In the world of bedding, not all sheets are created equal. So, if you’re looking to add a little poshness to your sleep space, I recommend seeking out the best luxury sheets. But with dozens of options on the market — all made with high-quality fabrics and attractive styles — how do you know which luxury sheet set is actually worth the dough?
Well, keep reading, because I’m presenting my favorite luxury sheet sets in this roundup. At the end, I’ll let you in on my personal tips and tricks behind sheet shopping, so you’ll have all the information you need to pick the best luxury sheet set for your needs and preferences.
Best Luxury Sheets
- Best Overall – Saatva Linen Sheet Set
- Best Bamboo Sateen – LUXOME Luxury Sheet Set
- Best for Cooling – Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheet Set
- Best Tencel Sateen – Brooklyn Bedding Deep Pocket Tencel Sheet Set
- Best Warranty – Puffy Signature Sheet Set
- Best Cotton Percale – Boll & Branch Percale Hemmed Sheet Set
- Best Cotton Sateen – Parachute Sateen Sheet Set
- Best Cotton Flannel – Brooklinen Brushed Flannel Sheet Set
- Best Affordable – California Design Den Cotton Sheet Set
Best Luxury Sheets Video Review
Best Overall – Saatva Linen Sheet Set
This sheet set is made from 100 percent Belgian Flax fibers, which are especially hollow, promoting airflow and helping sleepers to stay cool throughout the night. The yarn included in the Saatva Linen sheets is also pre-washed to ensure softness and prevent pilling, and it’s dyed before it’s woven to ensure color quality and give the fabric a uniquely textured finish.
The Saatva Linen Sheet Set includes one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillow cases in six sizes and three colors (White, Ivory, and Grey). Saatva also includes a 45-night sleep trial and a one-year limited warranty on their sheets.
- With the inclusion of deep pockets on the fitted sheet, the Saatva Linen sheets can fit mattresses up to 16 inches tall without slipping off.
- Linen is a naturally hypoallergenic material, so sleepers with allergies shouldn’t have to worry about waking up feeling sick or sneezy.
- These sheets are machine washable, so they are easy to clean. Just make sure to wash them on a gentle cycle with cold water, and tumble dry on low.
- If you’re a budget-conscious shopper, these sheets may not be for you. Currently, a queen size set of Saatva’s linen sheets is around $375. If you’re looking for a more affordable sheet set, check out our roundup of the best sheets for the money.
To learn more, check out our full Saatva Linen Sheet Set review.
Saatva Linen Sheets
Saatva's linen sheets are made from 100 percent Belgian flax. They're prewashed for softness and yarn dyed for high color quality.Read Full Review
Best Bamboo Sateen – LUXOME Luxury Sheet Set
These sheets are made with 100 percent pure viscose from bamboo — a material that is naturally moisture-wicking, so sleepers shouldn’t have to worry about waking up sweaty or damp. Plus, these sheets have a 400 thread count and include a sateen weave, making them luxuriously soft and extremely durable.
The LUXOME Luxury Sheet Set comes with one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillowcases. It’s also available in seven sizes and 10 colors, so you really can customize them to fit any space.
- The LUXOME Luxury sheet set is OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified, so it surpasses the highest criterion of testing for harmful chemicals.
- The sateen weave included in these sheets adds a silky texture with a glossy, lustrous finish. If you’re a fan of silk sheets, this could be the next best material for you.
- The fitted sheet in this set includes deeper pockets with elastic corner bands to ensure a secure fit on your mattress.
- While Luxome does offer 30-day free returns, there is no trial period or warranty for the Luxury sheet set. If you want to try out your sheets before making a final decision, check out the Cozy Earth Bamboo sheet set or the Puffy Signature sheet set.
Read our full LUXOME Luxury sheets review to learn more.
LUXOME Luxury Sheet Set
The LUXOME Luxury sheet set are made from 100 percent bamboo viscose and offer a silky, smooth feel.
4.90 / 5
Best For Cooling – Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheet Set
Made from 100 percent bamboo viscose in a sateen weave, the Cozy Earth Bamboo sheet set is moisture-wicking, breathable, and hypoallergenic. This makes these sheets a great pick for hot sleepers or couples who have double the body heat in their bed.
This sheet set comes in seven sizes with 13 color options, so customers can really take their pick when it comes to aesthetics. Cozy Earth also offers a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty, allowing you to make sure these sheets are the best fit before fully committing.
- The fitted sheet included in the Cozy Earth Bamboo sheet set has deep pockets that can fit mattresses up to 20 inches tall.
- The sateen weave used in this sheet set adds a lustrous finish that not only looks luxurious, but also creates an especially silky, soft feel.
- This sheet set can be machine washed in cold water on a regular setting, making it easy to clean and reuse.
