Saatva is a company that sells mattresses, furniture, and bedding accessories, such as pillows, sheet sets, and duvets. The All-Year Down Alternative Comforter is one of two duvet inserts sold by Saatva.
The All-Year Down Alternative Comforter markets itself as breathable and temperature regulating, so it can be used during any season. If that’s true, this comforter could be a great option for hot sleepers who still want to feel comfy-cozy at night or anyone who wants to stick with one comforter throughout the year.
Today, I’ll be testing the All-year Down Alternative Comforter and covering what it’s made of, how it feels, and some pros and cons to help determine if this comforter is right for you. If you just want the highlights, you can jump down to my review summary.
What is the Saatva All-Year Comforter Made Of?
There are many different duvets/comforters on the market, and their materials all vary from each other. Different materials can be best for different kinds of sleepers. To read more on the variety of comforters out there, be sure to check out our best comforter roundup for our top picks.
This comforter contains a shell made from 100 percent organic percale cotton. Saatva’s organic cotton is Fair Trade Certified, meaning it’s held to a certain social, economic, and environmental standard. The comforter is made from a blend of 3D down alternative and moisture-wicking lyocell fill. Lyocell is a material made from wood cellulose. This microfiber fill is popular for its coolness and smoothness. The All-Year Comforter also has blended fiber batting. These alternative fibers are 80 percent polyester and 20 percent rayon.
The Saatva All-Year Comforter has hypoallergenic materials, which is a great perk for anyone with allergies or sensitive skin. The down alternative was designed to withstand allergens, so it won’t trap dust mites and pollen like traditional down can.
The 200 thread count works to maintain proper airflow and prevent the sleeper from overheating. Comforters with a very high thread count may not have the same amount of airflow hot sleepers need. The down alternative and lyocell filling absorb very little body heat, helping you stay cool throughout the night.
The comforter has box-stitch quilting to ensure the lyocell filling is properly distributed and there’s no clumping. It also comes with corner loops so you can easily attach it to a duvet cover; however, the comforter can also stand alone without one.
What Does the Saatva All-Year Comforter Feel Like?
When sleeping with it myself, I felt it was a super crisp and lightweight comforter, but there was also a fluffiness and cozy feel to it. The cotton cover was super soft and wasn’t scratchy or itchy at all, which is something I think most sleepers would appreciate.
This comforter felt pretty versatile. It could be good for sleepers who don’t like a ton of frills to their bedding, but it could also be layered with multiple blankets, or even a weighted blanket, without taking away from its lightweight breathability. I feel like this season comforter could be ideal for year-round use, just like its name suggests.
Is the Saatva All-Year Comforter Good for Hot Sleepers?
I would recommend this as a cooling comforter for hot sleepers. As I mentioned above, the alternative down filling was designed to be temperature regulating, so it kept me cool throughout the night even during the warmer months. The lyocell is also moisture-wicking, which sweating hot sleepers may also appreciate. The shell is cotton, a naturally breathable material that aids with airflow.
How Durable is the Saatva All-Year Comforter?
Durability is always something to note whenever you’re buying a product, especially if it’s bedding you want to last a long time. I felt this comforter was of high quality and didn’t seem poorly made or like it was falling apart. The stitches were all well done and weren’t shedding or coming undone.
The comforter is also machine washable, which I always think is a testament to its durability. If it can get tossed around in the washer and dryer, it will likely hold up. However, be sure to follow the washing instructions provided by Saatva to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Machine wash cold on a gentle cycle with no bleach and tumble dry low to keep its fluff.
Is the Saatva All-Year Comforter Good for You?
Now that we’ve gone over the basics of this product, let’s look at the big picture and see if the Saatva All-year Comforter could be right for you. Ultimately, that decision will be up to you, but I’ll provide some insight to help you out. I’ll have more information about sizing pricing below.
Who should try the Saatva All-Year Comforter
- People who like the fluffy look and feel of a goose down comforter but are sensitive to its material could enjoy the similar alternative down.
- People who have easy cleaning as a priority may like the machine washable feature. No need to make a trip to the dry cleaners!
- Hot sleepers or people living in warm climates who need breathable and moisture-wicking bedding could benefit from this comforter.
Saatva All-Year Comforter complaints
- I wouldn’t consider this comforter to be a “budget buy.” However, it does come with some high-quality materials and features.
- If you want a high-loft, cloud-like comforter, this may not be for you. While it is a fluffy comforter, it’s low-loft with a breathable design so it may not be insulating enough for people who tend to sleep cool.
- If you’re looking for a comforter with a silky smooth feel, this may not be for you. This comforter definitely has a crisp traditional cotton feel. You can also put a duvet cover over it that has a silkier feel, though.
Saatva All-Year Comforter Prices and Sizes
This comforter comes in three sizes. Each size fits two different-sized beds. Below is a chart outlining the sizing and pricing.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
Size Dimensions Price Twin/Twin XL 68” x 90” $225 Full/Queen 88” x 92” $275 King/CA King 106” x 92” $295
Saatva All-Year Comforter Policies and FAQs
How does the Saatva All-Year Comforter ship?
Saatva ships all bedding for free via FedEx.
Does the Saatva All-Year Comforter come with a sleep trial?
Saatva bedding comes with a 45-night sleep trial. If you don’t love it within those 45 nights, you can return it and receive a full refund. There is no restocking or penalty fee for used products, but Saatva asks that you wash them before returning.
Does the Saatva All-Year Comforter come with a warranty?
All Saatva bedding comes with a one-year warranty against workmanship defects.
Is the Saatva All-Year Comforter machine washable?
Yes. Machine wash cold on a gentle cycle with no bleach and tumble dry low.
Saatva All-Year Down Alternative Comforter Vs
Now I want to compare the Saatva All-year Down Alternative Comforter to one of its competitors, the Sleep Number Essential Down Alternative Comforter.
Saatva All-Year Down Alternative Comforter vs Sleep Number Essential Down Alternative Comforter
- Both comforters have a cotton shell and use down alternative filling, but the filling materials differ. Sleep Number has a 100 percent polyester fill.
- The Sleep Number comforter comes as a set that includes matching pillow cases. The Saatva comforter is sold alone with shams sold separately with duvet covers. Both companies sell matching cotton sheets separately.
- The Saatva comforter only comes in one color, white. The Sleep Number comforter comes in a variety of 10 colors.
- Both comforters are machine washable for easy cleaning.
- The Sleep Number comforter has a thread count of 300, and the Saatva comforter has a thread count of 200.
- See our full review of the Sleep Number Essential Down Alternative Comforter for more details.
Other Products from Saatva
Want to know what else Saatva offers? Check out some of our other Saatva product reviews!
- Saatva Mattress Review
- Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress Review
- Saatva HD Mattress Review
- Saatva Solair Mattress Review
- Saatva Modern Foam Mattress Review
- Saatva Dreams Lofton Sheets Review
- Saatva Graphite Mattress Topper Review
- Saatva Latex Pillow Review
Finally, here are my star ratings for the Saatva All-Year Comforter.