I’m excited to be getting my first look at Bear’s newest mattress! It’s a hybrid construction that aims to a provide a luxurious feel. Just like the original Bear mattress, the Bear Hybrid uses a Celliant blend in its cover, which some studies say can aid in the recovery process. This is a bed in a box mattress, so before I get a chance to test it out, I have to get it set up on the frame.
- Cover – Material is a Celliant blend. Quilted with 2 inches of hypersoft foam.
- Comfort – 3 inches of “performance” foam that has a quick response to pressure to provide some bounce to the mattress.
- Contour – 2 inches of gel memory foam that will allow the sleeper to sink into the mattress for pressure relief.
- Support – 2.5 inch layer of pocketed coils provide some support and bounce to the mattress.
- Base – 5 inches of high density poly foam that supports the layers above it and give the Bear Hybrid its shape.
- Luxury Feel – The combination of soft foams and solid support give the Bear Hybrid a luxurious feel.
- Sinkage – When first lying on the mattress I noticed I sunk pretty far into the layers.
- Pressure Relief – I’ll take a closer look at this in the full review, but just wanted to mention I didn’t feel any pressure points forming while I was lying on the mattress.
That’s it for now, stay on the lookout for my upcoming review!
Logan is the content director of Sleepopolis, which means he not only reviews new mattresses every week, but also curates all the comparisons, best of pages, and video guides on the site. He takes a straightforward, honest approach to his reviews and endeavors to give viewers an objective look at each new product he tries out. Logan has perfected his method by personally testing over 200 different mattresses, so he’s not only able to discern the overall vibe of a specific bed, but to contextualize its feel within the bed-in-a-box market as a whole.