If you’re on the hunt for a cooling weighted blanket, the True Temp weighted blanket from Sleep Number could be just the blanket for you! In addition to offering soothing weight that helps keep you calm and sleepy, it’s one of the best cooling options I’ve tested so far.
Interested in learning more about this temperature regulating blanket? Read my full review to learn what this blanket is made of, how it feels, and who I’d recommend it to. Or skip down to my review summary to save time.
What is the Sleep Number Weighted Blanket Made Of?
Weighted blankets can vary in fill and cover materials, so I always like to kick off my reviews with a section on what a specific product is made of. To learn more about the variety of weighted blankets out there, check out the best weighted blankets roundup.
Like many weighted blankets, the True Temp includes a removable cover (like a duvet cover) and an inner blanket that’s filled with weighted beads. The True Temp’s outer cover is removable and machine washable, which is a great perk. The washable cover is made of a cotton and polyester blend that feels cool to the touch. In my opinion, this cotton cover has more of a linen feel than a cozy microfiber feel.
The main perk of this cover is that it includes Sleep Number’s 37.5 active particle technology. This tech is moisture-wicking, which really helps reduce overheating. Personally, I felt this blanket felt much cooler than a traditional weighted blanket.
The True Temp’s inner blanket is made of polyester and filled with a mix of glass beads and plastic pellets. It’s kept in place with inner ties. The fill is sewn into this layer using no shift channel construction, which is a channel-like compartment design that helps ensure the weighted beads are evenly distributed throughout the blanket. In my opinion, the fill stayed very evenly distributed no matter how much I moved this blanket around. Even weight distribution is a key factor in a comfortable weighted blanket, so I was glad the True Temp’s internal quilting kept its fill in place.
As I mentioned above, this blanket comes in a 12 lb and 20 lb model. Sleep Number suggests choosing the model that is closest to 10% of your body weight. The blanket is 48 x 78 inches, which means it’s about the size of a standard throw blanket.
What Does the Sleep Number Weighted Blanket Feel Like?
Now that you know what this blanket is made of, I want to talk a little more about how it felt to test it! For reference, I tested out the 12 lb version of this blanket.
Like all weighted blankets, the True Temp blanket offered a nice Deep Pressure Touch, which is just a fancy phrase meaning it distributed weight across my body. Weighted blankets, and other forms of Deep Pressure Touch are great for relieving anxiety to help you get a good night’s sleep. Personally, I felt calm and comfortable under the True Temp. It was heavy enough for me to feel cocooned, but not so heavy that I felt trapped.
As I mentioned above, I also liked that this bed’s fill was really evenly distributed. I tested the blanket lying down with it on top of me, and sitting up with it wrapped around my shoulders. The fill stayed put in both positions, which I really liked.
Is the True Temp Weighted Blanket Good for Hot Sleepers?
This weighted blanket was designed for hot sleepers, and I think it delivered! I don’t think it restricted airflow or trapped body heat. In fact, I found it offered more breathability than some comforters or duvet inserts.
I also liked that the True Temp’s outer cotton blanket felt much more breathable than something soft and fuzzy. If you’re looking for a temperature-balancing weighted blanket I think the True Temp blanket is a great option. If you’re looking for something warmer, I’d opt for another weighted blanket.
How Durable is the Sleep Number Weighted Blanket?
This blanket felt very high-quality to me, and I think it would definitely stand up to a machine wash. Just be sure to only wash the outer cover, the inner blanket is spot clean only (you don’t want a washing machine full of glass beads). I also think this blanket could stand up to some rough use. All in all, I’d estimate it will last you 5-7 years, if not longer.
So, who is this blanket the best fit for? Take a look below to find out who I would and would not recommend it for.
Who should try the True Temp weighted blanket
- Hot sleepers interested in a weighted blanket should really like the True Temp, it really helped me regulate my body temperature.
- Sleepers looking for evenly distributed fill that doesn’t shift and move around as you move the blanket will really like the True Temp.
- Sleepers interested in a machine-washable blanket should like the True Temp.
True Temp weighted blanket complaints
- Sleepers over 200 lb will need a heavier blanket to get the amount of Deep Pressure Touch they need to get all the calming benefits of a weighted blanket.
- Sleepers looking for a larger blanket might not like the True Temp. It’s a bit smaller than a twin-size comforter, so sleepers looking for a queen size or king size blanket may want to go with a different brand. Take a look at the comparison section below for some options.
True Temp Weighted Blanket Prices, Sizes, and Colors
Take a look below for full sizing and pricing information on the True Temp weighted blanket. This blanket comes in dark blue, grey, and plum, so you have a few options that can match your bedroom decor.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
|12 lb||48" x 70"||$199.99|
|20 lb||48" x 70"||$199.99|
Sleep Number Policies and FAQs
How does the True Temp weighted blanket ship?
This blanket will ship for free in the mail.
Does the Sleep Number True Temp weighted blanket come with a warranty?
Yes, this weighted blanket comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Can I return the True Temp weighted blanket after opening it?
No, you can’t return this blanket for a refund. But, you can exchange this blanket for a different product during its 30-night sleep trial period.
Is the True Temp weighted blanket machine washable?
The outer cover of this mattress is machine washable. The inner fill blanket is not machine washable, and should only be spot-cleaned.
Sleep Number True Temp Vs
Below, I’ll compare the True Temp weighted blanket to two other popular weighted blanket options from Bearaby and Gravity Blanket.
True Temp Weighted Blanket vs Bearaby Tree Napper
- The Bearaby Tree Napper weighted blanket is an eco-friendly blanket made completely out of Tencel.
- Unlike most weighted blankets, the Tree Napper isn’t filled with anything. Instead, it gets its weight from layers and layers of fabric knitted into a wide-loop weave.
- The Tree Napper is also very breathable, so hot sleepers who prefer a non-traditional feel might like it.
- Learn more in the Bearaby Tree Napper weighted blanket review.
True Temp Weighted Blanket vs Gravity Blanket
- The Gravity Blanket is flippable, and has one cooling silky side and one velvety side.
- Gravity Blanket offers some of the heaviest weighted blankets on the market, which is great news for heavy sleepers or anyone who likes the feel of extra weight.
- The Gravity Blanket is offered in larger sizes (including a queen and king size).
- Learn more in the full Gravity Blanket review.
Other Products from Sleep Number
In addition to the True Temp weighted blanket, Sleep Number offers mattresses, pillows, and other bedding accessories. Take a look at the list below to find some of our other Sleep Number reviews.
- Sleep Number Bed Reviews
- Sleep Number C2 Bed Review
- Sleep Number 360 i8 Smart Bed Review
- Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed Review
Still not sure if the True Temp weighted blanket will help you sleep better? Take a look at how I rated it below to decide!