Finding the right bed set for your King size mattress will make your sleep (and your life) that much better. Purchasing one of these sets is like a one-stop shop for revamping your bed and creating a cohesive look for your bedroom.
There’s some disagreement about what exactly should be included in a King size bed set. Some people say these sets should include a comforter, while others think it’s all about the sheets and pillowcases. Our perspective is that at a minimum, a King size bed set should include four pieces: a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases. In some cases, these sets will include additional pieces (such as extra pillowcases). Check out our roundup to review some of the best King size bed sets around.
California Design Den 600-Thread-Count 100% Cotton Sheet Set
- The set is made from high-quality materials in the form of 600 thread count, long-staple, 100% cotton in a sateen weave.
- The fitted sheet features a deep pocket that should fit tall beds.
- The set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified and made in a LEED v4 Gold Certified and Certified WCA facility, which means it’s free of certain harmful chemicals and meets strong environmental and social standards.
- Given the quality of this bed set, it’s relatively budget-friendly.
- The set may need to go through several washings before achieving an ideal level of softness.
- The sheets are prone to wrinkling, which might annoy some people.
High-quality materials and an eco-friendly manufacturing process set apart the California Design Den 600-Thread-Count 100% Cotton Sheet Set. The fitted sheet’s deep pocket should accommodate most mattresses.
Threadmill Home Linen 800 Thread Count 100% Cotton Bed Sheet Set
- The fitted sheet features extra-deep pockets that should accommodate mattresses up to 18 inches deep.
- The set is made from extra-long-staple, 800 thread count, 100% cotton.
- The set is made in a facility that’s powered by solar and wind energy, so it has a lower eco-footprint than many options on this list.
- The sheets are thick and substantial and have a smooth, crisp feel.
- This set is on the pricier side and won’t be accessible to all budgets.
- Some users have reported that the sheets might shrink a bit in the wash.
Extra-deep pockets and high-quality materials distinguish the Threadmill Home Linen 800 Thread Count 100% Cotton Bed Sheet Set. The 100% cotton set is made in a facility that’s powered by solar and wind energy.
Cosy House Collection Luxury Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
- The inclusion of bamboo makes these sheets fairly soft and breathable, which should appeal to hot sleepers.
- The set is available in several solid colors, so you should be able to tailor the set to your bedroom decor.
- Strong elastic helps ensure these sheets stay snugly fitted to the bed even when you move around at night.
- These aren’t 100% bamboo. They’re made from 60% bamboo and 40% microfiber blend.
- The sheets are on the thinner side, so they don’t feel very luxurious and might not hold up super well long-term.
Bamboo materials make the Cosy House Collection Luxury Bamboo Bed Sheet Set soft and breathable. The set is available in several solid colors, so there should be an option for most aesthetic tastes.
Shilucheng 6-Piece Bed Sheets Set
- While most of the sets on this list consist of four pieces, this one adds on an additional two pillowcases for a total of six pieces.
- This is a fairly budget-friendly set, especially when you consider that you get six pieces instead of four.
- The sheets are made of double-brushed, 1,800-thread-count microfiber, which is soft to the touch.
- The fitted sheet features deep pockets that can accommodate mattresses up to 16 inches deep.
- The sheets are prone to wrinkling, which might not appeal to some people.
- If you tend to sleep hot, you might find these sheets aren’t breathable enough to keep you cool.
Get six pieces instead of the usual four with the Shilucheng 6-Piece Bed Sheets Set. The budget-friendly set is made from soft, double-brushed microfiber.
California Design Den Luxury 4-Piece Sheet Set
- The set is certified “Made in Green” in India, certified Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX, and made in a LEED v4 Gold Certified and WCA Certified facility. Together, all of these certs mean the set meets strong environmental standards, is free of harmful chemicals, and meets social standards for workers.
- The set is made from long-staple, 500 thread count, 100% cotton in a sateen weave, which makes for a smooth, shiny finish.
- The sheets are fairly lightweight, so they should keep you comfortable even in warmer temperatures.
- The set is available in both solid and striped colors, so you can tailor it to your aesthetic preferences.
- The set is a bit prone to wrinkling, which might annoy some people.
- These aren’t very crisp-feeling, so they won’t appeal to people who look for that feel.
Enjoy a high-quality bed set and rock eco-credibility with the California Design Den Luxury 4-Piece Sheet Set. The set is certified “Made in Green” and OEKO-TEX Standard 100; it's also made in a WCA and LEED v4 Gold Certified facility.
Shilucheng King Size Bed Sheets Set
- Given that you get four decent-quality pieces in this set, it’s a great value for the quality.
- The sheets are made from durable, 1,800 thread count microfiber in a percale weave. This fabric is pretty soft to the touch.
- The fitted sheet features deep pockets that should fit mattresses up to 16 inches tall.
- The sheets wash and dry well and seem relatively wrinkle-free.
- Some users have reported that certain colors don’t exactly match their pictures.
- The sheets are on the thinner side, so they don’t have an especially luxurious feel.
Enjoy a budget-friendly price without sacrificing quality thanks to the Shilucheng King Size Bed Sheets Set. The set is made from 1,800 thread count microfiber in a percale weave.
How We Picked
We considered several factors while winnowing down this list. Here’s an overview of everything that we took into account.
You’ll want to tailor your new bed set to your other bedding and your bedroom decor, which means this list needed to include a lot of different color options to suit different tastes. The sets on this list come in a wide range of colors and some patterns, so you should be able to find something that appeals to you.
Comfort and Feel
If you’re going to be sleeping on and under different pieces of bedding, they need to be comfortable. But “comfort” is subjective. We included bed sets in a variety of weights and feels, from lightweight to heavyweight and soft to crisp. There should be an option for most preferences.
King bed sets can range in price from under $40 to around $100. We included sets from both sides of that spectrum to accommodate different price points.
The materials used in a given bed set will play a big role in determining its weight, feel, and breathability. For instance, bamboo tends to be breathable, microfiber is usually soft to the touch, cotton can have a smooth, crisp feel, and so on.
We also paid attention to how these materials were manufactured. In many cases, the bed sets on this list were made in eco-friendly, socially conscious, and/or health-conscious ways.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Still struggling to find the best King size bed set for you? To narrow down your choices, ask yourself the following:
- What material do you want? Do you have a strong preference between, say, bamboo, cotton, or microfiber? Different materials have their own feel and breathability, so take this into account while bed set shopping.
- What kind of feel do you prefer? Do you like crisp, cool sheets, or do you prefer your bedding soft and cozy? Your preferences when it comes to feel will help you shrink your pool of options.
- What’s your color preference? Some bed sets come in tons of solid colors, others come in patterns, and still others don’t offer much choice when it comes to design. If you have strong aesthetic preferences, this can also narrow down your search.
Finding the right bed set for your King size bed will make every night of sleep more comfortable. That’s why it’s worth taking the time to find the best option for you. To do that, think about your budget along with your preferences when it comes to aesthetics, feel, and materials. These factors will help you zero in on the best bed set for your needs.