In the market for a new twin comforter set? First you should get clear about what you’re buying, because the term means different things to different people. In our view, a twin comforter set should contain a minimum of two pieces: a comforter and a pillowcase or sham. More rarely, some sets will include additional pieces.
How do you settle on the best twin comforter set for your needs? Consider your aesthetic tastes, budget, and preferences when it comes to materials and feel. (For instance, do you want crisp cotton or soft, brushed microfiber?) Once you’ve gotten clear about your criteria, consult our roundup to get started with some stellar options.
Bare Home Comforter Set
- The set is available in lots of solid colors, so you can personalize it to your aesthetic preferences.
- This is a relatively budget-friendly twin comforter set.
- The comforter’s cover is made from hypoallergenic, 1,800 thread count, double-brushed microfiber, which is soft to the touch.
- The material is OEKO-TEX certified, which means it’s free of certain harmful chemicals and meets environmental standards.
- The comforter is fairly thin, so it might not be ideal for extra-cold temperatures. That said, it is warm. It’ll just come down to your personal circumstances.
- Some users have reported that the comforter is prone to “leaking” stuffing over time.
Tons of color options, a budget-friendly price, and soft materials earn the Bare Home Comforter Set the title of Editor’s Choice. The materials are OEKO-TEX certified, which is good news for your health and the planet.
HIG 2pc Down Alternative Comforter Set
- This a very budget-friendly twin comforter set.
- It’s available in several solid, reversible color options, so you get two colors for the price of one.
- The material is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means it doesn’t use a number of harmful chemicals and adheres to certain environmental standards.
- This is a medium-weight comforter that should offer all-season comfort.
- The material is fairly thin, so it won’t appeal to people who like fluffy comforters. (That said, the comforter is still pretty warm.)
- The comforter runs a bit small, so if you like a lot of drape you might need to order a size up.
A reversible design means you get two colors for the price of one with the HIG 2pc Down Alternative Comforter Set. The budget-friendly set features OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified materials.
Basic Beyond Down Alternative Comforter Set
- The set is available in several reversible solid colors and patterns, so there are lots of choices for different aesthetic preferences.
- This is a relatively budget-friendly comforter twin set.
- The cover of the comforter is made from brushed microfiber, which is soft to the touch.
- This is a medium-weight comforter that should be able to provide year-round warmth (especially if you pair it with other blankets in the winter).
- The material is fairly thin, which means it might not be the most durable.
- Some users have reported that certain colors (especially orange) don’t exactly match their pictures.
Choose from a variety of reversible color and pattern options to customize the Basic Beyond Down Alternative Comforter Set to your bedroom decor. The medium-weight comforter should provide year-round comfort.
Best Floral Print
Wake In Cloud Comforter Set
- The set is available in five vivid, floral designs.
- The comforter’s cover is made from 100% cotton and is soft to the touch.
- The comforter is fairly lightweight, so it should be comfortable even during warmer months.
- The comforter is pretty breathable, so this might be a good option for people who tend to sleep hot.
- Because it’s vacuum sealed, the set might arrive quite wrinkled. You might need to put it through the wash to remove the wrinkles.
- The comforter is on the thinner side and isn’t as fluffy as it appears in pictures.
Choose from five pretty floral designs with the 100% cotton Wake In Cloud Comforter Set. The comforter is lightweight and breathable.
AmazonBasics Comforter Set
- This is a very budget-friendly twin comforter set that includes one comforter and one sham.
- The reversible set comes in tons of colors and patterns, so you can customize it to your bedroom decor.
- The cover is made from 100% polyester microfiber, which is soft to the touch.
- The set is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, which means it meets certain safety and environmental standards.
- The material is very thin, which means it might not keep you warm in super cold temps.
- Some users have reported that certain colors don’t match their photos.
Soft materials and reversible colors make the AmazonBasics Comforter Set a great value for the price. The set is made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified factory.
How We Picked
First things first: The number one criterion for every selection here is the contents. At a minimum, every comforter set should include a comforter and a pillowcase or sham. If an item claimed to be a comforter set but didn’t meet this requirement, we nixed it.
Beyond that, we also considered the following factors:
We included comforter sets that feature a variety of design options, from solid colors to stripes, floral prints, or other patterns. You should be able to find an option that jives with your aesthetic preferences.
Comfort can come down to several factors including weight, material, and hand feel. It’s also subjective.
For example, some people prefer a heavyweight comforter, others want a lightweight option for warmer months, and so on. When it comes to materials, you might prefer cotton or be fine with polyester. Some people like a crisp feel, while others like their comforter to feel super soft and cozy.
We included a variety of options so you can customize the comfort to your preferences.
Twin comforter sets can range in price from less than $30 to around $100. We included sets that are mostly in the middle and lower end of that range. There should be an option for pretty much every price point.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
How do you find the best twin comforter set for your needs? Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- What’s your preferred material? If you’re okay with microfiber/polyester, you’ll find more options. If you prefer 100% cotton or another specific material, that will narrow down your choices.
- What’s your preferred look? Do you want a floral print, a striped set, or a solid color? Different comforter sets come in different designs, so this can help you rule out certain options.
- What’s your budget? Twin comforter sets can range from less than $30 to nearly $100. That’s a big range, so determining your price point can help you clarify your choices.
A quality twin comforter set can pull together your whole bedroom and give your bed a cohesive look. To find the right option for you, think about your design preferences, your budget, and your feelings about materials (e.g. cotton versus microfiber). Before you know it, you’ll be sleeping soundly in an updated bed.