There are several reasons to invest in a quilt cover. One is aesthetic: A new quilt cover lets you upgrade the look of your bed without having to shell out for a whole new quilt. Another reason to purchase a quilt cover is functional: These covers help protect your quilt from stains and spills, and they’re often easier to clean than the quilt itself. This can take the hassle out of maintaining a hygienic sleep space.
So how do you choose the best quilt cover for your needs? Start by thinking about your preferences when it comes to the overall look of a cover. Then consider your price point, your preferences about materials, and the size of the quilt that you’re trying to cover. Finally, check out our roundup to find some stellar options!
Brandream Duvet Quilt Cover
- This is a quilt cover set that comes with a cover and two matching pillowcases.
- The set is made out of 800 thread count, 100% Egyptian Cotton with a sateen weave. This creates a soft, elegant aesthetic.
- The set is machine-washable and dryer-friendly.
- The quilt cover features a user-friendly button closure.
One con? This is a relatively expensive quilt cover, and it won’t be accessible to all price points.
The elegant Brandream Duvet Quilt Cover set is made from 800 thread count, 100% Egyptian Cotton. The quilt cover features a button closure and comes with two matching pillowcases.
Queen’s House Duvet Quilt Cover Set
- This is a quilt cover set that includes a cover and two pillow shams with ruffled edges.
- The cover is made from 100% washed cotton, which is soft to the touch.
- The cover has four corner ties to help hold a quilt in place.
- The set is machine-washable.
- The set is a little pricey.
- Because the fabric is thin, a dark quilt might show through the lighter colors.
The Queen’s House Duvet Quilt Cover Set features ruffled edges around the cover and shams to create a vintage look. The machine-washable set is made from 100% washed cotton.
Villa Feel Egyptian Cotton Quilt Cover
- This is a quilt cover set that includes a quilt and two shams (for Queen or King sizes) or one sham (for a Twin).
- The set is made from 1,000 thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton with a percale weave. It’s lightweight and soft to the touch.
- The set is available in several colors and patterns.
- The colors might not exactly match their photos. (They could seem a little more muted.)
- The manufacturer recommends hand-washing, which can be a hassle (though the set is technically machine-washable).
The soft Villa Feel Egyptian Cotton Quilt Cover is made from 1,000 thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton with a percale weave. The quilt cover is available in several colors and patterns and comes with two matching pillow shams.
EMONIA Zipper Closure Quilt Cover
- The double-brushed microfiber fabric is soft to the touch.
- This is a quilt cover set that comes with two matching shams.
- The cover features a hidden zipper closure and six internal loop ties to help hold a quilt securely in place.
- The cover is machine-washable and dryer-friendly.
One con? The quilt cover only comes in Queen and King sizes, so there isn’t an option for all mattress sizes.
The EMONIA Zipper Closure Quilt Cover comes with two matching pillow shams and is soft to the touch. The cover has a hidden zipper closure and internal loop ties that help hold a quilt in place.
One More Option
Argstar Modern Style Quilt Cover
- This quilt cover set includes a cover and two pillowcases.
- It’s available in tons of colors and patterns, from checkered plaid to floral and pretty much everything in between.
- The quilt cover features a zippered closure and corner ties to help keep a quilt in place.
- The set is machine-washable.
- The microfiber fabric isn’t the softest option on this list, and it has a sort of synthetic feel.
- This might not be the most durable or long-lasting option.
The Argstar Modern Style Quilt Cover is available in tons of patterns that come with two matching pillowcases. The machine-washable cover has a zippered closure and corner ties to hold a quilt in place.
How We Picked
To select our picks for best quilt covers, we emphasized the following.
Like duvet covers, quilt covers are available in a huge range of designs, colors, and patterns. This includes ruffled or smoothed edges, plaid or floral designs, and much (much!) more. There’s no “best look” when it comes to quilt covers; instead, aesthetics are a matter of personal preference. For that reason, we included options that are available in a wide range of designs, colors, and patterns. Choose accordingly!
Quilt covers can range in price from around $25 to over $80. That’s a big range! We included options across that spectrum, so you should be able to find a cover that suits your price point.
Ease of Care
One of the perks of a quilt cover is that it’s typically easier to wash a thin cover than it is to wash a whole quilt (especially because some quilts aren’t machine-washable). At least, that’s how it should be. We prioritized options that are machine-washable so they’re easy to care for.
Quilt covers can be made from a variety of materials, including cotton, Egyptian cotton, microfiber, and more. Some people have strong preferences when it comes to the materials used in their bedding, so we included various options to suit different tastes.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Trying to choose the best quilt cover for your needs? Consider the following:
- Aesthetics. Do you want a quilt cover that reflects a particular color, design, or pattern? This is a quick way to narrow your search.
- Materials. Do you want a quilt cover that’s made from Egyptian Cotton? How about double-brushed microfiber? Something else? Your preferences around materials can help you eliminate various options.
- Sizing. Not all quilt covers are available in all mattress sizes. The size of your quilt could dictate which options are available to you.
A quilt cover should help you protect a beloved quilt and make it easier to keep your sleep space clean. It can also upgrade the overall look of your bedroom. This means taking the time to select the best quilt cover for your needs should pay off for years to come.
What does “quilt cover” mean?
A quilt cover can refer to two different things. Sometimes, it refers to the outer layer of a quilt. But more often, it refers to a type of duvet cover that’s designed to go over a quilt. This cover helps protect the quilt from spills and stains, and it may be easier to wash than the quilt itself.
What is a quilt used for?
Quilts can serve several purposes. Most commonly, they’re layered on top of a bed for extra warmth and/or to achieve a particular design aesthetic. Some people also use quilts as throws for sofas or chairs or even as wall decoration.
What does a quilt cover set include?
This varies from brand to brand. But as a general rule, a quilt cover set will include a quilt cover and one or more color-coordinated pillowcases or pillow shams. Twin-size quilt covers usually come with a single pillowcase or sham, while larger sizes usually come with two pillowcases or shams.