When it comes to bed skirts, they’re generally one size fits all. But the same isn’t true for mattresses, which come in a variety of sizes and designs. This means that no matter how much time someone spends researching the best bed skirt for their needs, there’s still a chance it won’t fit a mattress perfectly on its own. That’s the bad news, but here’s the good: Bed skirt pins can help customize a bed skirt to a particular mattress and ensure a snug fit.
So how does one find the best bed skirt pins for their needs? Obviously, the most important factor will be whether the pins in question successfully hold a bed skirt in place. Beyond that, it’s also helpful to consider preferences when it comes to the material in the pins, whether you want a transparent top (so there’s’ no risk of clashing with bedding), and how many pins you need. To get started, we’ve put together this roundup of some of the best bed skirt pins around.
Floranea Twist Pins for Bed Skirt
- The pins are made from a combination of stainless steel and plastic, so they’re fairly sturdy. They’re designed for use with light- and medium-weight fabrics.
- The pins can be removed by twisting the pin in the opposite direction.
- They come in a plastic box, so it’s easy to store leftover pins.
- These are fairly budget-friendly bed skirt pins.
One possible con? Because the pins are small, it can take some effort to twist them into the mattress.
The Floranea Twist Pins for Bed Skirt utilize stainless steel to create sturdy pins that should hold any light- or medium-weight fabric. The removable pins come in a plastic box that makes storing leftovers a breeze.
Bed N’ Basics Upholstery Twisty Pins
- The pins’ heads are translucent, so they don’t stand out or clash with bedding.
- They’re sold in packs of 12, 50, and 100, so you can pay for only what’s needed.
- The pins can be screwed back out of the mattress for easy removal.
- These are budget-friendly bed skirt pins.
- These aren’t the sturdiest pins around, and some of them might bend while trying to insert them into the mattress.
- The translucent cap sometimes separates easily from the pins.
Translucent heads mean the Bed N’ Basics Upholstery Twisty Pins won’t clash with bedroom decor. The budget-friendly bed skirt pins come in packs of 12, 50, and 100 to customize an order size to your needs.
Sumind Clear Twist Pins for Bed Skirts
- The pins are made from a combination of nickel-plated steel and plastic, and they’re designed to be anti-rust.
- They have clear heads, so they won’t clash with decor.
- The pins come in a plastic box, so it’s easy to store leftovers.
- These are a little pricier than other options (though still pretty cheap!).
- The pins might not be sturdy enough to hold heavier weight fabrics.
Anti-rust construction and translucent heads are two of the standout features on the Sumind Clear Twist Pins for Bed Skirts. The pins come in a plastic box that makes for easy storage.
GREEN FABWOOD Twisty Pins for Bed Skirts
- This is an extremely cost-effective bed skirt solution.
- The pins are made from nickel-plated steel. The tops are ½” in diameter, and the metal portion is ⅜” long.
- The pins are designed to hold light- and medium-weight bed skirts in place.
- It can be difficult to screw the pins into the mattress.
- These are bargain-friendly pins, so be prepared to lose a few to breakage during the insertion process.
The budget-friendly GREEN FABWOOD Twisty Pins for Bed Skirts offer decent functionality at a remarkably low price. The pins are made from nickel-plated steel and should be long enough to secure light- or medium-weight fabrics.
How We Picked
A quick search for “best bed skirt pins” reveals that there are a ton of options out there, and they all seem kind of… the same. So how to narrow in on the best products? We used the following criteria.
Some people don’t mind the sight of bed skirt pins, while others want to minimize their appearance as much as possible. For folks who fall into the latter camp, we’ve included several options with transparent heads that will minimize the chance of the pins clashing with bedroom decor.
Our primary consideration for assessing bed skirt pins is very straightforward: Will they actually hold a bed skirt in place? Because bed skirts and mattress sizes vary so much, we can’t make any guarantees. But we did our due diligence to find pins that are more likely to work than not. You might lose a few pins in the process, but for the most part any of these options should do the job.
The materials used to construct a bed skirt pin will have a big impact on its durability. We included options that are designed with sturdiness in mind, including pins that incorporate stainless or nickel-plated steel.
Some pins are designed to be easily removable, which can be convenient for folks who want to change out a bed skirt or take it off for a wash. If easy “removability” is important, then stick to the options that include this functionality.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Still trying to settle on the best bed skirt pins for your needs? Ask the following:
- Is a translucent cap preferable? This helps ensure that the bed skirt pin doesn’t stand out or detract from bedding.
- Is “removability” important? For folks who anticipate needing to remove their bed skirt every so often, looking for pins that are designed to be removed easily can save some hassle.
- Which materials are best? Many pins are made with some combination of plastic, stainless steel, and/or nickel-plated steel. Some people might have reasons for preferring one material over another (for instance, people who have a nickel allergy might want to avoid nickel-plated options). Choose according to your own needs.
The right bed skirt pins will help ensure that a bed skirt stays in place and maintains a nice drape. So once you’ve found the perfect bed skirt, go ahead and pair it with a quality set of bed skirt pins to ensure that investment performs as desired.
What are bed skirt pins for?
Bed skirt pins are used to hold a bed skirt in place around a mattress and ensure the bed skirt drapes nicely around the bed. Because not all mattresses are sized the same way, bed skirts don't always drape well on their own. Bed skirt pins help prevent the bed skirt from shifting.
What are bed skirt pins made of?
Bed skirt pins can be made from a variety of materials including plastic, stainless steel, and nickel-plated steel. The most durable options tend to be stainless or nickel-plated steel. People with nickel allergies might want to steer clear of nickel-plated options.
How do you pin a bed skirt?
Bed skirt pins work sort of like corkscrews. Hold the bed skirt in place, and then "screw" a pin through the bed skirt and into the mattress. Repeat this procedure all the way around the mattress, spacing the pins out evenly.