In this review, I’m taking a close look at two mattress pads from eLuxury — the Extra Plush Midnight Grey and the Copper Infused pad. If you’ve been looking for a way to add a little extra comfort to your mattress, one of these cozy sleep accessories might be just the ticket… But how do you know which one is the best fit for you?
Well, that’s where I come in. So keep reading to learn everything there is to know about these eLuxury mattress pads!
Bedding brand eLuxury was founded in 2009, and is proudly owned and operated by veterans of the U.S. military. Every product is made in America, and the company primarily focuses on mattress pads, toppers, and protectors. At the start of 2019, eLuxury added two new mattress pads to the roster, and guess what? We’re about to see what they’re all about.
So kick back, relax, and get ready to explore the Extra Plush Midnight Grey and Copper Infused mattress pads. After all, the only way to really know the ins and outs of a sleep accessory is to personally test it out.
What Are eLuxury Mattress Pads Made Of?
Before we get into the construction of these pads, let’s clarify what they are. Many confuse mattress pads for toppers, but they’re actually quite different. A mattress pad (like what we have here) is more similar to a fitted sheet in that it comes with a skirt that affixes to your bed.
A topper, on the other hand, is typically much thicker than a pad, and does not come with a fitted skirt. While both add an extra comfort layer to a mattress, toppers are typically 3-4 inches deep and geared more toward pressure relief. Conversely, mattress pads usually have a loft of one inch or less.
If you’ve just realized that you’re actually in the market for a topper, be sure to check out my guide to the best memory foam mattress toppers! But first, let’s dive into these mattress pads because they just might be the accessories you never knew you needed.
Cover Fabric : Polyester
Both mattress pads are covered in polyester and feel soft and breathable to the touch. Polyester is also a naturally moisture-wicking material, so might be particularly beneficial to hot sleepers, or those prone to night sweats.
While both cover fabrics are polyester based, there are a few key differences between them. The Extra Plush Midnight Grey Pad is (as you probably guessed) dark grey in color and, in my experience, most mattress pads are white.
Meanwhile, the Copper Infused pad is white, but it has copper fibers woven into the cover fabric. Many bedding brands praise copper for its cooling and antimicrobial properties (this is not the first copper-infused accessory I’ve tested, by the way), and this eLuxurySupply pad is said to be ideal for hot sleepers with allergies.
Internal Fill : Revoloft
Both mattress pads are filled with a down-alternative fiberfill called Revoloft, which feels cushy, plush, and super cozy. Those who sleep on a firm mattress and want to make it a little softer would likely be compatible with either of these pads, but remember — they are not mattress toppers and do not significantly affect the firmness of your bed.
Each mattress pad is 1.5 inches deep which, in my experience, is on the lofty side. While mattress toppers are typically 3-4 inches deep, mattress pads are often fewer than one inch thick. So, again, while these accessories are not meant to provide deep pressure relief, I’m pleased with how plush and lofty they are!
Fitted Skirt Depth : 18 Inches
As I mentioned, sometthing that separates mattress pads from toppers is that pads have a fitted skirt that gets tucked beneath your mattress. Essentially, you dress your mattress with a pad in the same way you would a fitted sheet. But remember — the pad goes directly on top of your mattress, and then you make your bed like you normally would.
Both of these mattress pads come with a fitted skirt capable of accommodating mattresses up to 18 inches deep, so even those with tall mattresses should be able to find a good fit. Additionally, the fitted skirts are made from spandex which helps the material cling to the bed rather than bunch up or look baggy.
The Bottom Line : Plush, Durable, Protective
These mattress pads are made from the same high-quality materials, and they both feel plush and durable. Additionally, they each offer a lofty profile of 1.5 inches which is ideal for sleepers looking to add a fluffy comfort layer to their mattress. Not to mention, these pads protect your mattress and help to keep it clean and pristine.
That said, the copper infused pad is designed to be more compatible with sleepers who run hot and/or need a little extra help keeping allergens at bay. Meanwhile, the grey topper is better for those looking to take a break from the traditional white mattress pad.
How Do eLuxury Mattress Pads Feel?
Now we know what each mattress pad is made of, so let’s take a closer examination of how each one feels.
