Fleece blankets make life better. They’re soft, cozy, and comfortable, and having them around invites you to relax, snuggle up, and let the day’s troubles melt away. But finding the best fleece blanket for your needs can feel like anything but a picnic.
How do you filter through the hundreds of fleece blanket options that are out there? Start by thinking about your sizing needs, color or pattern preferences, and budget. Then check out our list of best fleece blankets, which are all but guaranteed to offer soft, cozy comfort.
Kingole Flannel Fleece Microfiber Throw Blanket
- The blanket comes in many colors and sizes, including a travel/throw size.
- Given how soft and durable this is, it’s surprisingly budget-friendly.
- The blanket is machine-washable, and the manufacturer says it’s fade- and shrink-resistant.
- The blanket is lightweight yet warm, so it should be appropriate for most seasons.
- Some users have reported that certain colors might produce a lot of lint.
- Some users have shared that certain colors might not match their pictures exactly.
The soft, durable Kingole Flannel Fleece Microfiber Throw Blanket is both lightweight and warm. The machine-washable blanket should be fade- and shrink-resistant.
Qbedding Inc. Luxury Collection Microplush Fleece Blanket
- This is a budget-friendly fleece blanket.
- It’s available in 14 solid colors and patterns and several sizes, so there should be an option to suit most aesthetic preferences.
- The manufacturer claims that it’s made with anti-static fibers, so it’s less likely to shock you while you’re snuggling.
- The blanket is soft and lightweight, so it should be appropriate for all-season use.
- Because this is a lighter-weight blanket, it won’t replace a comforter or heavier blanket in cold temps.
- Some users have reported that the blanket smells a little when it first arrives. A quick turn through the wash should eliminate any bad odors.
The budget-friendly Qbedding Inc. Luxury Collection Microplush Fleece Blanket is made with anti-static fibers, so your snuggle sessions won’t be interrupted by shocks. It’s available in 14 colors and patterns and several sizes.
Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Blanket
- It’s available in 20 solid colors and patterns, so it should be easy to customize the blanket to your bedroom decor.
- The blanket offers two types of comfort in one: one side is soft fleece, while the other is plush Sherpa.
- The manufacturer says the blanket is fade- and stain-resistant.
- The blanket is soft, cozy, and warm.
When it comes to cons, some users have noted that newer versions of the blanket don’t seem to be the same level of quality as older versions. We can’t vouch for that because we don’t have both an old and new version to compare, but it’s worth noting.
Enjoy two types of blankets in one with the Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Blanket. Soft fleece and plush Sherpa offer the ultimate in soft, cozy comfort.
Best Faux Fur
DaDa Bedding Sherpa Fleece Throw Blanket
- It’s available in several rich colors and patterns that add a touch of luxury to any bedroom.
- Both sides of the blanket feature warm fleece, which makes this extra-cozy.
- This is a heavier-weight fleece blanket that should keep you warm even in colder temps.
- The blanket is machine-washable for easy at-home care.
- Some users have reported that certain colors don’t exactly match their pictures.
- While the blanket is machine-washable, some users have reported that it loses its softness if you put it in the dryer. So you might need to air-dry only.
The DaDa Bedding Sherpa Fleece Throw Blanket is available in several rich, luxurious colors. Both sides of the machine-washable blanket are made from soft fleece.
VEEYOO Fleece Blanket
- This is a relatively budget-friendly fleece blanket.
- It’s available in 11 solid colors, so there should be an option for most tastes.
- The blanket is very soft, and the manufacturer says it’s hypoallergenic.
- The blanket is on the lighter side, so it’s ideal for decorative purposes or for when you just need a little extra warmth without getting hot.
- Some users have reported that the blanket produces lint after washings.
- When we say “lightweight,” we mean it. The blanket is on the thin side, so it won’t appeal to people who are looking for a warm, fluffy throw.
The budget-friendly VEEYOO Fleece Blanket is available in 11 solid colors. The lightweight blanket is soft and hypoallergenic.
HOZY Soft Fleece Blanket
- This is a budget-friendly fleece blanket that offers great value for the price.
- It’s available in 11 solid colors and multiple sizes, so there should be an option for most preferences.
- The blanket is double-sided: one side is smooth, while the other is plush.
- The blanket is machine washable, and the manufacturer says that it’s fade- and shrink-resistant.
- Some users have reported that the blanket starts to shed lint after multiple washings.
- This is a budget-friendly blanket, so it’s not the most durable option.
The HOZY Soft Fleece Blanket offers great value at a bargain price. The double-sided blanket is available in 11 solid colors and multiple sizes.
How We Picked
When it comes to fleece blankets, there’s one factor that distinguishes the best from the rest: comfort. At a minimum, any fleece blanket worth its salt should be soft, comfy, and cozy. You should be able to stay comfortable while snuggled up under any of these blankets, with no risk of scratches!
Beyond comfort, we also considered the following factors.
Fleece blankets come in tons of colors and patterns. The right option for you will vary depending on your bedroom decor (or the decor of whatever room in which you’re planning to keep the blanket). There should be something for pretty much every taste on this list.
The blankets on this list vary in price from less than $20 to over $50. There should be a quality option for most price points.
Some people want a fleece blanket to keep them warm during cold winters, while others just want a little extra weight on their bed in the summer. We included both warm, heavy-duty fleece blankets and lighter-weight blankets so you can choose according to your climate and needs.
Some people want to drape their fleece blanket over the foot of the bed or a chair, while others want a blanket that will fit their entire bed. Your functional needs will dictate the size that you need. We included blankets that come in a variety of sizes, from travel blankets to King-sized ones, so you can find what’s right for you.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
When selecting the best fleece blanket for your needs, ask yourself the following:
- What are your size needs? Do you want the blanket to drape over the sides of a Queen-sized bed, or are you looking for a throw blanket to sit under while you’re reading or watching TV? Make sure you measure whatever surface you’re planning to cover (even if that’s just your own body!) so you get the right size for your needs.
- What are your aesthetic preferences? Do you want a solid color, or a particular print or pattern? Think about what will best match your bedroom decor to rule out some options.
- What’s your climate? Do you need a heavy fleece blanket to help you stay warm in colder temps, or will a lighter blanket be sufficient for your temperature needs?
The best fleece blankets are soft, comfortable, and cozy. They invite you to relax, get really comfortable, and kick your feet up after a long day. By considering your aesthetic preferences and your sizing needs, you’ll soon be snuggled up under the right blanket for you.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Best Comforters - October 12, 2019
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019