I’m getting my first look at the new Bowery mattress from Brooklyn Bedding. It is an all foam construction that utilizes Energex foam in the comfort layer to provide some bounce and cooling. Like all mattresses from Brooklyn Bedding it arrives compressed in a box, so the first step is getting it set up on the bed frame.
- Cover – The cover is constructed with a stretch-knit cotton blend. This means it’s not only soft to the touch, but snaps right back into place to prevent bunching at the corners as you move around.
- Comfort Layer – Below the cover, you’ll find the comfort layer, which is comprised of 3” of Energex foam. It’s a soft material that responds quickly to pressure. This foam also dissipates body heat super well, creating a pleasantly cool sleep.
- Transition Layer – Composed of 2” of polyfoam. This material is firmer than the Energex Foam above to function to connect the soft top layers with the heavy-duty base below.
- Foundation Layer – The base is made up of 5” of high-density polyfoam. This section gives the bed its structure and stability.
- Pressure Relief – The all-foam construction provides quality comfort and helps to prevent the formation of pressure points in the body.
- Bounce – The Energex foam has a quick response to pressure, providing the mattress with some good bounce so you won’t feel stuck in the mattress.
- Value – Coming in as the least expensive of the Brooklyn Bedding line, the Bowery provides a quality sleep environment at a reasonable price.
That’s it for now, stay on the lookout for my upcoming review!
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Labor Day Mattress Sale 2018 - August 14, 2018
- Thermoregulation During Sleep: How Room and Body Temperature Affects Your Rest Quality - August 8, 2018