Bed risers pack a lot of utility into a small package. If you have a health issue that makes it challenging to get in and out of bed, raising the height of your bed can make things easier. If you’re cramped for storage space, elevating your bed by a few inches can open up new storage options. Or maybe you just like the elegant look of a taller bed, or you’re sick of your bedding dragging on the floor.
No matter your reasons for wanting to raise your bed, the bed risers on this list should give you some great options to choose from. To find the right risers for you, consider your personal needs alongside safety concerns, budget constraints, and aesthetic preferences. Then, do your research to make sure the options you’re considering will fit your bed’s feet. Happy hunting!
Best Women’s Long-Sleeved Set
Thermajane Women’s Ultra Soft Thermal Underwear
- The four-way stretch construction ensures the pajamas move with your body and don’t cause pinching, chafing, or discomfort.
- The pajamas are designed to quickly wick away moisture so you don’t get clammy while sleeping.
- The set is available in lots of vibrant colors, so you can customize the look to your personal preferences.
- This is a fairly budget-friendly pajama set.
- The pajamas might not fit exactly true to size.
- The fabric doesn’t seem like it’s super durable.
Sleep comfortably all night long in the Thermajane Women’s Ultra Soft Thermal Underwear, which wick away moisture and move with your body. The set is available in tons of vibrant colors.
Best Men’s Long-Sleeved Set
HAREWOM Thermal Underwear for Men
- The top and bottoms are designed with comfort in mind. The inner lining is super soft to the touch, and the four-way stretch design allows for freedom of movement.
- The fabric is breathable and moisture-wicking, so you shouldn’t wake up in a pool of sweat.
- This is a fairly budget-friendly set of recovery pajamas.
- The set is available in five colors, so there’s some room to customize the overall look to your personal preferences.
One con? The pajamas don’t feature specific materials to promote circulation or muscle recovery.
The HAREWOM Thermal Underwear for Men are ultra-comfortable thanks to a silky-soft lining and four-way stretch construction. The breathable fabric wicks away fabric so you don’t wake up hot.
HOMFINER Set of 6 Decorative Throw Pillow Covers
- The large set comes with six covers, each in a different modern design.
- Five of the covers are made from 100% cotton; one is made from vegan faux leather.
- Double-stitched seams and quality fabrics mean these should be durable throw pillow covers.
- The “invisible” zippers won’t detract from the overall look.
- The cotton covers might need to be lint-rolled on a regular basis, which can be a bit of a hassle.
- The white covers are on the thinner side, so you’ll probably need to stuff them with white pillow inserts to avoid darker colors showing through.
The six-piece HOMFINER Set of 6 Decorative Throw Pillow Covers feature a modern design that should jive with a variety of bedroom color palettes. Quality materials and double-stitched seams should ensure these hold up well over the long-term.
BLEUM CADE Throw Pillow Covers
- The throw pillow covers come in several color choices and feature four modern, geometric designs.
- The polyester peach material is soft to the touch and seems fairly durable.
- The covers are machine-washable and dryer-friendly.
- This is a fairly budget-friendly throw pillow set.
- The white sections are thin and a little transparent, so a darker or designed insert might show through.
- The backside of the covers is white; the design doesn’t extend to both sides of the cover. This might annoy some people.
The geometric BLEUM CADE Throw Pillow Covers come in several color choices. The machine-washable covers are soft to the touch and budget-friendly.
Phantoscope Set of 4 New Living Series
- The throw pillow covers are available in a wide variety of vibrant colors.
- The invisible zipper closure ensures that the zipper won’t detract from the pillow covers’ overall look.
- The covers are machine-washable, so it’s easy to clean them at home.
- This is a very budget-friendly throw pillow set.
- Certain colors might not exactly match their pictures.
- The fabric is on the thinner side, which won’t appeal to everyone.
The vibrant Phantoscope Set of 4 New Living Series throw pillow covers are available in a range of colors. The invisible zipper closure creates a smooth finish.
How We Picked
When you research bed risers, you’ll probably notice there are a lot of options around a similar price range. And we mean a lot of options. So how do you narrow in on the right risers for you? While compiling this list, we took the following factors into account.
Most bed risers focus on function over form. Within a certain budget, you’re unlikely to find effective risers that don’t look like plastic, utilitarian items. But the good news is you can always add a bed skirt to cover them up.
The risers on this list do vary in terms of the size of their footprint, and that can affect how bulky they look. If size is an issue, select your bed risers accordingly.
All of the bed risers on this list are less than $40; some are as cheap as approximately $15. This price range can accommodate a variety of budgets.
That said, it’s important to know that you often get what you pay for. The pricier options on this list are also more likely to be sturdy and durable, while the bargain options may not remain intact over the long-term.
People raise their beds for different reasons. Maybe they have a health issue that makes it challenging to get in and out of a lower bed. Perhaps they want just enough space to store flat items. Or maybe they’re looking for some seriously enhanced storage space.
Because height requirements will vary depending on your needs, we chose bed risers of different heights (as well as risers that offer customization options) so you could pick the right option for you.
In our view, this is the most important factor when it comes to picking a bed riser.
Sturdier options might cost more, but they also protect you from the risk of your bed crashing through the risers and causing damage to family members, pets, and/or physical belongings.
All of the risers on this list have decent reviews when it comes to safety, but there’s also a clear trend: The more expensive options tend to be more reliable.
Nobody wants their bed risers to destroy their floors, so we focused on options that were designed with floor protection in mind. Each of the bed risers on this list claim to protect carpets from snags and wood floors from scratches or dents.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Before purchasing a set of bed risers, ask yourself the following:
- Why are you raising your bed? This will help you figure out how high the risers need to be. For instance, if you’re planning to store shoe boxes under the bed, then you’ll want to buy risers that are tall enough to accommodate the height of those boxes.
- Which matters more: cost or sturdiness? You get what you pay for when it comes to bed risers. Cheaper options are more budget-friendly, but they may not last as long or be as reliable as pricier options. Choose accordingly.
- How big are your bed’s feet? This measurement will help you filter out risers that don’t accommodate the type or size of your bed’s feet. Before purchasing any bed risers, make sure you’re confident that they’ll fit the base of your bed.
Once you consider why you want to raise your bed, whether you’re more concerned with cost or stability, and the dimensions of your bed’s feet, you’ll have made it a lot easier to find the best bed risers for your needs. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying more storage space and/or easier access while getting in and out of your bed.