Bed risers pack a lot of utility into a small package. If you have a health issue that makes it challenging to get in and out of bed, raising the height of your bed can make things easier. If you’re cramped for storage space, elevating your bed by a few inches can open up new storage options. Or maybe you just like the elegant look of a taller bed, or you’re sick of your bedding dragging on the floor.
No matter your reasons for wanting to raise your bed, the bed risers on this list should give you some great options to choose from. To find the right risers for you, consider your personal needs alongside safety concerns, budget constraints, and aesthetic preferences. Then, do your research to make sure the options you’re considering will fit your bed’s feet. Happy hunting!
Snuggle-Pedic Memory Foam Body Pillow
- This pillow is filled with a proprietary foam mix that provides orthopedic support to your body and resists ever going flat.
- At 54 inches long, this pillow can support your entire body while still providing enough room to continue using your own neck pillow.
- This pillow is also fully machine washable and dryer safe.
- This pillow does not include a zip-off cover, meaning that there’s little room for adjustion to its firmness.
This memory foam pillow can conform to support stomach sleepers, side sleepers, or anyone in between. It’s also covered with a breathable blend of bamboo and polyester, keeping you cool throughout the entire night.
Coop Home Goods Adjustable Body Pillow
- This long pillow encourages side sleeping, a healthy posture that reduces the likelihood of snoring.
- The memory foam fill inside this pillow is hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant, and certified by Certi-PUR US, meaning it’s free of ozone depleters and other toxins.
- If you aren’t satisfied with this pillow, you can return it for a full refund for up to 100 days.
- Though they quickly dissipate, the fumes from this pillow’s foam are initially unpleasant.
Conforming to every curve of your body, the Coop Home Goods Adjustable Body Pillow is the perfect way to find the sleep of your dreams. It even features an adjustable shape, allowing it to fit bodies of any size and height.
AllerEase Cotton Body Pillow
- At 54 inches long, this pillow can simultaneously provide support to your hips, back, neck, and stomach.
- The cover on this pillow is made with 100% cotton, allowing air to pass through the fabric and preventing the trapping of heat.
- This pillow is completely machine washable, and when tumble-dried on low, the fiber filling re-fluffs.
- This pillow’s filling produces a crinkling noise when pressure is applied or shifted.
Offering an alternative to memory foam, the AllerEase Cotton Body Pillow is made of 100% cotton, wicking moisture and reducing heat as you sleep. Its hypoallergenic polyester fill also protects you from dust, pollen, and pet dander.
Best For Neck Pain
Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- The unique shape of this pillow provides superior versatility, allowing you to support your side while also tucking it beneath your neck and legs.
- Its cotton cover is removable and safe to put in the washing machine and dryer.
- Due to its flexibility, this pillow can also function as a reading pillow.
- Until you break in this pillow, it can be difficult to get it to hold your desired position.
With its unique C-shape, the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow simultaneously supports your neck, back, hips, and stomach. Why buy several pillows when you could get the same functionality from just one?
Best For Stomach Sleepers
EnerPlex Never-Flat Body Pillow
- All the parts of this pillow are fully machine washable. They’re also safe for the dryer on low heat.
- The blend of memory foam that fills this pillow is designed to mimic the support and softness of a traditional down pillow.
- Designed with a blend of bamboo and polyester fibers, this pillow’s cover is breathable, keeping you cool at night.
- Like some of the other pillows reviewed here, this one also has a pungent odor that fades over time.
The EnerPlex Never-Flat Body Pillow is filled with shredded memory foam that not only is CertiPUR-US certified, but it will also never go flat. The fill is also adjustable, allowing you to achieve your desired level of firmness.
How We Picked
When you research bed risers, you’ll probably notice there are a lot of options around a similar price range. And we mean a lot of options. So how do you narrow in on the right risers for you? While compiling this list, we took the following factors into account.
Most bed risers focus on function over form. Within a certain budget, you’re unlikely to find effective risers that don’t look like plastic, utilitarian items. But the good news is you can always add a bed skirt to cover them up.
The risers on this list do vary in terms of the size of their footprint, and that can affect how bulky they look. If size is an issue, select your bed risers accordingly.
All of the bed risers on this list are less than $40; some are as cheap as approximately $15. This price range can accommodate a variety of budgets.
That said, it’s important to know that you often get what you pay for. The pricier options on this list are also more likely to be sturdy and durable, while the bargain options may not remain intact over the long-term.
People raise their beds for different reasons. Maybe they have a health issue that makes it challenging to get in and out of a lower bed. Perhaps they want just enough space to store flat items. Or maybe they’re looking for some seriously enhanced storage space.
Because height requirements will vary depending on your needs, we chose bed risers of different heights (as well as risers that offer customization options) so you could pick the right option for you.
In our view, this is the most important factor when it comes to picking a bed riser.
Sturdier options might cost more, but they also protect you from the risk of your bed crashing through the risers and causing damage to family members, pets, and/or physical belongings.
All of the risers on this list have decent reviews when it comes to safety, but there’s also a clear trend: The more expensive options tend to be more reliable.
Nobody wants their bed risers to destroy their floors, so we focused on options that were designed with floor protection in mind. Each of the bed risers on this list claim to protect carpets from snags and wood floors from scratches or dents.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Before purchasing a set of bed risers, ask yourself the following:
- Why are you raising your bed? This will help you figure out how high the risers need to be. For instance, if you’re planning to store shoe boxes under the bed, then you’ll want to buy risers that are tall enough to accommodate the height of those boxes.
- Which matters more: cost or sturdiness? You get what you pay for when it comes to bed risers. Cheaper options are more budget-friendly, but they may not last as long or be as reliable as pricier options. Choose accordingly.
- How big are your bed’s feet? This measurement will help you filter out risers that don’t accommodate the type or size of your bed’s feet. Before purchasing any bed risers, make sure you’re confident that they’ll fit the base of your bed.
Once you consider why you want to raise your bed, whether you’re more concerned with cost or stability, and the dimensions of your bed’s feet, you’ll have made it a lot easier to find the best bed risers for your needs. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying more storage space and/or easier access while getting in and out of your bed.