Bed risers pack a lot of utility into a small package. If you have a health issue that makes it challenging to get in and out of bed, raising the height of your bed can make things easier. If you’re cramped for storage space, elevating your bed by a few inches can open up new storage options. Or maybe you just like the elegant look of a taller bed, or you’re sick of your bedding dragging on the floor.
No matter your reasons for wanting to raise your bed, the bed risers on this list should give you some great options to choose from. To find the right risers for you, consider your personal needs alongside safety concerns, budget constraints, and aesthetic preferences. Then, do your research to make sure the options you’re considering will fit your bed’s feet. Happy hunting!
Best Hybrid Mattress For Hip Pain
A hybrid mattress can be a great solution for those who suffer from hip pain. Built with pressure-relieving foam and supportive coils, these beds offer a balanced approach to soothing aches and setting the spine in a healthy, neutral alignment. And if a hybrid sounds like a good fit for your needs, I’d suggest checking out the Leesa Legend.
This hybrid mattress makes the cut because of its special zoned support system of microcoils. Tucked just beneath the gentle top layers of poly foam and memory foam, this section works to bring targeted relief to the shoulders and hips. Specifically, it lifts the lumbar region up and out of the structure while cushioning the shoulders as they press into the bed. This helps to align the spine and alleviate tension at the hips and lower back.
To learn more about this legend of a bed, check out my full Leesa Legend mattress review.
The Leesa Legend has a soft feel that I love for side sleepers and great bounce so you won't feel stuck in bed. Be sure to click this link to save 15% site wide on Leesa products!
My choice for editor’s pick is the SoClean 2 CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer. This water-free CPAP cleaner uses ozone to kill 99.9% of microorganisms and bacteria. The chamber is large enough to sterilize multiple CPAP masks at once, and can accommodate nasal pillow masks, hoses, and full-face CPAP masks.
- Trial period. The SoClean2 comes with a 30-day trial period, making it easy to test out the device and return it if necessary for a full refund
- Fits most common CPAP machines. The SoClean2 works with many popular CPAP machines and comes with an adapter for models that aren’t compatible
- Ease of use. Remove your CPAP mask, place it in the SoClean2, and let it run. It really is that simple
- Lengthy cleaning time. Though the actual cleaning time is only 7 minutes, the SoClean2 must remain closed for two hours. This could make the device less appealing for folks who are pressed for time
- Ozone smell. This cleaner produced the odor of ozone after use, which may be an issue if you’re sensitive to certain smells or have respiratory issues
The SoClean 2 fits most common CPAP machines and is extremely easy to use.
Best UV Light Cleaner
3B Lumin CPAP Mask and Accessory Cleaner
My choice for best UV light cleaner is the 3B Lumin CPAP Mask and Accessory Cleaner. This cleaner sterilizes using UV light instead of ozone, which can cause respiratory irritation in some people. The Lumin cleaner comes with a limited 2-year warranty and may be used to clean anything that fits in the 9.5″ L x 6.5″ W x 4″H chamber.
- Fast. The Lumin cleaner sterilizes CPAP masks and equipment in 5 minutes and doesn’t require a waiting period after the cycle ends
- Easy set-up. Clear instructions and intuitive components make this cleaner quick and simple to put together
- No smell or residue. CPAP users who have been using wipes, hand-washing, or using ozone cleaners will appreciate the absence of scent and cleaner remnants on their equipment after using the Lumin device
- On the larger side. If you have only a small space to store this cleaner, it may feel a bit bulky
- Cleaning capacity. The Lumin does not disinfect the lining of hoses, which will still need to be sterilized by hand or with an ozone cleaner
The 3B Lumin CPAP Mask and Accessory Cleaner is easy to use and sterilizes quickly.
LEEL O3 Portable Cleaner and Sanitizer
My top choice for best bargain is the LEEL O3 Portable Cleaner and Sanitizer Bundle. This compact CPAP cleaner includes a portable cleaner, bag for sanitizing, and USB charging cable. The Leel Portable cleaner also comes with a heated hose adapter and mini hose adapter, and can be used for other items such as toothbrushes, dentures, and retainers.
