Saatva is the brand behind one of our favorite innerspring mattresses here at Sleepopolis, the Saatva Classic. However, the mattress and bedding company makes a variety of other products, including the Saatva Linen sheets, which I’ll be covering in this review.
I’ll go over what they’re made of, how they feel, and give some recommendations as to who I think should try them out. But if you just want the short version, skip ahead for my review summary.
What are the Saatva Linen Sheets Made Of?
Sheets can be made from a variety of different materials. There are cotton sheets, bamboo sheets, flannel sheets, and many more. These sheets from Saatva are linen, made from 100 percent Belgian flax. Flax fiber is derived from the flax plant to create linen yarn and fabrics.
To learn more about linen, see our best linen sheets buying guide.
The sheets are prewashed for softness and yarn dyed, which means the yarn is dyed before it’s woven, instead of dyeing the entire fabric after it’s woven. This helps to ensure color quality over time, as well as to give the fabric a unique textured finish.
The Saatva Linen sheets are also OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified, meaning they surpass the highest criterion of testing for harmful chemicals.
Each sheet set includes one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillowcases. The fitted sheet features deep pockets that can easily fit around a mattress up to 16 inches tall. This sheet set is available in six different sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king.
What Do the Saatva Linen Sheets Feel Like?
Testing out this linen sheet set, I thought they felt quite soft. Don’t get me wrong — they definitely still have a classic linen hand-feel, which is coarser and more textured than other sheet styles. But the prewashing Saatva has utilized makes these sheets a bit softer to the touch.
Plus, they feel quite light and airy, which indicates to me they would work well in the summer.
Are the Saatva Linen Sheets Good for Hot Sleepers?
I thought the Saatva Linen sheets were great for hot sleepers. They felt quite lightweight to me and allowed for lots of airflow as I was testing them.
Linen is a great textile for cooling, as 1) linen fabrics tend to have a looser weave and lower thread count, allowing for more airflow and 2) flax fibers are actually very hollow, which also allows for more airflow. That’s why flax linen is even more breathable than cotton.
To see more options, check out our best cooling sheets for hot sleepers.
How Durable are Saatva Linen Sheets?
Another great feature of linen is that it’s very durable. I thought this linen bedding from Saatva felt like good quality, so I think you can expect it to last if you take good care of it. Be sure to follow the proper care instructions provided by Saatva to keep these sheets in good condition.
To see more quality sheets options, check out our best sheets for the money.
Do the Saatva Linen Sheets Stay on the Bed?
The Saatva Linen sheets feature deep pockets on the fitted sheet, so they should easily fit over most mattresses, up to 16 inches tall. I had no issue with these sheets staying on the bed when I tested them.
Let’s go over who I recommend should try the Saatva Linen sheets and some of my complaints.
Who should try Saatva Linen sheets
- If you’re a hot sleeper, I think you’ll appreciate the breathability of these linen bed sheets, as well as their light and airy feel.
- If you’re looking for a high-end sheet, I think you’ll find these sheets from Saatva provide that luxe experience. They’re soft, breathable, and well-crafted to be a high-quality product overall.
- If you have allergies, you’ll appreciate that linen is naturally hypoallergenic.
Saatva Linen sheets complaints
- If you prefer a smooth, wrinkle-free look in your bedding, you might not like these linen sheets. Linen wrinkles easily and overall has a slightly more rumpled, lived-in aesthetic.
- With the lowest price point close to $300 for these sheets, they are certainly not a budget buy. Shoppers on a tighter budget might want to find a more wallet-friendly option. For some of our favorite bang-for-your-buck sheets, check out the best sheets for the money.
- If you are looking for bright and bold colors, you might be disappointed that Saatva’s linen sheets only come in a few neutral color options.
