Love sleeping in a tank top? There are plenty of reasons why you might. Tanks are often comfy and stretchy, so they move with your body and don’t feel constrictive. They’re also a great sleepwear choice for when you need to sleep cool, e.g. if the weather is warm or you’re prone to overheating at night.
Not surprisingly, then, the best women’s tank top for sleeping is comfortable and cool. These qualities maximize the chances that you’ll be able to get and stay comfortable at night, which should help you fall and stay asleep. To find the best sleep tank for you, think about your preferences when it comes to designs, colors, fit, and feel. Then check out our roundup to get started on your search!
U.S. Polo Assn. Women’s Pajama Sleepwear Set
- This is a matching set that includes a tank and shorts. The tank and shorts are available in multiple colors and designs.
- The knit fabric is lightweight and breathable.
- The relaxed fit is comfortable for lounging and sleeping. The shorts have an elastic waist for added comfort.
- The shorts have pockets for stashing tissues or other small items.
One con? There seems to be some discrepancy in the sizing of the shorts relative to the shirt (e.g. the shorts seem to fit true to size, while the top seems to run a bit large).
If you want a pair of bottoms to go with your tank top for sleeping, take a look at the U.S. Polo Assn. Women’s Pajama Sleepwear Set. The coordinated tank and shorts feature a relaxed fit and soft fabric.
Amazon Brand Mae Women’s Loungewear Racerback Tank Top
- The tanks are made with 97% rayon and 3% spandex, so they’re soft, stretchy, and comfortable.
- The relaxed fit tanks are long and fairly loose, so they’re comfy for lounging and sleeping.
- The drop-tail hem provides more coverage than a lot of tanks.
- The tank is available in six neutral colors.
- The scoop neck is pretty low, so keep this in mind if you prefer more coverage in the chest area.
- The material is fairly thin, so some of the lighter colors might be a bit sheer.
The soft and stretchy Amazon Brand Mae Women’s Loungewear Racerback Tank Top features a comfy, relaxed fit. The drop-tail hem provides extra coverage while lounging.
ROSYLINE Womens Sleeveless Tank Tops
- This is a three-pack of tank tops, so you get several colors and tanks in one pack.
- The tanks are made with 5% spandex, so they have some stretch and move with your body. The other 95% is Modal fabric, which is breathable and helps wick away moisture.
- The tanks are soft to the touch and feel comfortable to wear.
- The tanks might run a little small, so keep this in mind while ordering. If you purchase a tank with a smaller fit, it could ride up.
- The tanks are pretty thin, so lighter colors might be a touch transparent.
Get three tanks in one pack with the soft ROSYLINE Womens Sleeveless Tank Tops. The tanks feature breathable Modal fabric that helps wick away moisture so you sleep cool.
Caramel Cantina Racerback Tank Top
- The tanks are 95% cotton, which is soft and breathable.
- The tanks are sold in a pack of three, so you get several options with one purchase.
- The fabric is lightweight and breathable, so it shouldn’t cause you to overheat.
- The tanks are available in a variety of neutral and neon colors, and you get multiple colors per pack.
One con? The tanks might run a little small.
The 95% cotton Caramel Cantina Racerback Tank Top is sold in a pack of three. The soft tanks are lightweight and breathable, so you shouldn’t overheat.
One More Option
Zenana Outfitters Women’s Basic Ribbed Racerback Tank Top
- The tanks are sold in a four-pack, so you get a variety of tanks for one purchase.
- The tanks come in a wide variety of colors ranging from brights to neutrals.
- They’re made from 92% cotton and 8% elastane, so they’re soft and stretchy.
- The tanks are long, so they give you some lower-body coverage and shouldn’t ride up a bunch.
- The sizing runs small, so you might need to order a size up.
- The fabric is pretty thin, so some of the lighter colors might be a touch transparent.
The Zenana Outfitters Women’s Basic Ribbed Racerback Tank Tops come in a four-pack. The soft and stretchy tanks are available in tons of colors.
How We Picked
There are a ton of pajama options out there. To select our picks for the best women’s tank tops for sleeping, we emphasized the following criteria.
Across the options featured here, you’ll find everything from plain black tanks to neon pink ones and everything in between. There should be a choice for pretty much every color palette. We’ve also included several options that come in multi-packs, which allow you to purchase several tanks in multiple colors at the same time (and for a small price break).
Feel and Fit
The primary factor that distinguishes a tank top that you wear during the day from a tank top for sleeping is comfort. If you’re going to wear a tank to sleep, then it has to be comfortable so it doesn’t distract you and make it harder to fall or stay asleep.
For that reason, we focused on options that are soft to the touch, breathable, and have some stretch to them so they move with your body if you shift around during the night. We also prioritized options with a relaxed fit, so they’re less likely to feel constrictive when you’re trying to get comfortable.
The materials used in a given tank top can have a big impact on its feel. No one material is inherently better than another; instead, this is usually a matter of personal preference. We included tank tops that are made with a variety of materials, including cotton, elastane, Modal, spandex, and so on. This way, you can select what suits your preferences best.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Trying to settle on the best tank top for sleeping? Think about the following:
- Color preferences. If you’re looking for a sleep tank in a specific color, that will quickly help you rule out a lot of options.
- Materials. Do you have strong preferences when it comes to materials? If you like the feel of cotton, Modal, spandex, or another material, this can be an easy way to guide your search.
- Design. Do you like racerback tanks? Prefer a drop-tail hem? Love a scoop neck? If you have preferences when it comes to the design and fit of a tank, this is another fast way to eliminate options.
The best women’s tank top for sleeping will help you get comfortable at night, which increases your odds of sleeping soundly. By considering your preferences when it comes to fit, feel, materials, colors, and design, you’ll be able to narrow in on a great sleep tank.
What is a tank top for sleeping?
A tank top for sleeping is just a regular tank top with qualities that might make it easier to get comfortable at night. For instance, many people prefer to sleep in a tank that’s soft to the touch, breathable, and has a relaxed fit.
Should I sleep in a tank top?
That’s up to you. Sleeping in a tank top can help keep you cool, so this could be a great sleepwear choice for people who run hot at night. But there are plenty of other great pajama options, including camisoles, thermals, and so on.
What’s the best tank top fabric?
This is really a matter of personal preference. Tank tops can be made from a variety of fabrics and materials, including cotton, elastane, Modal, polyester, spandex, and so on. When you’re choosing a tank top for sleeping, it’s smart to choose fabrics that are soft, breathable, and maybe a little stretchy so they move with your body.