- Some customer reviews did notice pilling on their Cozy Earth sheets over time. We recommend paying special attention to the washing instructions on the Cozy Earth website to make sure your sheets last the test of time.
To learn more, check out our full Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheet Set review.
Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheets
Made from 100 percent bamboo viscose, these are — quite simply — some of the softest sheets we've slept on.
4.90 / 5Read Full Review
Best Tencel Sateen – Brooklyn Bedding Deep Pocket Tencel Sheet Set
Tencel is a plant-based material known for being smooth, durable, antimicrobial, and hypoallergenic — making it especially great for sleepers with allergies. Plus, the fabric is spun into a sateen weave, so this sheet set is extra smooth and has a silky look to it.
This set comes with one fitted sheet, one top sheet, and two pillowcases. It is available in seven sizes and three colors (white, khaki, and silver).
- All of the sheets included in this set are OEKO-TEX Certified, so they’ve been tested and proven to be free from more than 350 harmful substances.
- The fitted sheet included in this set comes with deep pockets than can fit mattresses up to 15 inches deep.
- As a material, Tencel is known for being moisture-wicking.
- While the Tencel included in these sheets is moisture-wicking, the sheets as a whole are not super breathable, most likely because a sateen weave is thicker and promotes less airflow than a percale weave. If you’re an especially hot sleeper, I recommend checking out our roundup of the best cooling sheets.
To learn more, check out our full Brooklyn Bedding Deep Pocket Tencel Sheet Set review.
Brooklyn Bedding Tencel Sateen Sheets
Deep pocket sheets are crucial for mattresses with longer heights. The Brooklyn Bedding Deep Pocket Tencel Sheets ensure that your sheets stay on your bed without slipping off.
4.70 / 5Read Full Review
Best Warranty – Puffy Signature Sheet Set
The Puffy Signature sheet set is made from 100 percent bamboo viscose — a material that is created by treating and spinning bamboo wood pulp into fabric. The sateen weave included in these sheets makes them especially silky and smooth, which, when paired with the hypoallergenic qualities of bamboo, allows these sheets to work well for sleepers with sensitive skin.
This sheet set is offered in six sizes and two color options (white and gray). Plus, Puffy includes a 101-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty, so these sheets really should last the test of time.
- The pillowcases included in this sheet set have envelope-style closures, meaning that they close on the back rather than the sides. This ensures that the covers won’t slip off your pillow during the night.
- The fitted sheet is equipped with thick, durable elastic to keep it in place on your mattress. It also includes tags to indicate the long and short sides, making it easier to make your bed after washing.
- Bamboo is moisture-wicking, helps to regulate temperature, and allows heat to dissipate through its layers — all of which should help hot sleepers stay cool during the night.
- These sheets do wrinkle easily, which is pretty common for bamboo sheets. However, if you want more of a clean look, check out our roundup of the best cotton sheets, as this material is less prone to wrinkles.
Our full Puffy Signature Sheet Set review is coming soon.
Puffy Signature Sheets
The Puffy Sheets are made 100 percent out of pure bamboo, making them hypoallergenic and safe for you and your family. The bamboo's breathability makes these sheets great for hot sleepers.
4.90 / 5Read Full Review
Best Cotton Percale – Boll & Branch Percale Hemmed Sheet Set
Made with 100 percent long-staple cotton, the Boll & Branch Percale Hemmed sheets are durable, breathable, and organic. The longer fibers included in these sheets are less likely to stick out, reducing the likelihood of your sheets pilling after a few washes. Plus, the percale weave used on this fabric creates a crisp, lightweight feel with a matte finish that’s great for hot sleepers hoping to stay cool during the night. The “hemmed” in the name comes from the long hemlines (seven inches), which make sure that all pillow types should fit securely in these pillowcases.
This sheet set comes with one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. It is offered in seven sizes, six colors, and three patterns.
- These sheets are OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified and Fair Trade certified, meaning that they have surpassed the highest testing for harmful chemicals. The cotton used in these sheets is also Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified.
- One unique element of the Boll & Branch company is that the brand offers a free fabric swatch of the sheets, so you can test out the color and feel before committing.
- The fitted sheet in this sheet set includes deep pockets, which can fit mattresses up to 17 inches, and extra-durable elastic to prevent the sheet from slipping off the sides of the bed.
- The percale weave used on this fabric does create a crisp and structured feel, but if you prefer an ultra-soft sheet, this material could feel somewhat brittle and rough. If you’re looking for softer sheets, check out our roundup of the best sateen sheets.
To learn more, check out our full Boll & Branch Percale Hemmed Sheet Set review.
Boll & Branch Percale Hemmed Sheet Set
The Boll & Branch Percale Hemmed sheets have a crisp and breathable feel.