Saatva Linen Sheets Prices, Sizes, and Colors
Curious how much these sheets cost? Here’s a breakdown of prices, by size.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size. To get our best deal, click one of the coupons throughout this article.
|Size||Fitted Sheet (Inches)||Flat Sheet (Inches)||Pillowcase||Price|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 16″||72″ x 110″||32″ x 21″||$245|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 16″||72″ x 114″||32″ x 21″||$255|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 16″||92″ x 110″||32″ x 21″||$345|
|Queen||60″ x 80″ x 16″||96″ x 114″||32″ x 21″||$375|
|King||76″ x 80″ x 16″||114″ x 114″||41″ x 21″||$415|
|California King||72″ x 84″ x 16″||108″ x 114″||41″ x 21″||$415|
Color can be an important factor when choosing a new set of sheets. The Saatva Linen sheets come in just a few color options: white, ivory, and gray.
Saatva Linen Sheets Policies and FAQs
How do the Saatva Linen sheets ship?
Saatva ships for free within the contiguous United States. They do not currently ship to Hawaii or Alaska, but they are able to coordinate with a freight forwarding company if you live in one of these states.
Do the Saatva Linen sheets come with a sleep trial?
Yes, Saatva offers a 45-night sleep trial, meaning you can test the sheets out for 45 nights and if you decide they’re not right for you, you can return them for a full refund. Visit Saatva’s website to read the full return policy.
Do the Saatva Linen sheets come with a warranty?
Yes, these sheets come with a 1-year limited warranty.
How do I clean the Saatva Linen sheets?
You can machine wash the Saatva Linen sheets. Saatva recommends washing in cold water with, like colors, on a gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low. Saatva recommends promptly removing your sheets from the dryer to prevent shrinkage.
What other sheets does Saatva sell?
Saatva sells a few different sheet sets in addition to this linen set. They sell four sheets made from organic cotton, two sateen, and two percale sheets. They sell a plain and embroidered version of each weave type.
Does Saatva sell other linen bedding?
Yes, you can also purchase a linen duvet cover from Saatva to match your linen sheet set.
Saatva Linen Sheets Vs
Now let’s compare the Saatva Linen sheets to another set of Saatva sheets, as well as to a competitor.
Saatva Linen Sheets vs Saatva Organic Sateen Sheets
- The Saatva Organic Sateen sheets are made from 100 percent organic cotton in a sateen weave. The sheets have a 300-thread count and use long-staple cotton, which ensures a smoother and more durable sheet.
- Like the linen sheets, the Organic Sateen sheets have deep pockets and come in just a few neutral colors.
- These sateen sheets have a much smoother, more satiny feel than the linen sheets. However, they are still quite breathable.
- Want to learn more? Read my full Saatva Organic Sateen sheet set review.
The Saatva Organic sateen sheets are woven from 100 percent long-staple organic cotton into a 300-thread count, which is intended to offer a feel that’s soft, durable, and breathable. They are sateen woven which means they are going to be a bit more silky in feel, and less crisp. Additionally, they offer a light, lustrous sheen rather than a solid, matte finish.
Saatva Linen Sheets vs Brooklinen Linen Core Sheets
- The Brooklinen Linen core sheets are made from 100 percent European flax and are individually garment dyed. They’re made in Portugal and are OEKO-TEX certified for safety.
- I would say the Brooklinen Linen and Saatva Linen sheets have a similar feel — both are softer than most linen, but still have that distinctive linen feel.
- The Brooklinen sheets come in a much wider variety of color and pattern options than the Saatva’s neutral color palette.
- Curious to know more? Read my full Brooklinen Linen Core sheets review.
Brooklinen's Linen Core sheet set is a breathable, 100 percent European flax sheet set.
Other Products from Saatva
- Saatva Organic Sateen sheets
- Saatva Graphite mattress topper
- Saatva Latex pillow
- Saatva Classic mattress
- Saatva Modern Foam mattress
- Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress
- Saatva HD mattress
- Saatva Solaire mattress
- Saatva Youth mattress
Finally, here are my star ratings for the Saatva Linen sheets.