Few things are as delightful as cozying up in a comfortable robe. Which is why it’s so important to find the best robe for you. To do that, you’ll want to take a few factors into account — including your budget, aesthetic preferences, and whether you need a robe for warmth or you’re looking to stay comfortable in a hotter climate.
Because robes are primarily about comfort, it’s hard to be certain that you’ve found the right one until you’ve tried it on and felt that “ahhh, yes” moment. Still, you can increase the odds of a successful robe hunt by considering any of the great options on this list. No matter your gender, budget, or stylistic preferences, there’s a great robe out there for everyone.
Best Women’s Fleece
Alexander Del Rossa Women’s Plush Fleece Robe
- The robe is soft, warm, and very comfortable for lounging.
- It’s available in a variety of colors and patterns, so you can customize the aesthetic to your personal preferences.
- Two large pockets make it easy to stash a phone or keep your hands warm in chilly weather.
- Inner and outer ties help protect against wardrobe malfunctions.
- This isn’t a budget option and might not fit with everyone’s price point.
- The robe is pretty long, so petite people may find that it swallows them up.
Cozy up in the soft and warm Alexander Del Rossa Women’s Plush Fleece Robe, which features large pockets and inner and outer ties to seamlessly blend comfort with functionality. A variety of color choices let you tailor the robe to your aesthetic.
Women’s Fleece Contender
Richie House Women’s Fleece Bathrobe
- The robe is available at different price points to accommodate different budgets.
- It’s offered in a ton of colors and patterns, so you can customize it to your personal aesthetic.
- The fabric is plush and soft. Combined with the oversized collar, it create a cozy experience.
- Two oversized pockets let you carry small items hands-free.
- The seams might not be durable enough to hold up to long-term use.
- Some users have reported that the robe is prone to shedding lint.
Plush fabric and luxurious detailing makes the Richie House Women’s Fleece Bathrobe feel more expensive than it actually is. Choose from a ton of colors and patterns to find the perfect robe for you.
Best Women’s Bargain
M&M Mymoon Women’s Fleece Robe
- This is a budget-friendly robe that offers great value for the price.
- The robe is soft, warm, and comfy — perfect for lounging around the house or cozying up on cold days.
- Inner and outer ties help you fit the robe to your shape and keep it securely closed.
- Two large pockets let you stash small items or warm up your hands.
- It may stiffen up or develop pills after repeated washings.
- The robe is pretty warm, so it might not be ideal for hotter climates or seasons.
A classic design and comfy fit make the M&M Mymoon Women’s Fleece Robe a great value for the price. Both inner and outer ties help you avoid wardrobe malfunctions.
Best Women’s Short Robe
TowelSelections Women’s Robe
- The robe is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means it doesn’t contain certain harmful substances.
- The material is warm, absorbent, and soft to the touch.
- It comes in several rich color options that should be true to their pictures.
- The short length is ideal for warmer seasons or climates (without sacrificing coziness).
- The sleeve openings are pretty wide, which can let in drafts.
- Some users have reported that the robe might not run true to size.
Cozy up without overheating in the short TowelSelections Women’s Robe, which lets your legs stay cool. The soft material is free of harmful chemicals.
Best Women’s Lightweight Robe
TowelSelections Kimono Waffle Bathrobe
- The lightweight material should make this robe appropriate for all-weather, year-round use.
- The materials in the robe are OEKO-TEX certified, meaning they don’t contain certain harmful chemicals.
- The robe is made from durable materials that should hold up to washings and long-term use.
- The sleek aesthetic is likely to appeal to people who don’t like fluffy, oversized robes.
- The robe tends to run large and may not be true to size.
- The material is pretty thick, so the robe doesn’t fold down very well. This means it’s probably not ideal for travel.
Wrap yourself up in the sleek and lightweight TowelSelections Kimono Waffle Bathrobe, which should stay comfortable year-round. The durable materials are free of harmful chemicals.
Best Men’s Robe
Monarch/Cypress Plush Lined Microfiber Spa Robe
- The robe’s microfiber lining is soft, smooth, and plush and creates a sense of luxury.
- The durable material features industrial-strength seams and a closed bottom hem, which should protect against pills and tears and ensure the robe holds up to long-term use.
- The heavy drape keeps you warm in cold conditions and lies well while you’re moving about or lounging.
- The robe features thoughtful details in the form of two patch pockets, a breast pocket, a hanger loop, and double belt loops.
