Brentwood has been around for for over 30 years and is now selling their Brentwood Home line direct to consumers from their website. The Cedar is a bed in a box mattress that uses organic materials in its construction. I will be doing a review of the plush version of the Cedar mattress, but will have some information on the construction and feel of the firm option in my written review. Before I get the chance to review the Brentwood Home Cedar though, I had to unbox it and let it decompress for a while.
- Sleeps Cool: The construction uses latex foam, which is a material known for its cooling properties, in the comfort layer to defend against trapping body heat. Also, the tall coil support layer creates space in the mattress that allows airflow through for temperature regulation.
- Bounce: Latex foam has a quick response to pressure and the coils give the mattress some springiness, so you won’t feel stuck in the Cedar.
- Organic Mattress: The Cedar uses natural materials in its construction, so if you are interested in staying away from chemicals in your mattress, then this could be a good option.
That’s it for now, stay on the lookout for my upcoming review!
Logan is the content director of Sleepopolis, which means he not only reviews new mattresses every week, but also curates all the comparisons, best of pages, and video guides on the site. He takes a straightforward, honest approach to his reviews and endeavors to give viewers an objective look at each new product he tries out. Logan has perfected his method by personally testing over 200 different mattresses, so he’s not only able to discern the overall vibe of a specific bed, but to contextualize its feel within the bed-in-a-box market as a whole.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019
- Best Labor Day Mattress Deals 2019 - August 24, 2019