Interested in some of the new memory foam mattresses hitting the market? So are we! This week we decided to unbox and begin our testing process on the brand new Hyphen mattress. Hyphen has created their mattress with the active lifestyle in mind, but is also a great all-around mattress for many sleeper types. Hyphen is a 10″ mattress built from 3 separate layers of foam.
Watch my full unboxing of the Hyphen mattress below!
My Initial Thoughts:
After my first few nights of sleeping on the Hyphen mattress, here are my initial thoughts:
- Medium firm feel – the Hyphen mattress falls right at a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale (10 being the most firm). Hyphen has designed this mattress with intentions of meeting the needs of the vast majority of sleepers.
- Impressive Contour & Support – the Hyphen mattress is soft enough to allow contouring / pressure relief for body parts as light as my arms and head, but yet still supportive enough to support my mid section and heavier parts of my body. It’s one of the most balanced 10″ foam mattress I’ve tested in some time.
- Very Quick Response – although the Hyphen is an all foam mattress the response time is definitely quicker than most traditional foam mattresses. After applying heavy amounts pf pressure to one spot on the mattress, Hyphen was able to bounce right back into shape without almost any hesitation. The response time is virtually the same as you would get with a latex foam mattress.
- Very good bounce – with fast response also comes good bounce. Nice benefit for amorous activities.
Be sure to check back in about a week for my full review of the Hyphen mattress.
If you’re looking for a little more information on the Hyphen mattress, visit HyphenSleep.com.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Sweeps Of Your Dreams - April 9, 2018
- What Is Biphasic Sleep and How Might It Benefit You? - March 24, 2018