Extra Plush Midnight Grey Mattress Pad
This mattress pad feels very soft, cushy, and made my bed feel a bit less firm. I’m also pleased to report that, despite not being infused with copper, I never felt like it trapped my body heat or warmed up at all.
In fact, I have to say that I found both mattress pads to feel quite similar. While the antimicrobial properties of copper are definitely a perk, I can’t say that I felt any difference in temperature regulation between these two pads.
While I do enjoy the dark grey style of this pad, the color is the only notable difference, in my opinion. This brings me to my main complaint about this pad — I think the title “extra plush” is a little misleading. Yes, these mattress pads are plush and fluffy, but they are the same loft. Each pad is 1.5 inches deep and filled with the same material which makes their level of plushness equal.
Copper Infused Mattress Pad
As I said, I found both mattress pads to feel pretty much the same. However, I was a little underwhelmed by the cooling properties of this pad. Granted, I’m a very hot sleeper, so maybe copper isn’t quite enough to dissipate my body’s heat. But it’s worth noting that this pad does not feel cool to the touch.
That said, I think the antimicrobial benefits of copper is the primary perk here. Of course, resistance to allergens is not something that can be seen or felt, but it’s nice to know that the copper is working to keep your sleep space clean.
Ultimately, I think both mattress pads are great! They’re plush, protective, and loftier than the average pad. I just wish that the “extra plush” topper were, in fact, extra plush, and that the copper infused pad were more cooling.
Should I Buy An eLuxury Mattress Pad?
Okay sleepers, let’s recap the highlights of these mattress pads so you can better determine if they’re the best fit for you:
- Extra Plush – In my opinion, both mattress pads are extra plush. As I said, 1.5 inches is considered nice and lofty in the world of mattress pads, and these offer a luxuriously fluffy feel.
- Antimicrobial Copper – Copper is a naturally antimicrobial material which means that the copper infused mattress pad can reportedly keep mold, mildew, dust mites, and other allergens away from your mattress.
- Striking Style – For some sleepers, the Midnight Grey pad might be a welcome change of style. In my experience, most mattress pads are plain white, so this pad might be ideal for folks looking to switch up the look of their bedding.
- Return Policy – Not sure you’re compatible with either of these mattress pads? Don’t worry — you have 30 days to return them for a full refund. And if you do decide to return them, eLuxury handles all shipping costs.
- Machine Washable – If you’ve been wondering whether accessories this big can be washed in a machine, I’m happy to report that they can! Just wash them one at a time in a high capacity machine, and use a cold gentle setting with mild detergent. Then, tumble-dry on low heat.
eLuxury Mattress Pad Complaints
Of course, there are a few things about these mattress pads that some might consider to be drawbacks:
- Equal Plushness – Both mattress pads are filled with a down-alternative called Revoloft, and they are each 1.5 inches deep. So, essentially, they feel exactly the same and the “extra plush” pad is not more plush than the copper infused pad.
- Copper Cooling – It’s hard to say for sure whether or not the copper infused pad will dissipate body heat. In my experience, I didn’t note any cooling qualities, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work for you. Every body is different, of course, and we all run at different temperatures. But it’s important to remember that the copper pad does not feel cool to the touch.
- Price – Personally, I have no complaints about cost as I think these toppers are reasonably priced considering their lofty profiles and durable materials. But at about $110 for each Queen sized pad, these accessories aren’t going to be in everyone’s budget.
Anything Else I Should Know?
- Pricing – $99-$114 (Copper Infused Pad), $105-$129 (Extra Plush Midnight Grey Pad)
- Sizing – Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King
- Shipping & Returns – free within the U.S.
- 30 Day Return Policy
- Wash Care – wash individually on a cold, gentle cycle and tumble dry on low heat
- Made in America
Well, we’ve reached the end of my review and you’re that much closer to deciding if an eLuxury mattress pad is the right sleep accessory for you. And while you carefully consider every last detail, don’t forget to like and subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Impressive Value, Great Comfort
The eLuxurySupply 2″ memory foam mattress topper is soft, provides a good balance between sinkage and hug as well as body contour, and adds a slight degree of support to most mattresses. If you’re looking to soften up your mattress, but avoid spending a fortune, this topper is a great choice to consider. It’s quality build and extremely low price point make it a great option.