Purchasing a bed set for your full sized bed is a quick way to overhaul the look of your bed (and your entire bedroom). While different sets include different pieces, at a minimum, a bed set should have a comforter, a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases. These coordinated pieces save you the hassle of having to mix and match the same pieces from different brands. Buying them as a set can also save you some money.
How do you settle on the best full sized bed set for your needs? For starters, think about your personal style preferences and your functional needs. (For instance, do you care whether the set has a bed skirt? Do you need pillow shams in a particular size?) Then pair these considerations with your budget and consult our roundup to get started on your search!
Bare Home Bed-in-A-Bag 7 Piece Comforter & Sheet Set
- The set includes a comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet, two pillow shams, and two pillowcases.
- The set’s fabric is double-brushed microfiber, which is soft to the touch.
- It’s OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means the set is free of certain harmful chemicals and meets environmental regulations.
- The comforter is plush, and its filling is warm and fairly breathable.
- Some users have reported that the stitching doesn’t hold up super well through repeated washings.
- If you like your comforter to have a ton of drape, you might need to order a size up.
Soft bedding and a warm, plush comforter mean the Bare Home Bed-In-A-Bag 7 Piece Comforter & Sheet Set should keep you comfortable year-round. The set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified.
AmazonBasics 8-Piece Comforter Bedding Set
- The set includes a complementary comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, two pillow shams, two pillowcases, and a bedskirt.
- It’s available in nine patterns, so you can customize the aesthetic to your bedroom decor.
- The fabric is made from 100% polyester microfiber and has a soft hand feel.
- The set is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, which means it meets certain safety and environmental standards.
- The sheets are pretty thin, which might not appeal to everyone and means they might not be super durable.
- This doesn’t relate to the set itself, but some users have mentioned that the set arrived with pieces missing.
The comprehensive AmazonBasics 8-Piece Comforter Bedding Set is soft to the touch and comes in nine patterns. It’s also made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory.
AmazonBasics 10-Piece Comforter Bedding Set
- The set is very comprehensive. It includes a complementary comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, two pillow shams, two pillowcases, a bedskirt, a rectangular pillow, and a square pillow.
- The fabric is made from 100% polyester microfiber, which is soft to the touch.
- The set is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, so it is free of certain harmful chemicals and meets environmental standards.
- Given how many pieces are in this set, it’s pretty budget-friendly.
- The sheets are thin, and some users have reported that threads start to show after repeated washings.
- The Full/Queen size is meant to fit both Full and Queen sized beds, which means people who don’t like a lot of drape might find there’s too much fabric on their Full mattress.
The 10-piece AmazonBasics Comforter Bedding Set comes with pretty much everything you need to overhaul your entire bed. The soft fabric is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory.
Most Comprehensive Set
KingLinen 12 Piece Bernard Comforter Set
- The set contains 12 pieces: a comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, two pillowcases, two shams, two Euro shams, a bedskirt, a breakfast pillow, and a square pillow.
- It’s available in five vibrant colors with a white geometric pattern, which lends the set a fairly modern aesthetic.
- The set seems to be sized well to most Full-sized mattresses.
- The sheets aren’t the softest option around, which might not appeal to some people.
- Some users have reported that the set doesn’t hold up super well to repeat washings.
Overhaul your entire bed with the comprehensive KingLinen 12 Piece Bernard Comforter Set. It’s distinguished by a modern design, vibrant colors, and a nice fit.
Sweet Home Collection 7 Piece Bed-In-A-Bag
- The set includes a comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet, and four pillowcases.
- The fabric is 100% double-brushed microfiber, which has a soft hand feel. The set is available in tons of colors, so it’s easy to tailor it to your bedroom decor.
- The fitted sheet has deep pockets to accommodate mattresses up to 16 inches deep.
- The comforter is filled with a down alternative that’s held in place by box stitching, which helps protect against cold spots.
- This set isn’t as comprehensive as some of the other options on this list. The four pillowcases are all the same size as opposed to being a mixture of both shams and pillowcases.
- If you like a lot of drape on your bed, you’ll probably want to order a size up.
The budget-friendly Sweet Home Collection 7 Piece Bed-In-A-Bag lets you choose from tons of colors to give your bed a basic upgrade. The comforter’s fill is held in place by box stitching, and the fabric is soft to the touch.
How We Picked
First things first: We have to define what we’re talking about when we talk about full sized bed sets. By our standards, every set on this list had to include at least the following: a comforter, a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases. That distinction ruled out a lot of three- and two-piece sets, and it also ensures that any option on this list will let you upgrade your bed’s overall look.
Here’s a look at the other factors we considered.
Every set on this list has at least five pieces, and many of them include more than that. If you’re partial to additional pieces such as bed skirts or decorative pillows, you’ll find a variety of options here.
The options on this list range from solid colors to floral patterns, geometric prints, and everything in between. Because aesthetics are a matter of personal preference, we included a lot of design options so you can choose what suits you best.
A bed set with a minimum of five pieces can range from around $40 to well over $60. That’s not a terribly huge range, but it’s also not insignificant. We included options across that spectrum so you can choose according to your budget.
In our view, bedding should be comfortable. After all, your skin is going to be in contact with it every single night! So we prioritized options that are soft to the touch.
Whenever possible, we focused on options that are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified. This means they meet basic standards when it comes to environmental consciousness and making sure the materials are free of certain harmful chemicals.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Trying to settle on the best full sized bed set for you? Ask yourself the following:
- What are your stylistic preferences? Do you want a solid color, and if so, which color? Are you more interested in a floral or geometric print (or something else)? Clarifying your aesthetic preferences is a fast way to narrow down your options.
- What are your functional needs? Do you need a bed skirt, or do you not want to pay extra for an item you won’t use? Do you need a particular style of sham to match existing pillow inserts? Are you hoping for a set that includes decorative pillows? The answers to these questions will help you refine your search.
The best full sized bed set for your needs will match your bedroom decor and personal style, and it will come with all the pieces you need to overhaul the look of your bed. Considering your aesthetic and functional preferences before you shop will help ensure that you land on the bed set of your dreams.