Update – full Purple mattress review is now live!
Help me to welcome in the new Purple mattress! The Purple mattress has a unique set of materials, combining a hyper-elastic polymer with two layers of polyurethane foam. This mattress is a solid 9.5″ in height and is looking to shake up the mattress industry with one of the most unique materials I’ve tested to date.
But can an elastic polymer create quality sleep? Take a look at the full mattress unboxing video below!
After my first few nights of sleeping on the Purple mattress, here are my initial thoughts:
- Medium firm feel – the Purple mattress comes in at a 6’ish out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the most firm. The mattress also does a great job relieving pressure points your body tried to create.
- Very cool – is easily one of the coolest mattresses I have slept on to date. The layered design, breathable cover, and hyper elastic material really keep the sleeping surface quite cool. The Purple polymer material has a web-like pattern with lots of air pockets. These pockets create a tremendous amount of airflow you won’t see anywhere else.
- Great response – the hyper-elastic polymer has extremely fast response time when pressure is applied. While lying on the mattress, you can roll over and the mattress will quickly adjust to your new lying position. It will actually pop right back into shape immediately after you remove any pressure applied to a specific spot (even faster than latex).
- Rounded balanced contour – unlike traditional foam mattresses, Purple displaces your body pressure. In other words, the mattress does not sharply contour around the shape of your body. Instead, it actually feels more like a rounded contour, similar to latex in some respects, but with more bounce and even better cooling. It’s one of the most unique feels I’ve experienced in any mattress.
As always, if you have any questions about the Purple mattress feel free to drop me a comment down below. It is my pleasure to provide any help I can!
Don’t forget to check out my Purple mattress review.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Sweeps Of Your Dreams - April 9, 2018
- What Is Biphasic Sleep and How Might It Benefit You? - March 24, 2018