Does 100% latex really make a big difference? PlushBeds certainly think so, and their Botanical Bliss collection has set out to craft one of the highest quality latex mattresses available online. For this unboxing I took a look at the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss 10″ latex mattress. The mattress is built from 100% natural latex, 100% Joma wool, and quilted organic cotton.
Watch the full PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress unboxing below!
- Multiple firmness options – This mattress is available in 4 different firmness levels. For this review I tested the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss medium firmness. The PlushBed medium has a true medium feel at a 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, where 10 is the most firm. This puts it in a bit of a unique space. Most mattresses available online are medium firm (6 out of 10) or firmer, or they they are a true soft (3-3.5 out of 10). The Botanical Bliss is only the second mattress I have tested to date to have a perfect middle 5 out of 10 feel. Having a perfect medium + 3 other firmness levels make the PlushBed a good option for most sleepers.
- Great cooling & bounce – I’ve tested several mattresses that use latex comfort layers as the top layer of foam, but this is the first 100% latex mattress I have tested. I was surprised to find that it really does make a notable difference. As with all latex mattresses, the Botanical Bliss mattress has great bounce, cooling, and a balanced overall hug. The feel of 100% latex pushes these attributes to their maximum, creating a feel that is highly enjoyable.
- Heavy and difficult to move – without question the most frustrating part of the mattress is simply moving it. Latex is extremely heavy. A standard King mattress is 130 pounds. But more than simply the weight, latex doesn’t create a significant rigidity in the foundational layers. This makes it feel like moving dead weight. I would highly recommend at least 2 people when setting up or moving the mattress.
Check back in about a week for my full review on the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress. I’ll have the full contextual review up with my full analysis, photographs, videos, and more on the Botanical Bliss mattress.
As always, if you have any questions I can help with on the PlushBeds mattress or any other sleep related question don’t hesitate to drop me a comment down below. I’m always available to help.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Which States Sleep The Most Uncomfortably In Summer? - June 4, 2018
- Sweeps Of Your Dreams - April 9, 2018