If you’re looking for a quick way to upgrade your bedroom, consider investing in a comforter set. Comforter sets typically include a comforter and two shams for extra pillows. (In rare cases, they also include sheets and pillowcases.) This helps create a tied-together aesthetic while adding a pop of color or an interesting pattern to your bedroom decor.
How do you find the best comforter set for your needs? Make sure you consider your aesthetic preferences, budget, climate, and sleeping preferences. For instance, do you like to snuggle under a hefty blanket, or do you prefer something more lightweight? Do you want a solid pop of color, or are you looking for a modern pattern? The answers to these and other questions will help you narrow down your options, and so will this list of best Queen-sized comforter sets.
Bare Home Comforter Set
- The set comes in a variety of solid colors so you can tailor it to your preferences. The manufacturer says the colors are fade-resistant.
- The comforter features a box stitch to help hold the filling in place so that it doesn’t shift around or get bumpy.
- It’s machine washable and dryer-friendly, which makes it easy to care for at home.
- The set is budget-friendly.
- The comforter only comes in three sizes (Twin/TwinXL, Full/Queen, and King/California King). If your bed is on the larger side of one of those options, then you might find there’s not as much overhang as you’d like.
- Some users have reported that a lot of lint comes off the comforter set in the wash.
Vibrant colors and a classic, versatile box stitch design make the Bare Home Comforter Set stand out. The set is easy to care for and surprisingly budget-friendly.
Wake In Cloud Comforter Set
- It’s available in several modern patterns that should jive with a range of bedroom color schemes.
- The outer layer is made of 100% cotton instead of polyester.
- The comforter is relatively fluffy and warm without being heavy or too hot.
- The set is machine washable and dryer-friendly, so it’s easy to take care of.
- This is pricier than some of the other options on this list and might not be accessible to all budgets.
- You might need to order a size up in order to get a lot of overhang.
A variety of pretty, modern pattern options set the Wake In Cloud Comforter Set apart. The fluffy comforter’s outer cover is made from soft, 100% cotton.
Most Comprehensive Set
AmazonBasics 8-Piece Comforter Bedding Set
- While many comforter sets only include a comforter and two pillow shams, this one also includes a complementary flat sheet, a fitted sheet, two pillowcases, and a bedskirt.
- The materials are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means they’re free of certain harmful substances.
- Given how many pieces are included in this set, it’s very budget-friendly.
- The set comes in 9 different patterns so you can tailor it to your design preferences.
- The fabric isn’t the softest (it’s polyester), so keep that in mind if softness is a priority for you.
- The set is only available in patterns and not solid colors, which might not appeal to everyone.
Get 8 pieces instead of the usual 3 via the AmazonBasics 8-Piece Comforter Bedding Set. It’s free of harmful chemicals and comes in 9 patterned design options.
Best Pinch Pleat
Double Needle 3-Piece Pinch Pleat Comforter Set
- The set is available in 14 solid colors, so you can customize it to your bedroom decor.
- The comforter is soft, fluffy, and filled with hypoallergenic polyester.
- The pinched pleat aesthetic adds a touch of formality to any bedroom.
- The comforter is relatively lightweight and breathable, so it should be comfortable in most seasons.
- This isn’t the most budget-friendly option, and it won’t be accessible to everyone.
- The comforter might not have as much overhang as some people might like, so you may want to consider ordering a size up. (Be aware that this will increase the price a bit.)
Add a touch of elegance to your bedroom with the Double Needle 3-Piece Pinch Pleat Comforter Set. The lightweight, breathable comforter should stay comfortable in warmer temps.
HIG 3pc Down Alternative Comforter Set
- This is a very budget-friendly comforter set (almost as cheap as our Best Bargain).
- The reversible design means you get two color options for the price of one, so you can change up the look of your bedroom based on the seasons or your mood.
- The material is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means it doesn’t contain certain harmful chemicals.
- Box stitching helps hold the hypoallergenic down alternative fill in place to promote breathability and protect against bunching.
- The comforter is pretty thin, so it might not keep you warm in colder temps.
- If you like a lot of overhang, you’ll probably need to order a size up.
Get two colors for the price of one thanks to the HIG 3pc Down Alternative Comforter Set. The budget-friendly set features box stitching to hold the down alternative fill in place.
Homelike Moment Lightweight Comforter Set
- The comforter is filled with a soft, breathable, and hypoallergenic down alternative.
- The comforter comes in three reversible colors, so you can get two color options for the price of one. It’s also available in plain white.
- It’s machine washable and dryer-friendly, so it’s easy to care for at home.
- The materials are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means the set is free of certain harmful substances.
- The comforter is on the thin side, so it might not be ideal for extra-cold temps.
- This is a budget comforter set, which means it might not be the longest lasting.
Enjoy soft, breathable comfort in the budget-friendly Homelike Moment Lightweight Comforter Set. The materials are certified to be free of harmful chemicals.
How We Picked
We focused exclusively on Queen-sized comforter sets for this roundup, but the options on this list also come in other sizes. So you’re not excluded if you don’t have a Queen bed!
Beyond size, we also considered the following.
Comforter sets can come in a range of colors, patterns, and design styles (such as pinch pleat or box stitch). We included a variety of options so you can tailor the aesthetic to your bedroom decor.
“Comfort” is a subjective term, of course, but it’s important to consider when shopping for any type of bedding.
We took comfort into account by looking for comforter sets that are relatively soft. We also looked for comforters that should be fairly breathable so they don’t cause overheating. And we included both lighter and heavier-weight comforters to accommodate different preferences and climates.
Comforter sets can range from under $40 to over $100. The sets on this list are mostly on the lower end of that range, so there should be an option for most budgets.
Ease of Use
Hauling a comforter to a laundromat or the dry cleaner can be a pain in the butt, so we prioritized comforters that can be washed and dried at home. This makes it a lot easier to maintain the cleanliness of your bedroom!
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Ready for a new comforter set? Ask yourself these questions to find the best option for you:
- What’s your weight preference? Do you want a lightweight comforter for cooler months, a heavier weight comforter for the winter, or something that will keep you comfortable year-round? The answers to these questions will help you rule out a lot of options.
- What are your aesthetic preferences? Do you want a solid color, a reversible comforter, a floral pattern, or something else? Do you prefer the look of pinched pleats, box stitch, or another option? Think about what best suits your bedroom decor and choose accordingly.
- What’s your budget? Comforter sets can range dramatically in price, so think about what will fit into your price point. Also consider how many pieces are included in the set, because that can affect how much value you get for your buck.
A new comforter set can spruce up your bedroom and keep you comfortable no matter the climate. Think about your budget, aesthetic preferences, and functional needs, and you’ll be sure to find the best queen comforter set for your bedroom.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Best Comforters - October 12, 2019
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019