Best Cotton Sateen – Parachute Sateen Sheet Set
This sheet set uses 100 percent long-staple Egyptian cotton, which is renowned for its superior quality. Long-staple cotton just means that the fibers used in the construction of the fabric are longer and less likely to stick out, resulting in a sheet that is smoother, more durable, and less likely to pill. This fabric is then woven into a sateen weave, which creates a silky feel with a lustrous sheen to it.
The Parachute Sheet Set includes one fitted sheet and two pillowcases with envelope-style closure, and is offered in four sizes and six colors.
- The Parachute brand offers a free fabric swatch ahead of time, so customers can determine if the feel and color of this sheet set fits their aesthetic.
- The pillowcases included in this sheet set have an envelope-style closure, meaning that the case closes around the back of the pillow instead of the sides. This prevents the pillow from slipping out of its case during the night.
- This sheet set is machine washable and able to be put in the dryer. Just make sure to wash on cold and tumble dry on low.
- This sheet set does not include a top sheet, which could be inconvenient for sleepers who prefer to sleep with one. A top sheet can be purchased, but it costs $100, on top of the cost of the sheet set.
To learn more, check out our full Parachute Sateen Sheet Set review.
Parachute Sateen Sheets
Egyptian cotton makes these Parachute sheets incredibly soft and cozy!
4.40 / 5Read Full Review
Best Cotton Flannel – Brooklinen Brushed Flannel Sheet Set
The Brooklinen Brushed Flannel sheet set is made of 100 percent cotton flannel woven in Portugal. Flannel sometimes get a bad reputation for overheating or trapping body heat during the night, but Brooklinen is here to change that opinion. While this sheet set is brushed for softness, it’s lightweight enough that sleepers shouldn’t overheat during the night, even when snuggling up with a partner or a pet.
This sheet set includes one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases, and it is offered in five sizes and six colors and patterns.
- This sheet set is OEKO-TEX certified for chemical safety, so sleepers shouldn’t have to worry about the presence of any harmful chemicals.
- This product is able to be machine washed on cold, and it can be dried on a low tumble setting.
- While most of the products sold on Brooklinen can be returned within 365 days, including this sheet set, all returns are subject to a $9.95 return fee. If you would like to try out your sheet set before committing, we recommend opting for one of the sheet sets on this list with a trial period.
Our full Brooklinen Brushed Flannel Sheet Set review is coming soon.
Brooklinen Brushed Flannel Sheets
Even though flannel has a reputation for overheating, these sheets are purposely lightweight to keep the material airy.
4.70 / 5
Best Affordable – California Design Den Cotton Sheet Set
This sheet set is definitely the most customizable one included in this roundup. The California Design Den Cotton sheets are offered in five different thread counts (400, 500, 600, 800, and 1,000), seven different sizes (twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, California king, and split king), and 10 different colors. These sheets are created from 100 percent cotton with a sateen weave for that satin-like, silky, smooth feel with a lustrous finish.
The California Design Den Cotton Sheet Set includes one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases.
- This sheet set is the most budget-friendly option provided on this roundup. It is currently available on Amazon for around $50.
- The fitted set included in this set can fit mattresses up to 14 inches (for the twin-full sizes) or 16 inches (for the queen and larger). This sheet also has extra-strong elastic on the corners and tags to indicate the head and foot of the mattress, making it easy to remake your bed after washing.
- These sheets are OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified, meaning that they have passed the highest standards for safety from harmful substances.
- Some customer reviews did state that these sheets seem to pill very easily after washing. To combat this issue, make sure to follow the washing instructions provided with this sheet set.
To learn more, check out our full California Design Den Cotton Sheet Set review.
California Design Den Sheets
California Design Den sheets use quality long staple cotton to provide smooth and durable sheets at a value price.
4.60 / 5Read Full Review
How We Picked
Alright, shoppers, now let’s talk about the methodology behind my picks. While it’s true that sheet shopping has a lot to do with personal preference, there are some key factors to keep in mind when you’re searching for the set that matches your unique needs.
When shopping for luxury sheets, the first thing to pay attention to are the materials used to make them. Let’s take a look at the most popular fabrics below, so you’re better equipped to pick the one that’s right for you:
- Cotton – Cotton bedding is known for its crispness, great breathability, and luxuriously soft feel. That said, folks in search of luxury sheets should look specifically for long or extra-long staple cotton (Egyptian and Supima are great examples).
- Linen – Linen bedding is perfect for year-round use because it’s durable, thermoregulating, and exceptionally breathable. It offers a distinctly coarse texture but is known for getting softer with every wash. However, if you’re looking for linen that’s already super soft, go with sheets that have been garment washed.
- Bamboo – Bamboo-based bedding is an indulgently smooth, eco-friendly fabric known for its lustrous sheen and light weight. It’s perfect for hot sleepers, as it’s naturally moisture-wicking and breathable. Not to mention, it’s one of the most durable materials out there.