- This is a luxury robe, and the price reflects that. It won’t be accessible to all budgets.
- The robe features shoulder pads, which might not jive with everyone’s style or fit preferences.
Luxury awaits anyone who dons the Monarch/Cypress Plush Lined Microfiber Spa Robe, which features a durable and spa-worthy design. Thoughtful details include a breast pocket, hanger loop, double belt loops, and two patch pockets.
Best Men’s Fleece
NY Threads Luxurious Men’s Fleece Bathrobe
- This is a budget-friendly robe that offers great value for the price.
- The shawl collar and the soft, plush material make this a comfortable, cozy option.
- The adjustable waist belt lets you customize the fit to your body and helps prevent wardrobe malfunctions. The length means you shouldn’t have to worry about drafts.
- Two front pockets let you stash small items for hands-free carrying.
- The robe only comes in two sizes, so it might not offer the perfect fit for everyone. In particular, the robe might run short on taller folks.
- The material is pretty heavy, which might not appeal to everyone.
The cozy NY Threads Luxurious Men’s Fleece Bathrobe offers great value and comfort at a budget-friendly price point. The detailing includes a shawl collar, adjustable waist belt, and two front pockets.
Best Men’s Bargain
NY Threads Men’s Hooded Robe
- The colors are rich and should be true to the pictures.
- The material is soft, warm, and absorbent, and it should stay soft even after washing.
- The two front pockets are very roomy and make it easy to carry small items or warm up your hands.
- This is a very budget-friendly robe.
- Because this is a low-budget robe, it might not hold up to long-term use.
- The robe is only available in two sizes, so it might be tough to achieve a perfect fit.
Save dough without sacrificing comfort in the NY Threads Men’s Hooded Robe. The warm and absorbent materials should stay soft even after repeated washings.
How We Picked
When it comes to robes, most people prioritize one factor above all else: comfort. While this is partly a matter of personal preference, we focused a lot on “the comfort factor” while making our selections. But that’s not the only thing we considered. Here are the other main factors we took into account while making this list.
There’s a lot of diversity when it comes to the materials and detailing of robes, and a robe’s construction can affect how comfortable and/or functional it feels.
The materials used to construct a given robe can have a big influence on how soft and/or warm it is. Some robes are made from polyester, while others are made from cotton, microfiber, flannel, silky materials, or a combination thereof. Depending on your climate and your personal preferences, you might prefer one material over another. We included different options so you can find the right one for you.
Construction can also refer to a robe’s detailing. For instance, some robes contain waist-level pockets, while others have breast pockets. Some robes include inner and outer ties, while others only have one waist belt. And some robes feature distinct collars, while others have a sleeker design. No option is better or worse than another; it’s all about personal preference. This list includes robes with different detailing options so you can choose your favorite.
Depending on whether you’re looking for a bargain option or you’re trying to bring spa-like luxury home with you, the cost of robes can vary widely. This list includes options between $20 and $100 so you can choose accordingly.
Like comfort, style is largely a matter of personal preference. Some robes are big and fluffy, while others are sleek and trim. Some feature collars and pockets, while others have a more minimalist design. And then there’s the huge variety of colors and patterns available. We included a wide range of style options so you can pick a robe that suits your aesthetic.
A note on gendered robe shopping
Many robes say they’re made for men, while others say they’re constructed for women. But the reality is that anybody can wear any kind of robe if the sizing is right. While we divided up this list partly based on gender, the distinctions are pretty arbitrary. We recommend focusing more on style, fit, and cost over any gendered distinctions.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
To settle on the right robe for you, consider the following:
- What’s your local climate like? If you’re looking for a robe to keep you warm in winter, consider a long, fleece option. If you live in an area that’s hot year-round, you might want to choose a shorter and/or lighter-weight robe.
- Do you have specific preferences when it comes to functionality? Some people are annoyed by pockets, while others veto any robe that doesn’t have them. Some people prefer multiple ties, while others just want one belt loop. It all comes down to personal preference, so think about what kind of functionality you might like (and what you won’t) to narrow down the list of options.
- What’s your budget? This will let you know whether you need to focus on budget-friendly robes or you’re looking to splurge. Clarifying your budget will help you filter out a lot of options.
Robes are like the comfort food of clothing: They invite you to relax and snuggle up while life’s worries pass on by. Put in the time to find the best robe for you, and you’ll improve your quality of life every time you get out of the shower.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020