- Lightweight. This cleaner is compact, all right, and is one of the lightest of all the cleaners I tested
- Price. An ozone cleaner with these extras is a deal at this price
- LCD gauge. The LCD gauge displays battery life and a countdown timer, making this product even more convenient
- Durability. The Leel cleaner is light and a bit flimsy, which may be durability issue over the long run
- Odor. This cleaner may be smaller than many other ozone cleaners, but still had a bit of residual smell after use
The LEEL O3 Portable Cleaner and Sanitizer is a lightweight and affordable CPAP cleaning option.
Best Cleaning Bundle
Moocoo Portable Cleaner and Sanitizer
My pick for best CPAP cleaner bundle is the Moocoo Portable Cleaner and Sanitizer Rechargeable Ozone Cleaning Machine Bundle. This portable little bundle includes the cleaning unit, sanitizing bag, heated hose adapter, T adapter, USB cable, and AC adapter.
- Quiet. The cleaning unit was the quietest of all the ozone CPAP cleaners I tested. If noise is an issue for you, the Moocoo is a great option
- Portable. All of the portable cleaners I tried would be great for travel, but this one was especially compact and packed with helpful adapters
- Price. This bundle, at this price? The Moocoo is one of the best CPAP cleaner deals out there
- Battery. The battery stopped working after only two uses. This may be a fluke, but keep this in mind if long battery life is one of your must-haves
- Bag. My bag was a bit torn at one corner. I did a quick and easy exchange, but considering how important the bag is to the sanitizing process, it could be more durable
The Moocoo Portable Cleaner and Sanitizer is extremely quiet and great for travel!
How We Picked
When you research bed risers, you’ll probably notice there are a lot of options around a similar price range. And we mean a lot of options. So how do you narrow in on the right risers for you? While compiling this list, we took the following factors into account.
Most bed risers focus on function over form. Within a certain budget, you’re unlikely to find effective risers that don’t look like plastic, utilitarian items. But the good news is you can always add a bed skirt to cover them up.
The risers on this list do vary in terms of the size of their footprint, and that can affect how bulky they look. If size is an issue, select your bed risers accordingly.
All of the bed risers on this list are less than $40; some are as cheap as approximately $15. This price range can accommodate a variety of budgets.
That said, it’s important to know that you often get what you pay for. The pricier options on this list are also more likely to be sturdy and durable, while the bargain options may not remain intact over the long-term.
People raise their beds for different reasons. Maybe they have a health issue that makes it challenging to get in and out of a lower bed. Perhaps they want just enough space to store flat items. Or maybe they’re looking for some seriously enhanced storage space.
Because height requirements will vary depending on your needs, we chose bed risers of different heights (as well as risers that offer customization options) so you could pick the right option for you.
In our view, this is the most important factor when it comes to picking a bed riser.
Sturdier options might cost more, but they also protect you from the risk of your bed crashing through the risers and causing damage to family members, pets, and/or physical belongings.
All of the risers on this list have decent reviews when it comes to safety, but there’s also a clear trend: The more expensive options tend to be more reliable.
Nobody wants their bed risers to destroy their floors, so we focused on options that were designed with floor protection in mind. Each of the bed risers on this list claim to protect carpets from snags and wood floors from scratches or dents.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Before purchasing a set of bed risers, ask yourself the following:
- Why are you raising your bed? This will help you figure out how high the risers need to be. For instance, if you’re planning to store shoe boxes under the bed, then you’ll want to buy risers that are tall enough to accommodate the height of those boxes.
- Which matters more: cost or sturdiness? You get what you pay for when it comes to bed risers. Cheaper options are more budget-friendly, but they may not last as long or be as reliable as pricier options. Choose accordingly.
- How big are your bed’s feet? This measurement will help you filter out risers that don’t accommodate the type or size of your bed’s feet. Before purchasing any bed risers, make sure you’re confident that they’ll fit the base of your bed.
Once you consider why you want to raise your bed, whether you’re more concerned with cost or stability, and the dimensions of your bed’s feet, you’ll have made it a lot easier to find the best bed risers for your needs. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying more storage space and/or easier access while getting in and out of your bed.