Obviously, the full list of fabrics is not limited to the three I’ve listed above, but in the world of luxury bedding, those are the top three contenders (every now and then, you’ll see an outlying fabric such as Tencel). However, regardless of your personal preference, just remember to review the “materials description” to ensure you’re getting exactly what you’re looking for.
Cotton Fiber Length
As I mentioned, fiber (staple) length matters when it comes to cotton bedding. The general rule of thumb is the longer the fibers, the softer and more durable the sheets will be. That’s why I suggest aiming for long or extra-long staple cotton, as it offers much better resistance to pilling and feels smoother on the skin.
Bedding brands typically advertise staple length right on its packaging or website, but remember that Egyptian and Supima cotton are both safe bets, as they offer luxuriously long and supple fibers.
Meanwhile, linen and bamboo are natural materials that always have long, strong fibers, which is why they’re praised for superior durability. With cotton, staple length varies a bit more, so keep an eye out for long and extra-long fibers.
Thread count refers to the individual yarns per square inch of fabric, and it can say a lot about a sheet set’s durability and smoothness. However, thread count loses its value if you’re not working with high quality materials. Because thread count mainly applies to cotton, I suggest checking fiber length before thread count.
For example, some brands may categorize a sheet set as having a super high thread count of 1,500, but that probably means that hundreds of short, weak cotton fibers were spliced together in order to boast a higher thread count.
That said, a high thread count can be a great indicator of quality, and a range of 200–800 is a good benchmark to follow. Just make sure the quality of the material itself is high before you pay attention to thread count.
Another thing to consider when you’re shopping for sheets is the weave style used to craft them. Percale and sateen are the weaves you’re most likely to encounter, so let’s discuss those below.
- Percale – A percale weave is known for producing a super crisp and breathable set of sheets. If you prefer a light, breathable, classic cotton feel, this is probably the right choice for you. Additionally, a percale weave produces a matte appearance, rather than a lustrous sheen, which is ideal for folks who avoid shiny sheets.
- Sateen – Sateen woven bedding is totally different from percale, as it’s much silkier to the touch. A sateen weave also tends to produce a thicker, heavier set of sheets, which might appeal to sleepers who run cold. Personally, I prefer sateen sheets because they’re more likely to offer a lustrous sheen.
Keep in mind that one weave style is not necessarily more luxurious than the other, but you may find the luminous sheen and silky feel of sateen to evoke a more elegant aesthetic. Ultimately, it’s all about what keeps you coziest.
Wash care varies depending on materials, and some sheets are easier to care for than others. If you prioritize easy wash care, cotton is generally a good way to go. But remember that every sheet set is created differently, and it’s very important to follow the specific maintenance instructions, as given by the bedding brand itself.
That said, I always suggest using a mild detergent that’s easy on delicate fabrics like bamboo. Bamboo-based bedding tends to be pretty pricey, so be sure to protect your investment with proper wash care. Furthermore, I recommend line-drying your sheets whenever you can. No matter the material, letting your sheets line-dry is a great way to guard against pilling, shrinkage, and color fading.
Just like with wash care, the price of any given sheet set changes form brand to brand, and largely depends upon the materials used. If you’re shopping specifically for luxury fabrics, it’s important to remember that quality costs. In fact, bedding that’s categorized as “luxury” but comes in at suspiciously low price should raise some red flags.
That’s why price can actually be a good indicator of authenticity. For example, if you see an Egyptian cotton sheet set priced for $25, I urge you to do a little digging into the details, as it’s probably too good to be true. In general, you should be ready to spend at least $50 on luxury bedding. Remember — stronger, higher quality fabrics are built to last and can offer great bang for your buck.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Okay, shoppers, we’re almost at the end of this guide, so let’s recap a few essential tips that should help in your search.
- Staple Length – Remember that longer fibers (staples) make for a softer, more durable set of cotton sheets. If you’re looking for luxury, aim for long or extra-long staple bedding.
- Percale vs Sateen – If you’re not sure how to choose between percale and sateen weave styles, start by deciding whether you prefer a shiny or matte appearance. If you like a little luster, go with sateen. If you’re all about that crisp, matte cotton, go with percale.
- OEKO-Tex Certification – I always suggest keeping an eye out for the OEKO-Tex certification, especially if you have allergies or sensitive skin. This certification promises that no toxic dyes or harsh chemicals were used to make a particular set of sheets.
Now that you’re all experts on luxury bedding, you’re ready to find the sheet set that’s perfect for you. Just remember to pay attention to weave style, thread count, materials, and all the little details that appeal to your unique sleep needs. Happy shopping!
Former Senior Writer
Sarah is the former senior writer and bedding expert at Sleepopolis. She received her degree in Creative Writing from Brooklyn College and spends her free time doing stand-up, making pasta, and hanging with her cats.