I’m excited to be getting my first look at Bear’s newest mattress! It’s a hybrid construction that aims to a provide a luxurious feel. Just like the original Bear mattress, the Bear Hybrid uses a Celliant blend in its cover, which some studies say can aid in the recovery process. This is a bed in a box mattress, so before I get a chance to test it out, I have to get it set up on the frame.
- Cover – Material is a Celliant blend. Quilted with 2 inches of hypersoft foam.
- Comfort – 3 inches of “performance” foam that has a quick response to pressure to provide some bounce to the mattress.
- Contour – 2 inches of gel memory foam that will allow the sleeper to sink into the mattress for pressure relief.
- Support – 2.5 inch layer of pocketed coils provide some support and bounce to the mattress.
- Base – 5 inches of high density poly foam that supports the layers above it and give the Bear Hybrid its shape.
- Luxury Feel – The combination of soft foams and solid support give the Bear Hybrid a luxurious feel.
- Sinkage – When first lying on the mattress I noticed I sunk pretty far into the layers.
- Pressure Relief – I’ll take a closer look at this in the full review, but just wanted to mention I didn’t feel any pressure points forming while I was lying on the mattress.
That’s it for now, stay on the lookout for my upcoming review!
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving: Loom and Leaf Mattress Giveaway! - December 13, 2018
- 25 Days of Giving: Sealy Cocoon Mattress Giveaway! - December 10, 2018