Meet the Bear mattress! Bear is a new online mattress start-up company that’s very quickly growing in popularity. Their namesake mattress, the Bear, is a 10″ universal comfort all foam mattress. The Bear is aimed at sleepers with lead active lifestyles and require a mattress that provides truly restorative sleep. The Bear mattress is designed to provide balanced comfort, medium firmness, great support, and exceptional cooling. It utilizes a 3 layer design of graphite gel infused memory foam, rapid response foam, and a high density support foam.
[box type=”download”] Bear Coupon: Save $50 on any Bear mattress with code “SLEEPOPOLIS50”[/box]
Enough of the intro though. Watch as my wife and I unbox the Bear mattress!
Below are my initial thoughts on the feel, support, and cooling after my first few nights on the Bear mattress.
- Medium Firmness – the Bear strikes a medium firm feel at a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, where 10 is the most firm. Its medium firmness feel is designed to be suited for the majority of sleepers (~70-85% of sleepers prefer a medium feel, 5-7 out of 10).
- Good Bounce & Responsiveness – the Bear mattress has one of the best degrees of bounce and high responsiveness of any foam mattress I have tested over the last year. Bounce is tricky…you need enough, but not too much. Not enough and you’re sleeping in quick sand, and too much can create issues with motion transfer (which could lead to partners disturbing each other during the night). The Bear has a just enough that it’s comfortable, creates responsive adaptive support, and improves amorous activity.
- Celliant Cover – there are few special materials that impress me as much as Celliant. Celliant is a thermoreactive mineral thread that turns body heat into infrared light. Not only does this reduce the temperature on the sleeping surface, but infrared light has been shown in a number of studies to improve oxygenation by your body…this translates into better internal temperature regulation, reduces muscle pain, and improves cellular regeneration.
After the first few nights I’m quite impressed with the Bear mattress. I will be sleep testing the Bear for the next several nights. Check back later this next week for my full review on the Bear mattress. Or if you just can’t wait visit BearMattress.com for more information.
As always, if you have any comments or questions that I can help with please don’t hesitate to drop me a comment down below. Happy sleeping!
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Nest Bedding: An Interview with Founder Joe Alexander - October 29, 2018
- Which States Sleep The Most Uncomfortably In Summer? - June 4, 2018