Sateen sheets are a popular choice for shoppers seeking a silky, soft, and luxurious sheet. In this review, I’ll be tackling the Parachute Sateen sheets to help you decide if they are the right sheets for you. This review will cover what they are made of, how they feel, prices, buying policies, care instructions, and more. Buckle in and let’s get into it.
Or you can always skip to the end for a review summary.
What are the Parachute Sateen Sheets Made Of?
Materials are one of the most important factors to look at when shopping for sheets. Sheets can be made from cotton, bamboo, linen, and a variety of other fabrics — each with their own positive and negative qualities.
The Parachute Sateen sheets are made from 100 percent long-staple Egyptian cotton. Egyptian cotton is widely renowned for its superior quality, particularly its long staples. Longer fibers result in a higher-quality sheet that is smoother, more durable, and less likely to pill.
The Parachute Sateen sheets are available in four sizes: full, queen, king, and California king. I tested a queen size set for this review.
Each set includes one fitted sheet and two pillowcases, which have an envelope-style closure. The fitted sheet has 16-inch pockets, which is large enough to accommodate most mattresses. If you want a top sheet, you will have to add one to the set for an additional cost.
What Do the Parachute Sateen Sheets Feel Like?
These sheets have the satiny feel you would expect from a sateen weave. I found them to be ultra-soft and smooth, perfect for snuggling up after a long day. They are probably among the softest sheets I’ve tested.
I think these are a great option for anyone who wants a very silky sheet — without buying an actual silk sheet. And they have a subtle sheen, making them look great too.
One fun perk about Parachute is that you can order a fabric swatch ahead of time if you want to feel these sheets before buying. At no cost to you, you can receive a small sample of the sateen fabric to feel, as well as to see the color in person and decide if the sheets are worth it for you.
Are the Parachute Sateen Sheets Good for Hot Sleepers?
I didn’t think these sheets were especially breathable or cooling. Sateen is a thicker style of weave than percale, which tends to be quite airy and cool. The thickness of the fabric means less air can flow through the sheets, resulting in you being warmer. That being said, I didn’t feel hot in these sheets, just not especially cool.
For a better cooling sheet option, check out our best cooling sheets for hot sleepers.
How Durable are Parachute Sateen Sheets?
Overall, these sheets felt quite high-quality to me. The long-staple cotton utilized in the sheets should contribute to their durability over time, preventing pilling and maintaining a smooth feel. However, be sure to follow proper care instructions to keep these sheets in their best condition. I’ll go into more detail on how to wash these sheets in the FAQ section below.
Do the Parachute Sateen Sheets Stay on the Bed?
I had no issue with the Parachute Sateen sheets staying on the bed. The pockets on the fitted sheet are quite deep, at 16 inches. They fit easily over the mattress I tested them with, which was of average size. I also like the use of the envelope-style closures on the pillowcases, which ensure your pillowcase won’t slip off your pillow in the night, as they close on the back instead of a side.
With all that in mind, let’s go over my recommendations for the Parachute Sateen sheets, as well as some complaints.
Who should try Parachute Sateen sheets
- If you like a silky, smooth sheet, these sheets should feel great to you. They are ultra-satiny and soft.
- If you prefer envelope-style pillowcases, you’ll appreciate their use in this set. I personally love how they prevent the end of my pillow from sticking out of the case.
- If you like sheets with a shiny finish, you will likely love the sheen on these sateen sheets.
Parachute Sateen sheets complaints
- If you are an ultra-hot sleeper, these might not be the best pick. I’d recommend looking at the Parachute Percale sheets instead.
- If you need twin or twin XL size sheets, this won’t be a good choice for you. This set is only available in full, queen, king, and California king sizes.
- I think it is somewhat frustrating that you have to separately purchase a top sheet, instead of one being automatically included with this set.
Parachute Sateen Sheets Prices, Sizes, and Colors
Wondering how much these sheets cost? Here’s a breakdown of the price points, by size and whether or not you select a flat sheet.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size. To get our best deal, click one of the coupons throughout this article.
|Size||Fitted Sheet (Inches)||Flat Sheet (Inches)||Pillowcase (Inches)||Price||Price with Flat Sheet|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 16″||96″ x 105″||20″ x 26.5″||$169||$269|
|Queen||60″ x 80″ x 16″||96″ x 105″||20″ x 26.5″||$169||$269|
|King||76″ x 80″ x 16″||108″ x 105″||20″ x 36.5″||$189||$299|
|California King||72″ x 84″ x 16″||108″ x 105″||20″ x 36.5″||$189||$299|
Color options are an important part of choosing a sheet set. The Parachute Sateen sheet set is available in four colors: white, sand, light gray, and blush. The set I tested was white.
Parachute Sateen Sheets Policies and FAQs
How do the Parachute Sateen sheets ship?
Parachute ships for free to all 50 states in the U.S. They also ship to Canada.
Do the Parachute Sateen sheets come with a sleep trial?
Parachute offers free returns within 60 days. It can take up to 10 to 14 business days to process your return and three to five business days to receive the refund. Visit Parachute’s website to read their full return policy.
Do the Parachute Sateen sheets come with a warranty?
No, these sheets are not covered by a warranty.
How do I clean the Parachute Sateen sheets?
The Parachute Sateen sheets are machine washable. Parachute advises washing in cool water with a mild, liquid detergent. Tumble dry on low. They don’t advise using bleach and if you want to iron the sheets, iron on low.
What is the thread count of the Parachute Sateen sheets?
Parachute does not list a thread count for these sheets. To learn more about thread count, see our thread count guide.
What other sateen products does Parachute sell?
In addition to this sateen sheet set, Parachute sells a sateen duvet cover and a Euro sham. They also sell most of these pieces as individuals and in a variety of bundles.
What else does Parachute sell?
Parachute Home sells a wide variety of home decor products, including bedding, bath, robes and loungewear, furniture, and decorative objects. As far as Parachute bedding, they sell sheets and bedding made with organic cotton, percale, linen, brushed cotton, cloud cotton, down, and down alternatives, in addition to sateen.
Parachute Sateen Sheets Vs
If you still haven’t decided whether these are the best bed sheets for you, here are a few comparisons to help you decide.
Parachute Sateen Sheets vs Parachute Percale Sheets
- Like the sateen sheets, the Parachute Percale sheet set is made from 100 percent long-staple Egyptian cotton. However, they are made with a percale weave, which uses one over, one under weaving.
- These sheets have a much more lightweight, crisp feel than the Parachute Sateen sheets. I’d recommend them to hot sleepers or to those who prefer a crisper sheet.
- However, these percale sheets wrinkle quite easily.
- If you want to learn more, read my full Parachute Percale sheets review.
Parachute Sateen Sheets vs Parachute Linen Sheets
- The Parachute Linen sheets are made from 100 percent European flax, meaning they are pure linen. They are made in Portugal and garment washed for softness right out of the box.
- Personally, I’m a big fan of these sheets (I’ve been sleeping on them at home!), as they are soft, but textured and very breathable.
- These linen sheets are also offered in more color options than the sateen ones are.
- Curious about this linen sheet set? Read my full Parachute Linen sheets review.
Parachute Sateen Sheets vs Brooklinen Luxe Core Sheets
- Brooklinen’s Luxe Core sheets are made from 100 percent long-staple cotton in a sateen weave — very similar to Parachute’s sateen sheets.
- I would say the Brooklinen sheets overall have a similar feel to the Parachute Sateen, but are a little less silky but more lightweight. I found the Luxe Core sheets to be fairly breathable for a sateen sheet.
- Brooklinen offers their sheets in a very wide variety of colors and patterns that you can mix and match.
- Want to learn more? Read my full Brooklinen Luxe Core sheets review.
Other Products from Parachute
Finally, here are my star ratings for the Parachute Sateen sheets.